The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I’m fairly certain I read somewhere that Furtado was on a short from deal at Airdrie.

I can’t find anything about the length of his contract though, so may have been on the Airdrie P&B forum. (Or I’m just havering)

It ends this month by all accounts.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

Hearts have recalled Zanatta.  How did he get on with you guys?

Didn't start too well but was really coming on to a game. Big winner for us in the derby and absolutely destroyed the Forfar RB on Saturday.

I'd like to have seen him here until the end of the season.

Hearts have recalled Zanatta.  How did he get on with you guys?

Was utter shite to begin with. Didn’t want the ball, his first option with the ball at his feet was to take a dive but he’s really come on to a game recently, was a deserved motm on Saturday. No way is he ready for Premier League football though.

I’m a bit shocked by this actually as he was loaned to us until then end of the season and I was pretty sure he was part of the Callachan deal.

Cheers guys.  I think there's definitely a player in there but he seems to need a run of games to feel comfortable and i'm not sure he'll get that luxury with us.  Find it odd we've recalled him as well as I too thought it was a season long deal.

Well, that's a bit fucking shite as he'd definitely come onto a game. Wonder how far in advance the club knew about this? Leaves us short of options wide on Saturday, unless Herron or Hendry is drafted into the middle and Vaughan pushed out wide.....

12 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Was utter shite to begin with. Didn’t want the ball, his first option with the ball at his feet was to take a dive but he’s really come on to a game recently, was a deserved motm on Saturday. No way is he ready for Premier League football though.

I’m a bit shocked by this actually as he was loaned to us until then end of the season and I was pretty sure he was part of the Callachan deal.

5 league goals since he came in? Bobby Barr has managed 2 in a year and a half.

Was this not part of the deal that took Callachan to Hearts? If so how the f**k can they recall him? That is a real kick in the stones, he was really coming on to a game. We need a wide player in now, Bobby Barr is still out so that leaves us with the square total of zero wingers.