The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, grumswall said:

Interesting to hear mcglynn talk about being refused an emergency loan/ signing for in goal. We will be fucked if Lyness gets injured.

Also want to wish Robbie all the best with his op and recovery. A horrible injury to get.

If Lyness gets injured then we would be able to get one, the fact we have Lyness means it’s not an emergency 

If Lyness gets injured then we would be able to get one, the fact we have Lyness means it’s not an emergency 
Aye, I get that. When our backup is a 17? Year old though it's worrying. We can't get someone in after 5 minutes in a game if Lyness gets injured for example.

Another goalkeeping crisis? Never change, Wee Team. Never change.

In fairness, getting Lee Robinson on an emergency loan from us wouldn't be that hard to negotiate I'd imagine? Unless emergency loans are forbidden after a certain date?

Another goalkeeping crisis? Never change, Wee Team. Never change.

In fairness, getting Lee Robinson on an emergency loan from us wouldn't be that hard to negotiate I'd imagine? Unless emergency loans are forbidden after a certain date?

Lee Robinson? Always good to get back a fans favourite. I suppose he did help us win the Ramsdens Cup.

9 hours ago, grumswall said:
10 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Aye, I get that. When our backup is a 17? Year old though it's worrying. We can't get someone in after 5 minutes in a game if Lyness gets injured for example.

Maybe we could see if that ‘keeper we had on loan from Rangers is available.

We’ve had a bad time of it with injuries to ‘keepers over the last few years, but if we are looking to cut costs and run a reasonably balanced and successful squad, then we should probably be looking to have one senior ‘keeper and one youth ‘keeper. With the back-up being that we sound out a few Premier/Championship  clubs for possible loan ‘keepers.

Edited by Scary Bear

Dean Lyness is going to get injured and we’re going to have to play the 16 year old boy in goals in the play offs. Get your fucking house on it.
Anyone who would delight in our further travails in this league will be booting 7 shades out of Lyness in remaining games to make that happen.

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Dean Lyness is going to get injured and we’re going to have to play the 16 year old boy in goals in the play offs. Get your fucking house on it.

He's 17 now. Mcglynn in!!!

On 08/04/2019 at 16:00, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Coming up against Dobbie gives me the fear. 

I think Morton are on a slippy slope. I hope we get them if we make it through to the final. 

I know the conversation has moved on to your latest goalkeeping calamity (fucking hell Raith, honestly) but yes, if there’s one Championship team guaranteed not to make it through the playoffs if they’re there it’s Morton. Although if we are there you shouldn’t be concerned with playing us anyway, whichever one of East Fife or Montrose we’d meet in the semi would be favourites over two legs.

If this sounds like someone indulging in frank conner levels of melodramatic negativity about their own team, I would draw your attention the fact that Jonatan Johansson actually has a worse record with us than Gary Locke did with you.

We’re also absolutely slashing the budget next season even if we stay up and have Johansson under contract for another season, so if you’re still down here we’d be less of a threat to you than the other candidates as well.

28 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I know the conversation has moved on to your latest goalkeeping calamity (fucking hell Raith, honestly) but yes, if there’s one Championship team guaranteed not to make it through the playoffs if they’re there it’s Morton. Although if we are there you shouldn’t be concerned with playing us anyway, whichever one of East Fife or Montrose we’d meet in the semi would be favourites over two legs.

If this sounds like someone indulging in frank conner levels of melodramatic negativity about their own team, I would draw your attention the fact that Jonatan Johansson actually has a worse record with us than Gary Locke did with you.

We’re also absolutely slashing the budget next season even if we stay up and have Johansson under contract for another season, so if you’re still down here we’d be less of a threat to you than the other candidates as well.

Oh aye that old chestnut every other team will make it through the playoffs apart from Morton. Why would you be slashing your budget? virginton gives the impression your club has one of the best financial models in the country. 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

SPFL rules are that if Lyness does get injured that would leave us without a fit 'keeper aged over 25, so therefore an emergency loan would be allowed by Hampden.  Safe to assume it'd be the 'keeper we had lined up earlier this week if that were to happen ....

Edited by Niall Russell