• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

18 minutes ago, AlloaAdam said:

Has crane really been that bad for you guys? Was excellent for us last year, would have had him again in a heartbeat.

He's been the definition of average. Looks like a decent enough league 1 player, no more.

However he may have been "Rovered". 

It’s the folk that say ‘where are these fans every week’ surely people should know by now big games attract big crowds. People are happy to make a day of it for the big games. I for one am always chuffed when we get the big crowds and can’t wait for the next one. But fully agree with the lads making the noise, makes a massive difference.

Apart from the goals they scored and subs I hardly heard a peep from the Hibs fans, pretty shocking. Took till they were 3-0 up for the boy with the drum top right at the furthest away stand to us to pipe up. (Still never heard any fans, just the drum) Embarrassing for them.

Not really embarrassing at all though is it?If you were playing a team from two divisions below you I doubt the atmosphere would be raucous.

It’s the folk that say ‘where are these fans every week’ surely people should know by now big games attract big crowds. People are happy to make a day of it for the big games. I for one am always chuffed when we get the big crowds and can’t wait for the next one. But fully agree with the lads making the noise, makes a massive difference.

Apart from the goals they scored and subs I hardly heard a peep from the Hibs fans, pretty shocking. Took till they were 3-0 up for the boy with the drum top right at the furthest away stand to us to pipe up. (Still never heard any fans, just the drum) Embarrassing for them.

If even half of the "fans" that turned up to the pars game every second week that don't normally, we would have 2000 home fans? Imagine what that small difference could do for the clubs funds (I could be wrong, but I think we got roughly that the last time we escaped from the seaside)

The young guys have been great the past few games, long may it continue. Without the flares of course.

The hibs support was poor on Saturday but, Scotland were playing along the road, they don't have a manager and they were playing a game against a team from 2 leagues down. Big game for us, not so much them in the grand scheme of things. Still a great day out for us at a stadium we've enjoyed so many games in.

For comparison, the attendance at the Hearts game - on a Sunday against a Junior side - was a kick in the arse off 15,000. Ticket prices were:

Adult: £15
Student/Over 65/Under 18/ESA : £10
Under 16: £5

Edited by Scary Bear

22 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Noticed quite a few folk upset saying they'll only be there for the big games, but that superfan attitude is fucking dire. They were the same against Forfar. I'd be delighted if they came and caused a racket every week tbh.

Seen many people saying they should get season tickets, they have been season ticket holders for many years, they have just begun sitting with each other recently. It's maybe a coincidence that McGylnn asked for a better home atmosphere?

7 minutes ago, Easy Days for Raith said:

Seen many people saying they should get season tickets, they have been season ticket holders for many years, they have just begun sitting with each other recently. It's maybe a coincidence that McGylnn asked for a better home atmosphere?

I agree that they have done well in acting upon McGlynn's request, is there an area that they are welcome to stand or have they already got one? I feel as though it would be good for us all to get behind the lads as they are -after all - the future of our support.

The back of the South Stand certainly always used to be an unofficial standing/singing area.

Jesus. Unsure what's more ridiculous;
-No cash gate on Saturday.
-Expecting a big home crowd on Saturday.
-Using 'title challenge' in the article

I am finding it hard to envisage what technical issues could possibly exist that prevent the turnstile operators pressing the entry pedal because a supporter is handing over cash yet everything works fine when a supporter is handing over a ticket?

16 minutes ago, Daysgoneby said:

I am finding it hard to envisage what technical issues could possibly exist that prevent the turnstile operators pressing the entry pedal because a supporter is handing over cash yet everything works fine when a supporter is handing over a ticket?

Maybe they will go over it in training this week? 

The office will add season ticket holders together with tickets sold - you know how many tickets you’ve sold and the office stops selling if they hit too many.

Turnstile operators manually clicking in theory could easily end up with too many in the stand, as happened against Alloa. That’s a serious problem.

This, obviously, ignores the fact there’ll be around 3000 empty seats in the home end.

1 hour ago, Frank conner said:

Just get Davo to count folk in .

Asking Davo to track people hasn't really worked out for us....