The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think Arbroath are doing better points wise than yourselves at this stage last season. 
Even if Arbroath were to drop points, which they aren't, it really can't be underestimated just how bad we are away from home. 

Ayr after 16 games - 37 points
Arbroath after 16 games - 42 points

So yeah doing better right enough and we were full time.

I've said it for the past year that we have too many in the team who think they are better than that are and two of the worst are Davo and Bene. They believe they are superstars who should be playing at the top of the championship. There is also the attitude and it's become far too obvious that most of the squad think they're far better than most of the players in this league and just need to turn up. At home that can get away with it but away you can't and it's been shown for the past 16 months in this league.

I honestly don't know what the answer is. We really only have 3 players who can or will play central defence just now and the best one is sitting on their bench. We have no proper right back and a carthorse in midfield. Arbroath are mile ahead of us in terms of fitness and attitude and that's what really should hurt the players. Sadly I don't think most of them give a damn.

Just read some of the stuff spouted on fantalk. Makes me seem tame. The sentiment is also true though. We have a disgusting attitude problem, the team in the loosest terms think they are better than everybody else in the league and think they should merely turn up. Again we play half a game. Lose again from a winning position away from home. I don’t know what gets said at half time. But by god it was a completely different mindset. Bossed all over the park by Montrose dear god.

3 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

If we just drop the billy big baws attitude we might make a fist of it. But heho 45 minutes is all it takes for this lot.

Have you tried blaming the commercial manager's dog?  Things picked up for us once we started that. 

Have you tried blaming the commercial manager's dog?  Things picked up for us once we started that. 

We’ve never looked back since

If only it wasn’t for a goal post at Starks Park we wouldn’t be here right now.

The basic point is fair enough I guess. I appreciate its not a silver bullet, but if you are full time and don't have a core squad that are much better than the other sides going for promotion and don't see much fitness or organisational benefits then I'm not entirely sure what the point is. 

Last time we won the league we won alot of points late on in games due to fitness levels. Most points we have lost this season have been lost late on and some of our defending away from home is awful.  

Mcglynn will improve the squad in January I'm sure but the damage has been done. Can't afford to drop points like yesterday on a consistent basis and expect to be anywhere near a league title. 

Edited by CALDERON