The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It'll work this time. If not, third time lucky. Just another cut and paste for yer man Elder at the FFP.

Fair enough comment on Davo / the players trotting out the same lines but the comment re: Matthew Elder is uncalled for. Even the most eloquent journo in the world would have worn out a thesaurus, this season, trying to come up with new ways to make our dross football sound interesting. Given the crap fest he has to watch (like all of us) I think he does a pretty sterling job of reporting on it, plus keeping up with all the weird and woeful things that have happened this season. 

Fair enough comment on Davo / the players trotting out the same lines but the comment re: Matthew Elder is uncalled for. Even the most eloquent journo in the world would have worn out a thesaurus, this season, trying to come up with new ways to make our dross football sound interesting. Given the crap fest he has to watch (like all of us) I think he does a pretty sterling job of reporting on it, plus keeping up with all the weird and woeful things that have happened this season. 

It was a throwaway comment. No offence intended.

Because a different player has been coming out with similar guff for weeks now and we're still waiting for something, anything, to happen.

Ah, but this time it was Davo. Watch us win tomorrow.

it was Davo in the Courier before last Saturday - stand up and be counted - aye right

See Hardie's in the courier this morning as well pretty much saying the same thing really.

So we've had Matthews, Davo(twice), Jason Thomson, Handling and now Hardie spouting the same shite..

23 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

See Hardie's in the courier this morning as well pretty much saying the same thing really.

So we've had Matthews, Davo(twice), Jason Thomson, Handling and now Hardie spouting the same shite..

To be fair, if they came out with "aye we aren't good enough for this league and most of the guys are now on holiday mode and looking for new clubs" How would you react to that? Thank them for their honesty? 

To be fair, if they came out with "aye we aren't good enough for this league and most of the guys are now on holiday mode and looking for new clubs" How would you react to that? Thank them for their honesty? 

Why not? That's what Yogi is saying in his interviews. It's also true.

What I would want is for them to back these statements up every now and again.

If they want to come out with shite like that then fair enough. They don't believe these words themselves though. It's a completely different view that they have when they step onto the pitch on a Saturday.

It's not the words that piss people off, it's their actions afterwords.

I'd imagine allot of teams should be, I'd hope we would be also.

Is he even out of contract? I have a feeling he's on a 2 year contract.

Don't know, I doubt we'd get him though. Depends what League we're in