The New Raith Rovers Thread

Ok,

So Wedderburn, Duggan, Flanagan and Buchanan gone by the club's hands. Assume Nesbit will be one who exercises a walk away clause. Who else? Gillespie seems a stick on, the walking wounded you'd think would stick around as being a free agent until January is probably unappealing....

So that’s 2 strikers, a winger and a midfielder gone. A long term crock (Dingwall) might trigger an escape. Nisbet might do the same. So far the defence hasn’t been touched yet. Please for goodness sake release Davidson or have him as player/coach. No time for sentiment.

Right decisions with the three let go. I’m surprised we terminated Flanagan’s contract but that was definitely the right decision. The lack of effort and desire he showed on Saturday after he came on can’t have helped his cause.

I’m more in shock that Nat is only 27. I honestly though he was about 35 or so given how slow he is.

The correct decision with all three. Buchanan worked hard but doesn't have the pace to be effective. Wedderburn doesn't have any mobility and isn't any better than Matthews at what he does.

I'm delighted Flanagan is gone too. Utterly peahearted and was pretty much Brian Fairbairn mk2. Awful attitude once things didn't go his way.

Hopefully we'll see the back of Davo next.

26 minutes ago, FullTimePint said:

Will be interesting to see how you guys make the hybrid model work. For the amount of teams making regular losses in the championship, you have to think more and more will begin to operate this way as the financial realities begin to bite.

Did it before. Full timers train with the reserve/youths and meet up with the part timers for the days they are in. 

I think we need at least one hammer thrower of a part time player who can mix it, as this season had no fucking fight at all.

Enter Dougie “the destroyer” Hill

ETA does anyone still have a picture of his neck wringing awesomess of the Gypo.

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

Please for goodness sake release Davidson or have him as player/coach. No time for sentiment.

No thanks to the second option. There's a well worn path to Bayview for players past their best. 

4 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Stop wanting ex players to return, please. It's a big bad world out there with many a player available for transfer. 

Yeah it'd be nice to abuse someone we don't already know for a season.