The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Frank conner said:

That doesn't prove it was Sim that said it.

No it doesn't, but it is a bit of a stretch to hang comments on one particular director.

In recent times I have seen and spoken to most of the board in the 200 club, just because one is in the club more than others is a bit unfair to apportion quotes to that person.

Does this board actually look for any kind of investment. They appear to rely on the goodwill of the supporters clubs to provide small inputs of money, however what the club needs is a large investment.  

We were told that new floodlights would be put in this season so the pitch could be hired out every night, that's not happening as they are struggling to light the ones we have. The railway side would be developed at some point to raise money I take it that's just a dream. 

Does this board actually look for any kind of investment. They appear to rely on the goodwill of the supporters clubs to provide small inputs of money, however what the club needs is a large investment.  
We were told that new floodlights would be put in this season so the pitch could be hired out every night, that's not happening as they are struggling to light the ones we have. The railway side would be developed at some point to raise money I take it that's just a dream. 
The railway stand needs taken down and a facility built behind the remaining steps including changing areas and a decent sized bar for both sets of fans. Have harped on about it long enough but do I expect it to happen. Probably not. A builder such as Alex Pemnan could create above for pennies. Alas you would finally have an income stream out with Matchday. [emoji848]

4 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

The floodlights have been upgraded by being re-lamped.

There was a noticeable improvement on Wednesday night, although there were still some lights missing.

48 minutes ago, FullTimePint said:

Might it be that some of your 'better' FT players just agree equally lucrative p/t deals, and the part-time basis is more for the overall squad rather than for example the Nisbetts and Vaughans.

This would be the ultimate disaster, really - yet another year of Iain Davidson (and other players not good enough for FT football) jobbing along and in turn decimating our budget.  Anyone decent would get a better gig elsewhere. 

If we do go fully PT then anyone who is FT should be allowed to leave if they want to stay FT, that's a given. It's a short career and in reality once they go PT that's pretty much it - they are unlikely ever to go FT again. Those with the options should therefore be allowed a go at it. 

Fingers crossed we can afford a hybrid model to avoid the above. 

Edited by Michael W

Hybrid model catering for Nisbet, Thomson, Vaughan,  Bene, Murray, gillespie and Flanagan? Possibly McKay also?

Sack the rest and bring in part timers to make a squad of 18 or something? 

The full time players above if fit  are good enough to build a team around and make the rest up with part timers also  surely we must have a couple of youngsters that can take the step up.

Hybrid system is the best way to go I know it's far from ideal but hey its life in the lower leagues of Scottish football.

8 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Hybrid model catering for Nisbet, Thomson, Vaughan,  Bene, Murray, gillespie and Flanagan? Possibly McKay also?

Sack the rest and bring in part timers to make a squad of 18 or something? 

I think Bene’s Time is up, McKay is the future and would be a big keep for me

14 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Why not?

Were you in the 200 club?

There seems to be a few  board members quite happy to divulge info  that should be kept in house.There was another director talking hybrid system

Makes a change it used to be Oliver’s in the High street where the chairman would give out the secrets 

The railway stand needs taken down and a facility built behind the remaining steps including changing areas and a decent sized bar for both sets of fans. Have harped on about it long enough but do I expect it to happen. Probably not. A builder such as Alex Pemnan could create above for pennies. Alas you would finally have an income stream out with Matchday. [emoji848]

Didn’t Penman offer monetary assistance some time ago and was refused. Did he want some sort of high level executive position and again refused point blank. If that’s the case we can’t be knocking things like this back. Please don’t bite my head off. This was talked about a while back, don’t know if it was on here or the Facebook group.