The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm guessing, you haven't been watching any of their games this season yet? Mckays been probably their best player this season. He was outstanding on Sunday, and that wasn't the first time. Also McKay's a winger, murdoch's a CM..

I've seen a few games and can't agree he's been their best player. No doubt his best game was against QOTS but the game was over after 50 mins due to the ref and 4th official. McKay's attitude is poor and he showed that throughout his loan spell with us last season. A couple of decent games at the start of the season won't change my mind on that.

Just strange that Warburton is ditching some young players in favour of even younger English boys.

I've seen a few games and can't agree he's been their best player. No doubt his best game was against QOTS but the game was over after 50 mins due to the ref and 4th official. McKay's attitude is poor and he showed that throughout his loan spell with us last season. A couple of decent games at the start of the season won't change my mind on that.

Just strange that Warburton is ditching some young players in favour of even younger English boys.

McKay was outstanding on Sunday (second only to Zelalem) and also looked good when I saw them against St Mirren. Doesn't look anything like the same player who was moping about at Raith.

McKay was outstanding on Sunday (second only to Zelalem) and also looked good when I saw them against St Mirren. Doesn't look anything like the same player who was moping about at Raith.

He clearly didn't want to be with us. IIRC correctly he was quoted as being disappointed that he wasn't at The Rangers for the later part of last season. Not nearly as disappointed as the Rovers fans who had to witness him playing for us.

Edited by mrpaddyx

See I thought he was bang average against St Mirren and I did recall Stuart McCall, who was co-commentator, saying he pretty much the same thing that night.

He reminds of David Templeton who we also had on loan years ago.

He clearly didn't want to be with us. IIRC correctly he was quoted as being disappointed that he wasn't at The Rangers for the later part of last season. Not nearly as disappointed as the Rovers fans who had to witness him playing for us.

That's my point. He might have talent but he'll ultimately be let down by his poor attitude. His performance away at Caley in the cup was shocking and he just couldn't give a damn that night. It was like we were playing with 10 men.

Anyway...enough about Sevco.

See I thought he was bang average against St Mirren and I did recall Stuart McCall, who was co-commentator, saying he pretty much the same thing that night.

I might be confusing myself about which game it was. I also saw the Hibs game at Ibrox on telly. Might have been that one I thought he was good in rather than the St Mirren one. I remember being surprised at how decent he looked in one of them anyway.

So, assuming the Rangers game is pretty much a write off for points, how do we see the rest of the quarter going, points wise? I reckon we'd be looking at 4-8 points would be the range I'd expect after rangers.

Edited by renton

QOS - wouldn't be overly upset with a draw

St Mirren - see above

Dumbarton - home win, no excuses

Morton - see above

So aye 8 points would be nice. Even a sneaky win against either QOS or St Mirren would be fantastic as well.

QOS - wouldn't be overly upset with a draw

St Mirren - see above

Dumbarton - home win, no excuses

Morton - see above

So aye 8 points would be nice. Even a sneaky win against either QOS or St Mirren would be fantastic as well.

Yeah, I mean it's hard to see where you are until at least a quarter is gone (and in our case, Christmas usually) but so far we've beaten the two teams currently holding the table up, and lost to two teams, one of which has (fading) ambitions for the league and one who are solid contenders for the play offs. So we aren't confounding expectations one way or the other. Having Hibs and Rangers back to back is a bit brutal but hopefully we win at least two of our up coming home games.

Also regarding deadline day.. Matthew elder tweeted that a source close to the club replied "Maybes aye, Maybes naw" when asked if their would be any ins or outs tonight at Starks..

When did Kenny Dalglish get close to the Rovers?