• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

Alba obviously hoping that will be the day Arbroath clinch the title.

Probably just picked it since we are the top 2

Alba obviously hoping that will be the day Arbroath clinch the title.

11 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

I wish the teuchtars had held their committee meeting to pick their fixtures last week when Forfar were second. 

Edited by Specky Ginger

Two hooligans who damaged a pitch after setting off a smoke bomb at Stark’s Park have been handed one year football banning orders.

The 16-year-olds, who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared in the dock at Kirkcaldy Sheriff Court yesterday.

The duo admitted culpably and recklessly igniting a pyrotechnic device during the clash between the Raith Rovers and Dunfermline Athletic on January 19.

The court was told how large plumes of blue smoke was seen coming from the stands before the device landed on the pitch.

Depute fiscal Kavin Ryan-Hume said a woman and her two young children were forced to move away from the device which “almost hit the roof” before landing on the field.

The cost of the damage to the artificial pitch was said to be £320.

Defence solicitor Alan Davie told the court his client had purchased the smoke bomb online before the match.

He said: “He had gone to the game having purchased a smoke bomb. He bought it online.

“The purpose of doing that was that if Raith Rovers scored, he would throw it onto the park and thought that would be well received by the fans.

“He wanted to add to the drama and the atmosphere. He was somewhat surprised at the reaction of the fans nearby which was somewhat the opposite of what he expected.

“The women and her children were not struck by the smoke bomb but clearly they had some concerns.

“When he became aware that the police were looking to speak to him, he effectively arranged to bring the matter to a head.

“Since this matter came to court, his behaviour has been fairly mature in my dealings with him.

“He seems to genuinely regret his behaviour and understands the risks that there could have been if this had gone wrong.”

Asked if his client was a Raith Rovers fan, Mr Davie added: “They would be described as his wee team. He goes to games quite regularly.”

Defence solicitor Scott McKenzie, acting for the co-accused, said his client, who is a first offender, has since sold his Raith Rovers season ticket.

He urged the sheriff not to impose a football ban due to his client’s young age and lack of offending history but said the teen would be able to pay a fine and compensation.

Sheriff James Williamson said: “You are both young men who regularly attend football matches so it will have been brought to your attention that pyrotechnics are prohibited.

“They prohibited for public safety and we have had information that a woman and her children had to move as a result of your actions.”

He fined both teenagers £200 each and ordered them both to pay £160 compensation to Raith Rovers.

Bill Clark, chairman of Raith Rovers, said: “The club are satisfied with this outcome, and the issuing of banning orders to those concerned.

“In light of recent incidents at football matches in the UK we hope that this will act as a deterrent to anyone considering such behaviour in the future”

The punishment handed down won't be much of a deterrent. 

What punishment would have sufficed?

16 minutes ago, Raithie said:

What punishment would have sufficed?

Bigger fine or even unpaid work at the club.  The courts are far too soft in this country. 

Bigger fine or even unpaid work at the club.  The courts are far too soft in this country. 

Brexit means Brexit.

8 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:
28 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

And the award for Least Surprising Opinion goes to...

We should just have got you and Hank to sort them out. 

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I'd have given them a hug, and a free iPod.

Better of sending them to Kirkcaldy Cricket Club.

the device which “almost hit the roof” before landing on the field.

4 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I'd have given them a hug, and a free iPod.

Hank would have shat himself and hid.

3 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Asked if his client was a Raith Rovers fan, Mr Davie added: “They would be described as his wee team. He goes to games quite regularly.”

Are Dunfermline fans asleep? This is an open goal.

Are Dunfermline fans asleep? This is an open goal.
I'm choosing to blaze it over the bar this time, in pity.

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

Seems a reasonably pragmatic outcome and the Rovers recovering the costs. 

I wonder who their big team is?

That is the kind of hard-hitting question we all want to know. That journo needs a kick in the studs. Maybe they are saving it for the in-depth interview .

Wee Ned - “I just wanted to add to the drama and atmosphere! No pyro no party! I’ll also reveal who my big team is and what i’m painting on my next bedsheet.”

I seem to remember a lot of folk on here saying, “make them pay for it” after it happened. That exactly what’s happened, plus a ban. It cannae be just me who thinks the the punishment is exactly proportionate to the crime?

Make them to unpaid work at the stadium a particularly stupid suggestion. Aye, because the ground staff want absolutely fucking nothing more than babysitting two wee fannies who don’t want to be there for an extended period of time.