Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

You forget Wighton was only 17. He was shite for us but you have to question why we got a 17 year old on loan.

Was he not 18?

No idea. Just going on what Ludo was saying. It was 2015 and according to Wiki he was born July ‘97, so aye he had just turned 18.

Aiden Connelly any good? Rumoured to be heading to East End and I know a few of you were hopeful you might get him back.

Where have you heard that he’s rumoured to be heading to East End?

On your thread, the only person to mention him is Grant228 twice and that was only him wanting Connolly.

2 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Where have you heard that he’s rumoured to be heading to East End?

On your thread, the only person to mention him is Grant228 twice and that was only him wanting Connolly.

There's a thread on .net, which has probably gotten there through someone seing his twitter. It's just a plausible rumour. 

20 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

There's a thread on .net, which has probably gotten there through someone seing his twitter. It's just a plausible rumour. 

Aidan Connolly has tweeted once in the last 6 weeks and that was to congratulate the Longridge brothers on signing for Dunfermline and that was more than 2 weeks ago. I would have thought that he'd be more likely to be Morton bound but you never know.

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Aiden Connelly any good? Rumoured to be heading to East End and I know a few of you were hopeful you might get him back.

Good player and a player that could help to keep you in the championship another season

Wighton? Who cares.

Irrespective of what eventually happens I’m not convinced the FFP decision to name players who we are in talks with was the most prudent course of action. You only have to go back a few years to the Paul McManus debacle to realise that. I’d admit the names mentioned nearly had me reaching for my wallet to buy my season ticket but I fear most if not all will be offered better deals elsewhere. I genuinely feel for Barry in that the club don’t appear to have the funds to compete for the players we ideally want and may have to settle for second best. We do already have the nucleus of a team capable of challenging for promotion and maybe keeping quiet over our targets and waiting until they appear in a Rovers jersey would be a better course of action.

Might have been the boards idea to release name in order to try shift some season tickets

A lot of our boards decisions down the years haven’t been the brightest right enough.

This has caused much of the dissent from the fans. If the bean counters are tightening budgets, why should the fans pay out for the expected pap served up by hoofball Barry F Smith and co

Dumbarton rumoured to be signing Loy tomorrow

Ach well, didn’t think he would come to us anyway. That’s just Pie in the sky

45 minutes ago, tigger said:

Dumbarton rumoured to be signing Loy tomorrow

Think that's more hopeful rumours than anything else to be honest. He'll get a Queen of the South/Morton sized club pretty comfortably I reckon.

On looking at the fixtures I can make 14 home matches without taking days off. I'd consider a season ticket but are we still assuming it's £15 entry still ? When are the club going to confirm walk up prices for this season.

In these days of little cheer down Stark's Park way I'm delighted to say the over 50s walking team won the annual Stenhousemuir competition this afternoon, defeating Clyde FC 2-0 in the final after finishing 2nd in the group. 12 teams entered inc. Hearts, Montrose, Stenny, Ayr Utd, Gala Fairydean, Dundee Utd and others. Worthy, if knackered, champs.

Think that's more hopeful rumours than anything else to be honest. He'll get a Queen of the South/Morton sized club pretty comfortably I reckon.

Not so sure. Stinking in championship last year, not anywhere near good enough for Prem team, 30.... part time probably right for him now and L1 probably his level

Might have been the boards idea to release name in order to try shift some season tickets

Did it work?

Maybe they need to up the stakes.