The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hi - just on to ask about the boy Armstrong. Taught him about 6 years ago and was his form tutor (it won’t surprise you that he had feck all interest in Maths). Nice guy and stood out in anything I saw him play in.
Presume he’s doing well for Raith?
It does surprise me he had no interest in maths. He keeps adding goals for us every week. Your obviously not that bad a tutor.

From what mcglynn said post match, Armstrongs demands have been met, so it is dissapointing and perhaps unlikely he will sign a new deal. I live in hope though, he has been a fantastic signing and would love to see him in what should be, a stronger squad after January.

Wonder if we’re in for him. Would be a decent addition if he produces free kicks like the one today on a regular basis.

2 hours ago, basher brash said:

Listened to Ian Campbell’s post match interview an absolute disgrace ! We (Raith Rovers ) have been mouthing off about how good we are really, You would think Arbroath had one the league they way they have carried on and as per usual slagging off the officials why ? because you lost

:lol:

Wonder if we’re in for him. Would be a decent addition if he produces free kicks like the one today on a regular basis.

It was a fluke. Would probably just get in shankland's way in all honesty.

Think I seen he was from Ayr? Could be a good sign for you. Would give me another reason to hate mccall! [emoji23]

It was a fluke. Would probably just get in shankland's way in all honesty.  

Think I seen he was from Ayr? Could be a good sign for you. Would give me another reason to hate mccall! [emoji23]

Yeah a couple of guys that I know that go to Ayr games knew him before he went down to Wolves. We apparently tried to get him last season at the same time Ruddy came up from Wolves but they wanted him playing at a higher level.

McCall is surely favoured amongst the Raith supporters compared to Dick Campbell?

53 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Hi - just on to ask about the boy Armstrong. Taught him about 6 years ago and was his form tutor (it won’t surprise you that he had feck all interest in Maths). Nice guy and stood out in anything I saw him play in.

Presume he’s doing well for Raith?

Please tell me you taught him to sign contract extensions. Armstrong has been an incredible signing given nobody really gave him a chance. Played a couple of bounce games and McGlynn gave him an opportunity and it's added a new dimension to our attack. I get that he'll want to play at the highest level possible, but it's really a case of weighing up playing 6 more months as a key player, to starting at a new club and having to earn a place. I'd be disappointed if he goes based on what McGlynn's said, but then there'll be an element of putting pressure on him and his agent. 

Fwiw, our best winger last season was probably Zanatta who blew hot and cold at times. He seems to be doing well enough having moved more to a forward role. Armstrong would be a very good player at Championship level imo. Bags of technical ability and pace. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

3 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Please tell me you taught him to sign contract extensions. Armstrong has been an incredible signing given nobody really gave him a chance. Played a couple of bounce games and McGlynn gave him an opportunity and it's added a new dimension to our attack. I get that he'll want to play at the highest level possible, but it's really a case of weighing up playing 6 more months as a key player, to starting at a new club and having to earn a place. I'd be disappointed if he goes based on what McGlynn's said, but then there'll be an element of putting pressure on him and his agent. 

Fwiw, our best winger last season was probably Zanatta who blew hot and cold at times. He seems to be doing well enough having moved more to a forward role. Armstrong would be a very good player at Championship level imo. Bags of technical ability and pace. 

You have to credit John McGlynn with great vision in this respect, in his first game which was against Queens Park the lad was honking, there has been some change since then.

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:
3 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:
You have to credit John McGlynn with great vision in this respect, in his first game which was against Queens Park the lad was honking, there has been some change since then.

Played against East Fife first Zen. Even against Queens Park he had a really good game iirc.

He played as a trialist for the reserves against QP at lesser Hampden, not the cup game.

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
14 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:
He played as a trialist for the reserves against QP at lesser Hampden, not the cup game.

I didn't realise that! Fair play as you say. I bow down to your knowledge of our reserves!*

He got his arse into gear in the follow up game at SP against Airdrie, he was bursting to impress and did everything but score, this was probably the epiphany that McGlynn had in his abilities.

*Really ripping the arse out of it now.

He got his arse into gear in the follow up game at SP against Airdrie, he was bursting to impress and did everything but score, this was probably the epiphany that McGlynn had in his abilities.

Careful, you'll be accused of being a member of the mcglynn family at this rate. I'm not sure why that's a bad thing but hey oh...

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
10 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Careful, you'll be accused of being a member of the mcglynn family at this rate. I'm not sure why that's a bad thing but hey oh...

I am currently in the first trimester of carrying his b*****d child if this counts.

Yeah a couple of guys that I know that go to Ayr games knew him before he went down to Wolves. We apparently tried to get him last season at the same time Ruddy came up from Wolves but they wanted him playing at a higher level.

McCall is surely favoured amongst the Raith supporters compared to Dick Campbell?
Can't speak for any other rovers fan but iv had a strong dislike for him since he was at Partick. I also kinda like dick (insert standard meme) having been under his tutoridge for a while.

Nah I quite like Dick him, we had him speaking at a 200 club sportsman dinner and he was brilliant. He climbed out of his sickbed that day to be there too.

Must admit I also enjoy the ranting, raving and bunnet stomping side too though, pantomime villain extraordinaire, when all is said and done he's just a Dick and so is Ian.;)

Nah I quite like Dick him, we had him speaking at a 200 club sportsman dinner and he was brilliant. He climbed out of his sickbed that day to be there too.
Must admit I also enjoy the ranting, raving and bunnet stomping side too though, pantomime villain extraordinaire, when all is said and done he's just a Dick and so is Ian.[emoji6]

Ian Campbell was my PE teacher at KHS back in the day. He also had hair haha