The New Raith Rovers Thread

45 minutes ago, Daysgoneby said:

Raith played some really good stuff today, passed the ball on the deck and used the wide pitch with Flanagan & Armstrong to good effect. Bene and Davo were brilliant at the back, covering well for frailties at both full back positions. Matthews after getting caught once on the ball early, totally bossed the game and won every tackle and second ball, plus did all big Nat’s running for him!!! But my man of the match was Buchanan whose movement off the ball into space and link up play created so much for the team.

Armstrong definitely shows the benefit of playing a natural wide player on the right and hopefully he is signed up along with Flanagan beyond January. But what is it with the Raith Media guys and Matt Elder and their love affair with Armstrong that they keep wanting to give him all the plaudits, like not for the first time crediting him with the likes of the cross for Buchanan’s goal when he was nowhere near the ball when it was played in. Really makes you wonder what they are actually watching at times and what to believe from them. Some will say aah but they are only volunteers but some actually get paid for itemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

This post reads like you have a wee gripe with the folk mentioned and fancied having a wee passive-aggressive dig. 

1 hour ago, Daysgoneby said:

. But what is it with the Raith Media guys and Matt Elder and their love affair with Armstrong that they keep wanting to give him all the plaudits, like not for the first time crediting him with the likes of the cross for Buchanan’s goal when he was nowhere near the ball when it was played in. Really makes you wonder what they are actually watching at times and what to believe from them. Some will say aah but they are only volunteers but some actually get paid for itemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Your free highlights will be up around midnight, which is exactly the same fee as RaithTV volunteers get for filming and producing them. 

Edited by Roath Raver

Your free highlights will be up around midnight, which is exactly the same fee as RaithTV volunteers get for filming and producing them. 

Your missing my point .... Armstrong is rightly getting praise for all the great things he IS doing, but if people with influence (allegedly!!) who are monitored by other clubs are also giving him the credit for the work of others, then we have less chance of keeping him. Just report the actual facts - simples[emoji1]

4 minutes ago, Daysgoneby said:

Your missing my point .... Armstrong is rightly getting praise for all the great things he IS doing, but if people with influence (allegedly!!) who are monitored by other clubs are also giving him the credit for the work of others, then we have less chance of keeping him. Just report the actual facts - simplesemoji1.png

You said “Some actually get paid for it”. I’m reporting the actual facts that no one took any money for the production of the highlights and they will be available at midnight.

Simples.

Edited by Roath Raver

1 minute ago, Daysgoneby said:

Your missing my point .... Armstrong is rightly getting praise for all the great things he IS doing, but if people with influence (allegedly!!) who are monitored by other clubs are also giving him the credit for the work of others, then we have less chance of keeping him. Just report the actual facts - simplesemoji1.png

I'll have a word with John about keeping his name off the team sheet next week, then no one will ever know that he is playing or how well he is playing.

This way folk can concentrate on our other brilliant players.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Finally we have a derby to look forward to!!! Will actually make money from it as well!!!

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Finally we have a derby to look forward to!!! Will actually make money from it as well!!!

A replay?

58 minutes ago, Robertolichtie said:

Cannae wait to see Raith be pumped by another Fife team.

Maybe we will get pumped by our more illustrious neighbours. Who knows?

However..

The tie is a good opportunity to guage where we are competitively, not to mention it being THE Fife derby and one which will spark a lot of interest, I would imagine - especially for us 'Wee Team' supporters. A wee boost to the coffers and a welcome respite from the shite that is the Seaside League. What's not to be excited about?

I'm buzzing for it to be perfectly honest.