The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Would keep Thomson, Nat, Dingwall, Vaughan, Nisbet, Matthews and the likes of mckay, watson etc bene is one I'm on the fence with. we are needing a clear out.

No point keeping Matthews and the young benchwarmers unless you’re sacking McGlynn.

22 minutes ago, grumswall said:
25 minutes ago, Frank conner said:
I'd hope the board are telling him make the playoffs or your gone.

What difference would that make? Smith was told get us promoted last season and was given another crack at it when he inevitably fucked it up.

If he can't even get this team into the playoffs I wouldn't even entertain giving him another season. 

On 9/24/2018 at 22:05, Ro Sham Bo said:

April 2019 ;)

On 9/24/2018 at 22:11, CALDERON said:

I fucking love John Mcglynn 

On 9/24/2018 at 22:38, ListerRRFC said:

Premiership title will be in the bag within five years.

John McGlynn, what a beautiful specimen. emoji7.png

On 9/25/2018 at 10:52, Wardy said:

Yes!!!!!!

7175EF71-F9D1-4FE3-B881-7827EC25C765.jpeg

Wardy Wardy give us a wave....:thumsup2

The team are a bunch oh Sh##e bags no bottle or fight , Arbroath done nothing today and still had every Rovers player in there back pocket I’m not a fan of Dick Campbell but his tactics were spot on today. So so disappointed with yet another couldn’t careless performance the rate we are going we aren’t going to be in the play offs and a special mention to Benny you clown what an idiotic challenge to put in near the end the league is lost but to be stretched off due to that challenge 

Edited by basher brash

No point keeping Matthews and the young benchwarmers unless you’re sacking McGlynn.
Matthews should be starting ahead of Gillespie just now. It does seem strange that a guy that made his name coaching youth players isn't willing to give them game time unless your a loan player. Matthews isn't really a youth anymore either. Bound to have played close to 100 first team games for us by now.

Bene really showed today why he shouldn't be captain. Going in to a tackle to hurt a player and then gets stretchered off through his own ineptitude. Great leadership there.

So many duds out there today - Davidson, Flanagan, Barjonas, Buchanan, McGuffie.

Why McGlynn chose to play Dingwall wide left only he knows.

There was not one single driving run from midfield this afternoon, not one. But there could have been if Dingwall had been playing centre mid, the position occupied by Barjonas.

Instead it was passing from side to side to side with not a single shot at goal that I can remember.

Mind numbingly predictable and so easy to defend against.

5 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Ross Matthews has shown absolutely nothing, this season or last, to suggest he's good enough to play at this level.

Matthews gets a bit of a free ride as he's a youth academy graduate who bodied Scott Brown on his first start. We've got four centre midfielders with none of them looking tremendously creative. Wedderburn is the only one who seems to have any degree of consistency. Not that it helps when our defence has looked hugely unsettled for a full calendar year. 

Barjonas is surely the biggest sham of a footballer to played for us this year? Up there with the former rangers players like Barrie mckay and Jordan Thomson, an absolute pea heart. He’s clearly a good player but f**k me what a shitebag

Interested to see who people would pick to stay in the team for next season. (If contracts weren’t an issue).

Only players I’d want back is:
Bene, McKay, Gills, Wedderburn, Dingwall, Vaughan and Nisbet.

(Matthews and Muz just *maybe* bench players, Not seen enough of Lyness to call.)

Dunno if I’m being too soft keeping all these though
Wedderburn is horse shit. Spends most of his time pointing at opposition players for others to mark as he is too fucking slow to keep up with the guy he is supposed to cover.

People have to be asking questions of mcgylnn now surely? I’m all for giving him the benefit of the doubt after what he’s done for us before but he has got to be doing better than this, lose to Montrose next week and it’s full on panic stations for not making the play offs

7 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
1 hour ago, Frank conner said:
I'd hope the board are telling him make the playoffs or your gone.

Sorry but if they don't finish in second place,he should be gone also.

According to a couple of the fan boys we should just give up because the club doesn't matter it's all about one man. No it's the CLUB that matters.