The New Raith Rovers Thread

I've been as guilty as anyone in the past of wanting managers out, but there comes a point when we are going to have to give somebody time to get it right - and that may mean letting them get some things wrong and learn from it, with some short term pain. Otherwise we will become known as a club who fires managers if they don't get it right within six months. Keeping in mind that one thing the club have been heavily criticised for is short term thinking. Ian Mccall hardly did great at Ayr for a few years, but he's reaping the rewards now. They could have easily given him the boot when they went down. 

McGlynn has been incredibly frustrating at times, no doubt about it, but he's going to get the summer whether folk on here like that of not. It's obvious he's unhappy with alot of what he sees right now so let's see how he gets on building the squad again. I dare say we will see a clear out of sorts in the summer anyway. 

For what it's worth Lennon was my choice. But I don't see how we could afford him. The club is absolutely skint, and we're still paying Smith after he left. That's before you factor in any compensation due to Clyde as well as offering a salary and contract lucrative enough to lure him from a pretty secure job. Also that's assuming he wanted it. We are at the bottom end of full time football by a mile in this country, I dont know if this job is as lucrative as some think. 

There comes a point where we need to invest faith in a manager to get things right, otherwise we will be in this same position every time things take a bad turn. 

27 minutes ago, grumswall said:

So what is Lennon doing? You've championed him in the past I think?

I spent this afternoon at a 4 year old's birthday party and I genuinely got more maturity out of the children than you have shown tonight.

As wardy has said, you should step away for the night.

Why so the fanboys can get off lightly! Don't fucking think so.

Just now, CALDERON said:

I've been as guilty as anyone in the past of wanting managers out, but there comes a point when we are going to have to give somebody time to get it right - and that may mean letting them get some things wrong and learn from it, with some short term pain. Otherwise we will become known as a club who fires managers if they don't get it right within six months. Keeping in mind that one thing the club have been heavily criticised for is short term thinking. Ian Mccall hardly did great at Ayr for a few years, but he's reaping the rewards now. They could have easily given him the boot when they went down. 

McGlynn has been incredibly frustrating at times, no doubt about it, but he's going to get the summer whether folk on here like that of not. It's obvious he's unhappy with alot of what he sees right now so let's see how he gets on building the squad again. I dare say we will see a clear out of sorts in the summer anyway. 

For what it's worth Lennon was my choice. But I don't see how we could afford him. The club is absolutely skint, and we're still paying Smith after he left. That's before you factor in any compensation due to Clyde as well as offering a salary and contract lucrative enough to lure him from a pretty secure job. Also that's assuming he wanted it. We are at the bottom end of full time football by a mile in this country, I dont know if this job is as lucrative as some think. 

There comes a point where we need to invest faith in a manager to get things right, otherwise we will be in this same position every time things take a bad turn. 

That s a long time spent on an excuse to give that has been another  go . Nice try though!

Just now, foreverarover said:

So on listening to the after match interview/love in. He states we are not good enough at the back. We'll friigin ask why he did not make any acknowledgement of this in the transfer window, and done he haw about it. It's that simple.

That's something that McGlynn can't be defended on to be fair. 

That's something that McGlynn can't be defended on to be fair. 
On the face of it, no.

We could have theoretically signed a couple of defenders who have went elsewhere in this division. But where we as a club or was mcglynn offered them when they have become available and we had the funds? If what he was offered wasn't in his estimation any better than we do have, then it would be a waste of a wage.

29 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

So on listening to the after match interview/love in. He states we are not good enough at the back. We'll friigin ask why he did not make any acknowledgement of this in the transfer window, and done he haw about it. It's that simple.

“love in”. Volunteers staying late and asking the manager for his views on the game, defensive frailties, mentality  and the response.

5 minutes ago, Raithie said:

As a Rovers fan is it wrong of me to be entertained by this thread as of late?

Not at all. 

We're firmly in the "If you didn’t laugh, you'd cry" category at the moment. 

The baldy messiah will sort us out for next season. I'm sure of it. 

22 minutes ago, grumswall said:

On the face of it, no.

We could have theoretically signed a couple of defenders who have went elsewhere in this division. But where we as a club or was mcglynn offered them when they have become available and we had the funds? If what he was offered wasn't in his estimation any better than we do have, then it would be a waste of a wage.

Like Barjonas,looked semi decent on his debut and scored,good second half against a shit Airdrie side,but besides that has given very little.Surely better to give our young players a chance who cant be any worse(if so,time to ditch them)instead of bringing young players from other clubs on loan and wasting whatever its costing us

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Like Barjonas,looked semi decent on his debut and scored,good second half against a shit Airdrie side,but besides that has given very little.Surely better to give our young players a chance who cant be any worse(if so,time to ditch them)instead of bringing young players from other clubs on loan and wasting whatever its costing us
McGlynn favoured loanees over youth during his first spell and gave some absolute dross a lot of games. It's no surprise he's chosen to do the exact same this around.

I just have no faith he's going to be any better next season. The goals conceded today are just embarrassing. Hilson standing free for both. It's pathetic. The reason we have lost this league is down to conceding goals pure and simple. A year ago Ian McCall identified his sides issues, went out and brought in a couple of experienced and hard players and it ultimately worked. McGlynn goes and brings in yet another "can't be arsed I'm too good for this level" Rangers loanee and a young striker who's player about 20 mins of first team football. I've heard folk argue maybe there weren't any defenders or solid midfielders available but there's absolutely no evidence to suggest that. McGlynn has brought in a lot of players, handed new contracts out to players like Powderpuff Flannigan and has generally made some baffling decisions. First priority in a team is make yourself solid at the back. If you don't concede then you can't lose and you always have a chance to nick goals. Instead we are completely open and extremely easy to play against and other teams always know the have a chance.

2 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

McGlynn favoured loanees over youth during his first spell and gave some absolute dross a lot of games. It's no surprise he's chosen to do the exact same this around.

I just have no faith he's going to be any better next season. The goals conceded today are just embarrassing. Hilson standing free for both. It's pathetic. The reason we have lost this league is down to conceding goals pure and simple. A year ago Ian McCall identified his sides issues, went out and brought in a couple of experienced and hard players and it ultimately worked. McGlynn goes and brings in yet another "can't be arsed I'm too good for this level" Rangers loanee and a young striker who's player about 20 mins of first team football. I've heard folk argue maybe there weren't any defenders or solid midfielders available but there's absolutely no evidence to suggest that. McGlynn has brought in a lot of players, handed new contracts out to players like Powderpuff Flannigan and has generally made some baffling decisions. First priority in a team is make yourself solid at the back. If you don't concede then you can't lose and you always have a chance to nick goals. Instead we are completely open and extremely easy to play against and other teams always know the have a chance.

The first goal was due to players standing off Hilson, I'd need to see the video to apportion blame, the second was letting Hilson in at the back post, Murray perhaps to blame for being too far into the 6 yard box.