The New Raith Rovers Thread

It’s the teams mentality that isn’t right mixed in the Barry Smith inability to recruit properly in the summer , come on signing one winger and not even having a seasoned full back . At least Mcglynn spotted that hence recruiting Crane and wanting 3 wingers on the books but having said that we have been really unlucky with injuries not like Arbroath who mostly have been able to field the same team week in week out

We've also had injuries and suspensions and team has changed alot over course of the season. Changes week to week a lot now especially in forward and wide areas.

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We've also had injuries and suspensions and team has changed alot over course of the season. Changes week to week a lot now especially in forward and wide areas.

For the 100 time we had 6 first team players missing from the team for roughly the first 6 weeks of the season , Lewis Vaughan just started back at home to a week before the home game against   Arbroath then he’s was out for another 6 weeks . We lost Crane for 5 weeks. We have just lost the leagues top goal scorer for at least 4 weeks . You have had a settled team all season apart from the odd player missing how would Arbroath cope with Linn, Swankie , O’Brien out for 8-12 weeks because that’s what the Rovers have had to cope with. I don’t make excuses regarding injuries because all teams suffer from injuries at some point however if you have lost your 4 best players to 8-12 week injuries this has got to have an impact on results performances.

Edited by basher brash

For the 100 time we had 6 first team players missing from the team for roughly the first 6 weeks of the season , Lewis Vaughan just started back at home to a week before the home game against   Arbroath then he’s was out for another 6 weeks . We lost Crane for 5 weeks. We have just lost the leagues top goal scorer for at least 4 weeks . You have had a settled team all season apart from the odd player missing how would Arbroath cope with Linn, Swankie , O’Brien out for 8-12 weeks because that’s what the Rovers have had to cope with. I don’t make excuses regarding injuries because all teams suffer from injuries at some point however if you have lost your 4 best players to 8-12 week injuries this has got to have an impact on results performances.

Who's missed 8-12 weeks apart from Vaughan?

We had Doris missing a whole season!

Had injuries to ToB/Whatley our captain who's now fell out of the team/Swankie and Callum Smith barely played when he was here due to injury

You lads heard any more about Lewis Milne being released?

Nothing, but I’d be delighted if he was. Physically weak & mentally weak, cannot believe he’s got anywhere near this level. I’ve said this before when critiquing him, my 4 year old daughter (who’s only just started football kickers on a Saturday morning) would win a 50/50 between the 2 of them. Never have I ever seen a footballer shite it as much as he has.

35 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Who's missed 8-12 weeks apart from Vaughan?

We had Doris missing a whole season!

Had injuries to ToB/Whatley our captain who's now fell out of the team/Swankie and Callum Smith barely played when he was here due to injury

Kieran Wright missed 10 and Raegan Hendry missed 9.  

Here's some info from my post in the Smokies v Raith thread on 23rd Dec.

"Consecutive games: Grant Gillespie missed 7 , Chris Duggan 7 games, Lewis Vaughan 8 games Kieran Wright  10 games, all were missing from 20th Oct to 24th Nov a spell that saw us lose at both Forfar and East Fife, The Forfar game was Raegan Hendry's last game and he's been out for 8 now and not expected to return until late January. (loan now expired)

All smoke blowing aside lets be brutally honest here, comparatively speaking Dick has had it good so far selection wise, no ToB yesterday or last week and the cracks are starting to show. (and much improved now he's back I take it?) "

You can't take away from Arbroath's form, and they're worthy leaders with utterly ridiculous consistency (which we lack) but our injury picture has been completely different to them. Even if we'd had the players all fully fit, we've not got a right back and still have Davidson acting a bombscare whereas Arbroath have an excellent defence, and a midfield who get the job done against pretty much every team other than us. 

9 hours ago, grumswall said:
23 hours ago, Steakngravys Maw said:
What do you expect from a Dunfermline supporter? Davo has had his day. Time to let go.

Davos a celtic fan

Nu uh. Staunch Townie. Always has been. Just hides it very well (for obvious reasons)

7 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

You can't take away from Arbroath's form, and they're worthy leaders with utterly ridiculous consistency (which we lack) but our injury picture has been completely different to them. Even if we'd had the players all fully fit, we've not got a right back and still have Davidson acting a bombscare whereas Arbroath have an excellent defence, and a midfield who get the job done against pretty much every team other than us. 

Bombscare got passmarks from McGlynn on Saturday night so he'll be in his usual place for the pars game. It's amazing how blind he can be at times.

39 minutes ago, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

Apparently signing a goal keeper according to Matty Elder. Played both sides of the border should be about lunch time if all is well

I’d imagine it’ll just be some jobber back up goalkeeper. My guess would be someone like Leo Fasan from Falkirk. Hopefully it’s someone on a permanent deal to the end of the season to free up a couple of loans. 

Alan Martin at QoS a bit unsettled, any chance it's him?
Is he? The last few weeks he's played some of the best football in his time with us. Our back-up is still pretty young and hasn't had a sniff in months. We aren't going to release a contracted goalkeeper for free or without a suitable replacement so I'd be astounded if it was him.