The New Raith Rovers Thread

Anyone else getting mighty pissed at Marv right now?

5 days before pre-season starts and we don't even know if we need to find a centre back!

Fucking pray harder big man.

Yes I am but that might not be a good thing. Only McGlynn can tell us of other potential targets have drifted / are drifting by while we're waiting. I doubt he'd have let the situation go on if he really thought that was happening, but who knows.

In any case, while the club can't be run on sentiment, if anyone is owed a bit of breathing space, it's Marv. We can hardly accuse him of being a mercenary, on past record.

Edited by Yoss

Also, I can't think of anyone we've "missed out on". I've heard it mentioned a few times, but I'm just not seeing this massive line of quality defenders signing for everyone else while John McGlynn sits at home in the evenings, with the lights off and the curtains closed, twiddling his thumbs and staring longingly at his phone.

Yes I am but that might not be a good thing. Only McGlynn can tell us of other potential targets have drifted / are drifting by while we're waiting. I doubt he'd have let the situation go on if he really thought that was happening, but who knows.

In any case, while the club can't be run on sentiment, if anyone is owed a bit of breathing space, it's Marv. We can hardly accuse him of being a mercenary, on past record.

I'm certainly not suggesting that the man is being less than 100% honest and you are - of course - right about the manager being the only one who knows about the availability of the other signings. An, I agree that he deserves time to make his mind up.

It's been nearly 8 weeks now though and I'm getting nervy. Not unreasonably I think.

I'm perfectly happy to wait, too.

I'm also sticking to my "no news is good news" line. I would've thought that if another club was coming in for him, they would've done so by now, he's been freely available for a long time now.

Also, I can't think of anyone we've "missed out on". I've heard it mentioned a few times, but I'm just not seeing this massive line of quality defenders signing for everyone else while John McGlynn sits at home in the evenings, with the lights off and the curtains closed, twiddling his thumbs and staring longingly at his phone.

These are also very good points.

Yeah, likewise. The only one I can think of who might've been decent and within our range is Kevin James, and I suspect he was always destined for Ayr after his loan spell anyway.

And I don't rate him as highly as Marv.

i have a lot of time for marv but this has gone on too long i am getting worried we will miss out on anyone decent and have to rely on iain davidson

Sadly, I don't think he'll sign either. Relying on Davidson to fill the gap in defence isn't a good thought either. I think I'd top myself.

Sadly, I don't think he'll sign either. Relying on Davidson to fill the gap in defence isn't a good thought either. I think I'd top myself.

Never mind eh, we might get Scott Thomson.