The New Raith Rovers Thread

I know Hart's isn't everyone cup of tea but Yogi will be away in May regardless and the club would be silly not to be asking certain available people some serious questions.

We have 3 games left 2 of which are away from home so I doubt anyone would bat an eye of a former Hibs player rocked up at Easter Rd and took in the game on Wednesday week. Likewise as a former player (and manager at Saints) Danny Lennon could make an appearance at both games and little would be said. Behind the scenes talks should be happening with potential candidates so that as soon as our future is decided they could commit and get to work.  Of course it doesn't have to be just Paul or Danny there are others but those are the only one being discussed.

5 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

58f529a8c72c0_Screenshot2017-04-17at21_45_36.png.ba1c98b87334f9a668ef5f0c872da1b6.png

That'll be that then. I if a temp transfer is the terminology for an over 23 loan then it's indeed a no, and I stand corrected.

if  you (Hartley) must come to Pratt Street

please have a shave, please have a haircut and please have a bath

and please make an attempt to make yourself a wee bit more presentable

don't want to be unkind but you always look a tad scruffy and unkept

I of course am always immaculate :thumsup2 :angel :whistle

Edited by Ancient Mariner
addition

if  you (Hartley) must come to Pratt Street
please have a shave, please have a haircut and please have a bath
and please make an attempt to make yourself a wee bit more presentable
don't want to be unkind but you always look a tad scruffy and unkept
I of course am always immaculate :thumsup2 :angel :whistle

Division 1 managers always have to look their best eh?

41 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I think Raith25 was talking about Harding not Skacel, I think Hibs can allow Harding to play if they choose.

No they cant. It is against spfl rules.

Edit - Sorry, I see RATM has already quoted the rule. A temporary transfer refers to any kind of domestic loan.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I always remember the cup game at Easter Road where Hibs forgot to put a clause into Booth's loan contract so that he couldn't play against them. We then drew them in the cup, put them out, Booth had an absolute blinder and ended up having a lighter chucked at him by one of their fans. 

The general ignorance of the rules in Scotland's professional game is as baffling as it is infuriating.

Edit: That sounds like a dig against some of the previous posters, but it isn't. I mean things like Handling not knowing he can't possibly play, Locke thinking he could recall Vaughan, and (worst of all) SPFL board member Eric Drysdale not knowing the rules regarding loans and/or goalkeepers.

Those are just three examples from this season, and just from one club. I don't think it'd take a huge amount of digging to find numerous other examples.

It took me less than two minutes to dig out that rule about loan players and parent clubs, on Google. It's inexcusable ineptitude from "professionals".

If someone I was interviewing turned up in the state Hartley is in I certainly wouldn't offer him a job. He's an absolute embarrassment.

He looks far better with his beard than without tbf.

He looks far better with his beard than without tbf.

Has the benefit of hiding half his face and his chins I guess. Think who we'll get as manager depends if we stay up. If we go down I think we can forget about Hartley. If we stay up I wouldn't be surprised if we offered Yogi a contract.

Has the benefit of hiding half his face and his chins I guess. Think who we'll get as manager depends if we stay up. If we go down I think we can forget about Hartley. If we stay up I wouldn't be surprised if we offered Yogi a contract.

We'll definitely offer Yogi a contract if we stay up. I don't think he'll take it though.

I couldn't give a f**k if the manager sleeps in a skip and blows tramps for fun if the team plays well and occasionally wins.

He's the figurehead of the club. The most noticeable person there. If he's going to sleep in a skip and blow tramps, I want more than the occasional win!

I also want to know why he's sleeping in a skip given we'll be paying him well enough to afford a reasonably priced property in the Kirkcaldy area. His sexual preference is his own business, but tramps may be unsuitable sexual partners, especially if fellatio is involved, unless they are clean.

Not really sure that Hughes has done anything yet that is deserving of a new contract.

He hasn't, yet. I still think the board will offer him a contract if he keeps us up. The board will want to keep the fans sweet in the summer. The board knows that the fans were all wanting Yogi in, on February. If he keeps us up, he's done exactly what the fans wanted him here to do. Therefore the board will think the fans will still want him going forward. They will offer him a contract hoping he accepts in order to get those season tickets shifted for next season.

9 hours ago, rw89 said:

I always remember the cup game at Easter Road where Hibs forgot to put a clause into Booth's loan contract so that he couldn't play against them. We then drew them in the cup, put them out, Booth had an absolute blinder and ended up having a lighter chucked at him by one of their fans. 

I think that episode is the main reason both the SFA and SPFL changed the rules to remove all doubt afterward.