The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

Vaughan is a big loss, links the midfield and attack. Youse should go for Callum Smith on loan, who do a job I reckon

Would take him in a heartbeat.

you mentioned big Nat being a cdm wouldn’t help us as an attaking threat, I disagree having him fit beside Gillespie and a fit Milne would allow them to be more creative.

We are currently missing:

Vaughan, Buchanan and Flanagan as options going forward and if Nesbit is injured for midweek we really are screwed as even the u19 strikers are injured.

Very solid performance against a team who you'd expect to be in the ascendancy against us. there were a lot of solid performances from our point of view. Matthews looked like the player we know he can be, Benedictus looked a lot stronger than last season. The young lads all looked the part, in particular Valentine who didn't look out of place at all in his second game at this level and gave Hearts a lot of problems down the right wing. Gillespie looked utterly inspirational: brilliant at winning the ball, and taking it forward which is something we've sorely missed. 

With that said, Hearts allowed us to move the ball forward in the knowledge they had the pace and ability to get forward. It'll be a different situation when we're up against league teams where they might pack their defence. 

That pitch. The shitty black balls.
That’s still a thing? Did they water it or something last season?

The goal. Yassss!

Cash out at 70. Good call.

The Hearts equaliser at 77 was a peach.

Bene and Matthews penalties. Yikes.

All round, decent enough run out against better quality opponents.

Thomson took a few crosses to be fair also. No worse than the shite we’ve been served since McGurn left...

I might be over critical but I didn’t see him take many crosses where he was pressured. Definitely something we need to work on as I want him to be a total success like his dad.

As a team, I thought we competed well today. If that header (Berry?) had gone in I think we’d have done it. They had quality in Lafferty and Naismith but we managed to compete well.

Really encouraging result today, credit where it’s due to Barry Smith for finally shifting to another system. A shame that it’s not a system we can justifiably play for much of the season but should be remembered for the tougher away matches given how disgraceful our form was on the road last season.

Also, it’s an absolute travesty we won’t have a regular spot for Dave McKay in this team. We finished the match with six Rovers ‘development’ players on the pitch - must be a long time since we were able to say that.

Bene outstanding, Gillespie also looks to be a very good signing. Thomson still very unconvincing.