The New Raith Rovers Thread

19 hours ago, Daysgoneby said:

With apologies to all the ‘snowflakes’ on here, who cream their panties with the ludicrous suggestion that it might hand the opposition an advantage, when facts show the opposite and being deluded enough to believe that anyone with half a brain would take seriously anything said on this rag.

After watching a bit of training today, McGlynn is unbelievably sticking with the same back fouremoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png (so from his downbeat post match interview last Saturday, he worryingly still hasn’t come up with the answeremoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png). Playing a 4-3-3 that can become 4-5-1 with Wedderburn, Gillespie & Barjonas in the middle and up front Dingwall & Flanagan either side of Nisbet.

Of course he could have a Plan B up his sleeveemoji1.png

Not sure how believing that the opposition would gain an advantage from knowing our team in advance is a ludicrous suggestion.

Would also love to hear the facts which show that the opposition knowing our team is actually an advantage to us (the opposite of giving the opposition an advantage surely?)

McGlynn in his pre-match interview when talking about the Hibs team mentions that he doesn't know if certain players would be playing, or if they are playing then whether they'll play in defence or mid-filed.

Surely if he knew this then he'd be able to better prepare his own team?

Maybe the opposition never see these posts, maybe even if they do, they gain no advantage from them.

But even if you don't think the opposition will gain anything from you leaking the team, surely it's better to keep it to yourself just on the off-chance that it does?  Or is appearing 'in-the-know' far too much of an ego-boost for you to stay quiet?

Edited by stevoraith

Of course he's going to stick with the same back four.  McGlynn likes experience over youth. When you see the players at the gym Bene and Davidson are never away from each other, McKay trains with the other youth players in the gym.

Anyone go to watch the reserves play? How has McKay been playing? The results don’t suggest he is knocking down the door for a first team place but I obviously don’t know what standard the rest of the back 4 or team are. He may still be standing out. 

Aye, McGlynn made the decision to concede the match so we can concentrate on reaching the playoffs. 
Do you actually think before you type? 

We’ve conceded both, I was at the game. Hibs didn’t need to get out of second gear. We were blowing out of our arses. Yea I do think. Progressives like yourself are happy to clap to abject pish.

We’ve conceded both, I was at the game. Hibs didn’t need to get out of second gear. We were blowing out of our arses. Yea I do think. Progressives like yourself are happy to clap to abject pish.

I think there’s definitely a large expanse of middle ground between clapping a poor performance and agreeing with your comments.

I think there’s definitely a large expanse of middle ground between clapping a poor performance and agreeing with your comments.

You again, I seriously need you to press the ignore button. Bask in the happiness of poor performances. The fans heard the clarion call. The team failed yet again to deliver. I don’t mind if we play well and lose. But to lose as meekly as that is unacceptable. You accept your greenies because it’s acceptable to disregard anyone that wants us to attempt to win. We have a poor squad, not a team

Just now, baillieinleeds said:

You again, I seriously need you to press the ignore button. Bask in the happiness of poor performances. The fans heard the clarion call. The team failed yet again to deliver. I don’t mind if we play well and lose. But to lose as meekly as that is unacceptable. You accept your greenies because it’s acceptable to disregard anyone that wants us to attempt to win. We have a poor squad, not a team

Totally agree once again weak as piss.You have to laugh at Dunfermline fans comments about Wedderburn my 89 year old gran has more strength. 

No clapping from myself, I thought we were terrible. I also think you’re a slaver.

19 minutes ago, grumswall said:

We were pish today and hibs didn't need to get out of second gear. Nat really does split opinions. Imo he's a good asset to us. Gillespie was poor today but isn't getting stick while Nat was probably one of our better players and is?

They're much of a muchness.  Nat has more good games than bad games but he never really seems to have any outstanding games. Gillespie gets away with a lot, but then will put in performances which will make you remember how he's spent so much of his career at a higher level than this. We were really pedestrian at times today. Our players looked scared to play any passes forward, always opting for sideway passes which would retain possession. We really missed someone like Ross Callachan, who'd happily tear about the pitch for 90 minutes throwing himself into tackles trying to win the ball. 

Still, at least we got our second goal of the season from a corner. Hopefully we'll see Lyness and  maybe McGuffie in the team from next week. Flanagan has been rank since his signed his new deal and was generally ineffective today (though he did get an assist).