• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Sheevedaw said:

His performance last weekend reminded me of the time he bodied Scott Brown in that cup game.

Candidate for Captain one day. I hope he stays for quite some time.

Good laddie.

He's a different player when he's played in the middle consistently.  Managers trying to shoehorn him in as a winger has never been an answer. It's easy to forget at times that he's only 22.

He's a different player when he's played in the middle consistently.  Managers trying to shoehorn him in as a winger has never been an answer. It's easy to forget at times that he's only 22.
How long has he been with us? Am I right in thinking he was in the youth setup with Lewis and Ross C?

28 minutes ago, Sheevedaw said:
33 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

How long has he been with us? Am I right in thinking he was in the youth setup with Lewis and Ross C?

Yes. Made his debut in season 2013-14,  when Paul Smith was with us before and Grant Murray was manager. First start in the Cup tie at Celtic Park in 2015-16 under Raymond.

Edited by Niall Russell

Where's this benefit from full time football? Title gone and  completely out fought today and looked the poorer of the two sides by a decent bit.  

Our away form has been shambolic again this season. Out of the title race by December.

We are actually regressing under McGlynn. It's farcical.

I feel at a bit of a low ebb after that result. 

For us, the play-offs are just another dollop of pain at the end of a failed season. 

All I want for Christmas is for Arbroath to implode.

Mind the League One winning season - How far behind Ayr were we when they beat us and there were about 9 games left? Clinging onto the faint hope we hit a run of form, coupled with an Arbroath collapse.

There's 20 games to go, trying to keep the faith!

5 minutes ago, Sweaty Morph said:

Mind the League One winning season - How far behind Ayr were we when they beat us and there were about 9 games left? Clinging onto the faint hope we hit a run of form, coupled with an Arbroath collapse.

There's 20 games to go, trying to keep the faith!

3 points. 

There’s no way we’re clawing back 13 points. For all the gloating from other teams, Arbroath have to be commended for their team spirit and ability to keep winning, something we can only dream of. Injuries haven’t helped. But we simply can’t lay the blame of the poor performances on that. This team train all week. P/T teams are lucky if they train 4 hours a week and do their day jobs too. We have to now concentrate on the play offs and see if we have the mental toughness to get through them.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Was Smiths record than McGlynn when he left?

Smith was earning more points per game than McGlynn. Not that he would've got us promoted either.

I await the seethe

No seethe from us. We are where we are and that’s the bottom line.

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Where's this benefit from full time football? 

I’ve been saying this to a pal recently at games, where Raith Rovers are just now,  I don’t think they see the benefit as they are (no disrespect intended) one of the worst full time teams in the country, in theory probably have one of the worst squads of full time players. 

Arbroath in my opinion should always strive to be the best part time team in the county and if they are, that’s where I see our natural place in the pecking order, anything beyond that is exactly that, a bit beyond us. 

Comparing the two, I’d argue a squad of the best part time players are likely to be better than the worst full time ones, the only benefit being that they should be better drilled at set pieces, given they train more, I don’t think fitness comes into it much as we only really play once a week and part time players will be just as fit as full time ones. 

We have been ahead in all 3 of our away defeats and lost the winning goal in the last 10 minutes. We’re just not solid enough at the back. You never get the feeling when we get our noses in front that we will see it out.

We have actually been in front in every single away game this season and have only won 3 out of 8. That’s not acceptable.

I’ve said before, the hallmark of McGlynns teams previously were solid defence, hard work and unbelievable fitness. However, at the moment we look frail at the back and seem to lose as many late goals as we score. There doesn’t appear to be any obvious fitness advantage over other teams.

Hopefully he’s given the funds to perhaps move on a couple of players and bring in a few to really put his stamp on the team for the second half of the season. Only one McGlynn signing playing today and he scored and has been our best player the last few weeks.