The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

No lack of effort today but real lack of quality. 

Big, big rebuilding job ahead. 

Ideally we'll establish who the best out of contract part time creative midfielder is and get them signed up as possible. 

I've not seen Ryan McCord since I saw him strolling about Waterstones on Princess Street. With that said, he only strolled about in his time with us too...

57 minutes ago, ewan_fife said:

BuT I THouGhT YoUs WeRE RoArInG BAcK

I think this sums up the difference in stature and ambition between Rovers and East Fife. 

One club's fans are debating about the degree of change required to bridge the gap from play off finalists to title contenders, whereas the other club's fans are wanking themselves into a frenzy of excitement having extended the contracts of almost the entire squad and manager who led them to 4th bottom of the league. 

Remember when we brought the 'Roaring Back' sign back out of storage for a Facebook video?

Massive rebuild for McGlynn but for me the priority has to be getting a plan in place to get this club sound financially. The Facebook page is full of morons demanding the directors put their hands in their pockets despite the fact we're making massive losses in this league. I don't want to go part time, but if being part time means we don't have to get the begging bowls out, then part time it has to be.
Obviously that could mean losing some players who'd we like to keep, but having players like Buchanan and Davidson eating up full time wages is concerning at this level.

On a side note, the fans were brilliant today, and throughout the whole playoffs. Hopefully we can carry that atmosphere into next season.

On a side note, the fans were brilliant today, and throughout the whole playoffs. Hopefully we can carry that atmosphere into next season.

Couldn’t agree more with this, now that we all know that we can come together and get behind the team why does it not happen more often?
The addition of the young team has been vital in this so therefore credit where credit is due to the boys for getting us off our seats again!

24 minutes ago, MoanEhRaith said:

Think the main question is now, both realistically and with a bit of imagination, where do we go from here?

It's really difficult to say at the moment as Grumswall says. It'll really come down to the board deciding on whether we go either hybrid or part time.  There's going to be a lot of players heading for the exit this summer, and in all honesty I think it's a good thing. We've a squad of players who have got by playing at an average standard. Wedderburn is probably a good example of this. Someone who'll get by week to week without every being exceptional.

In an attacking sense, we've nobody in midfield who can take the ball from a to b. But this is completely contradicted by the stats that we're the second highest scorers in the SPFL. There's been very few attractive performances from the team. 

Conversely, as I said on the match thread, only Dundee and Berwick have had less clean sheets than us. Every single team in our own division had more shutouts than ourselves including both relegated Brechin and Stenhousemuir. It's clear our defence needs wholesale changes. Lyness has looked suspect  in the league but did well today. Davidson should be finishing his career, or moving down a level. I'd be fine with keeping Benedictus, McKay and Murray as our central defenders. Crane was a disappointment over the course of the season but for a loanee he was encouraging our squad at the start and looked gutted when he went off. Not fixing the right back position was inexcusable. Rumours are we're looking at O'Neill from Airdrie. 

I'd love for us to keep the likes of Vaughan, Nisbet and get back Hendry but realistically it'll be hard. It wouldn't surprise me if Falkirk come in for Nisbet given his success. 

The most important thing is that the fans stick together and don't lose faith. We've got a lot of positives off the pitch. One of the most important things is the return of an atmosphere at Stark's. The young lads at the back have been brilliant and they've been getting to more away games recently.  The back of the stand today was excellent. Same with Forfar away last weekend.  

Typical that we finally got that elusive clean sheet away from home, on a day it did us zero good.
As to where we go from here, hopefully the board put out a statement soon so that we know where we stand and have a idea of what we face next season.
If McGlynn stays, he has to get this right. Yes, he's had some bad luck with injuries but there's plenty he could've done better and he needs to improve significantly next season.

30 minutes ago, kev23 said:

Remember when we brought the 'Roaring Back' sign back out of storage for a Facebook video?

Massive rebuild for McGlynn but for me the priority has to be getting a plan in place to get this club sound financially. The Facebook page is full of morons demanding the directors put their hands in their pockets despite the fact we're making massive losses in this league. I don't want to go part time, but if being part time means we don't have to get the begging bowls out, then part time it has to be.
Obviously that could mean losing some players who'd we like to keep, but having players like Buchanan and Davidson eating up full time wages is concerning at this level.

I didn't see many folk on Facebook demanding directors put money in . The fact is most of our directors don't put any money in so that's simply not true. A lot of folk who comment on Facebook are diehard fans but it's the usual perception on here that anything said by a longstanding member is gospel.

1 hour ago, kev23 said:

Outwith a sugar daddy/ quadruple roll over lottery winner  willing to invest, this club is years and years  from being sound financially.

I,ll defend Davidson by saying hes fine at this level and showd that today.Buchanan,double figure goals and our second top goalscorer this season as a bit part player is a good return

Edited by Rovers_Lad

I didn't see many folk on Facebook demanding directors put money in . The fact is most of our directors don't put any money in so that's simply not true. A lot of folk who comment on Facebook are diehard fans but it's the usual perception on here that anything said by a longstanding member is gospel.
It has been said in the past, haven't actually looked on fb tonight though. The one thing I can say with relative certainty though, we would most likely not be around without sim putting money into the club. He comes in for alot of stick and deservedly so with alot of things but he has put a fair whack into the club.
Is Vaughan a free agent now?
Not that we know of. Signed up till the end of next season but it's rumoured there are clauses within the contracts that could scupper that. He's also injured till Novemberish at the earliest I think.

Is he still the classy midfielder he was 2 seasons ago, when him and Shankland fought out player of the year?
He was excellent when he played. He sadly got injured early doors, came back to score a hat trick against the Pars and we finally thought we'd see him and a free scoring Nisbet together when the latter got back from his own injury.

The next game Vaughan tears his ACL (second ACL tear of his career and a second in our squad for the season after Regan Hendry) and is out for the rest of the season. Nisbet replaced him that day and scored as we lost to a Brechin team with three subs. Story of our season.

Outwith a sugar daddy/ quadruple roll over lottery winner  willing to invest, this club is years and years  from being sound financially.

Well in that case let's just stay full time till we go bust.