The New Raith Rovers Thread

Wigton was (and tbf pretty much still is) fairly average, showed some early promise but still to deliver. Thats all old news thougj, for now personally I'd prefer we held on to Rory Brian than spunked a wage on a loanee keeper that "will have to be played" From Smith's showings so far I'd bet he again sings from his own songsheet, shame the fucker seems to be completely tone deaf.

Ferrie won’t be no1 but most rovers no2s are guaranteed some time.

Wighton was pish for us and I’ve seen nothing recently to say he’s any better than unremarkable. Could well be a decent mid table premiership player for years to come but is not the future Scotland star some would have had you believe. When Johnny Russell came in, for example, you could tell he would have a great career.

Could well be a decent mid table premiership player for years to come but is not the future Scotland star some would have had you believe. When Johnny Russell came in, for example, you could tell he would have a great career.

To be fair, Barrie McKay is close to a £7M move to Olympiacos.

So how players perform with us is not that great an indication on how their careers are going to pan out :lol:

13 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Aiden Connelly any good? Rumoured to be heading to East End and I know a few of you were hopeful you might get him back.

I've probably elevated him in my head, but he was excellent for us. There was a real before and after with our team when we signed him, Louis Longridge and Hardie under McKinnon. He's deceiving as he's so small, but with that he has great close control and is brilliant on the ball. It isn't hard, but he's probably the most creative player I've seen at Rovers in the last decade. 

Aiden Connelly any good? Rumoured to be heading to East End and I know a few of you were hopeful you might get him back.

Where have you heard that he’s rumoured to be heading to East End?

On your thread, the only person to mention him is Grant228 twice and that was only him wanting Connolly.

2 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Where have you heard that he’s rumoured to be heading to East End?

On your thread, the only person to mention him is Grant228 twice and that was only him wanting Connolly.

There's a thread on .net, which has probably gotten there through someone seing his twitter. It's just a plausible rumour. 

20 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

There's a thread on .net, which has probably gotten there through someone seing his twitter. It's just a plausible rumour. 

Aidan Connolly has tweeted once in the last 6 weeks and that was to congratulate the Longridge brothers on signing for Dunfermline and that was more than 2 weeks ago. I would have thought that he'd be more likely to be Morton bound but you never know.

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Good player and a player that could help to keep you in the championship another season

Irrespective of what eventually happens I’m not convinced the FFP decision to name players who we are in talks with was the most prudent course of action. You only have to go back a few years to the Paul McManus debacle to realise that. I’d admit the names mentioned nearly had me reaching for my wallet to buy my season ticket but I fear most if not all will be offered better deals elsewhere. I genuinely feel for Barry in that the club don’t appear to have the funds to compete for the players we ideally want and may have to settle for second best. We do already have the nucleus of a team capable of challenging for promotion and maybe keeping quiet over our targets and waiting until they appear in a Rovers jersey would be a better course of action.

A lot of our boards decisions down the years haven’t been the brightest right enough.

This has caused much of the dissent from the fans. If the bean counters are tightening budgets, why should the fans pay out for the expected pap served up by hoofball Barry F Smith and co