The New Raith Rovers Thread

I've been on Jon Daly previously, he rejected an offer from a team substantially larger than ourselves in this division for a lot more money, but came to Rovers as he wants to be here.

Scotland today news sport had a Hibs looking for a striker, then interview with McKinnon saying, they shook hands on Sunday and today a bigger rival club in the division came in with more money but Daly had said he shook hands on the deal with Raith. A rather honourable story in the footballing world of today.

I'd guess the club in question was Hibs, strange as they have a fair quota of strikers.

Edited by MrDust

Scotland today news sport had a Hibs looking for a striker, then interview with McKinnon saying, they shook hands on Sunday and today a bigger rival club in the division came in with more money but Daly had said he shook hands on the deal with Raith. A rather honourable story in the footballing world of today.

I'd guess the club in question was Hibs, strange as they have a fair quota of strikers.

Just said the same on Fantalk (our own forum). For Daly, he's got far more chance of getting first team football and exposure to other clubs elsewhere. Also, Mckinnon has worked with him before doing badges so they are familiar. I think credit has to go to McKinnon, this is the second time (after Craigen) where he's clearly gone out of his way to meet with a player to convince them to join ourselves.

Callaghan injured is pish but I'm just glad it's his shoulder and not an injury below the waist like Vaughan. I'm no doctor but hopefully when he gets his fitness back they'll be no long term effects. Gives guys like Petrie and Matthews a real chance of breaking though, let's hope they take it.

Wighton better not be punted to the bench for this Daly fucking donkey.

Daly will score goals. Wighton needs to prove himself if he wants to keep himself in the team.. He had his best game for us on Saturday as well as notching a goal. He needs to carry that on now, or he will be rightly dropped to the bench..

I also reckon that Daly will end up as first choice when hes match fit and it'll be Wighton competing with Stewart for the second spot..

Edited by Rovers1992/1993

Even though Wighton got the goal, I still reckon Davo's header was enough to see it go in. He only got the slightest touch on it.

Watch the video again and you can see the defender and keeper both well enough placed to stop Davo's header. Wighton's touch lifts it up over both. Not sure it was going in on its original trajectory.

Even though Wighton got the goal, I still reckon Davo's header was enough to see it go in. He only got the slightest touch on it.

I'm not sure, even if Wighton's touch didn't change the trajectory that much it still unsighted the keeper and probably had the keeper in the wrong position.

Watch the video again and you can see the defender and keeper both well enough placed to stop Davo's header. Wighton's touch lifts it up over both. Not sure it was going in on its original trajectory.

I have it just looked as though Davo got it right. Believe me I'm not a fan boy in the slightest. But I'll defer to your view of it mate.

I'm not sure, even if Wighton's touch didn't change the trajectory that much it still unsighted the keeper and probably had the keeper in the wrong position.

Believe me any goal is a good goal, and I know what you mean. Wighton being there caused enough confusion between the defender and goalie. I'll take that any day of the week.

Provided we can get them all on the pitch at the same time, Toshney, Benedictus, Davo, Anderson and Daly should give us a hell of a presence at set pieces.

Absolutely, just hope Bene and Davo keep the heid as they say.