The New Raith Rovers Thread

Aye, if he hasn't then we're in trouble.

Bloody hell I get panned for being a pessimist and now I get panned for being optimistic, gies peace lol

McKinnon will be doing his best job, no doubt, but football fans need to realise that by and large players and managers are not in this game for the clubs they play for and manage. Ray's heart is in it but it's in it for Ray and not Raith.

McKinnon will be doing his best job, no doubt, but football fans need to realise that by and large players and managers are not in this game for the clubs they play for and manage. Ray's heart is in it but it's in it for Ray and not Raith.

Ray has Raith and Rovers tattooed on his arse cheeks, he's as die hard as they come!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is, to a certain extent, baws. Most employees want their employer to succeed. It usually means better reward, and before the tattie bogles come on complaining about their place of work, I said usually. That said, most employees take pride in what they do and many take pride in who they work for. Not everyone is out for themselves and themselves alone in singular mercenary mode. I don't think McKinnon is a mercenary. I don't know him, but he's no Ian Black. I think he does indeed have the club's best interest at heart, and of course he will expect some reward if he can improve fortunes. On the way though his motivation and inspiration will come from job enrichment and enlargement. He will get satisfaction and pride from improving the club. He'll also get financial reward. I don't believe the latter is driving his actions and thoughts.

I reckon Daly and Stewart could be quite a decent partnership actually.

Just a pity, hes pretty much 100% guaranteed to be away in January.

If he does leave in January then I fully trust McKinnon to find a suitable replacement. There's always options in January and who knows, if we're flying high and on Rangers coat tails, he may just have a change of heart.

That being said I'd swap the US for Kdy anyway.

This is, to a certain extent, baws. Most employees want their employer to succeed. It usually means better reward, and before the tattie bogles come on complaining about their place of work, I said usually. That said, most employees take pride in what they do and many take pride in who they work for. Not everyone is out for themselves and themselves alone in singular mercenary mode. I don't think McKinnon is a mercenary. I don't know him, but he's no Ian Black. I think he does indeed have the club's best interest at heart, and of course he will expect some reward if he can improve fortunes. On the way though his motivation and inspiration will come from job enrichment and enlargement. He will get satisfaction and pride from improving the club. He'll also get financial reward. I don't believe the latter is driving his actions and thoughts.

So, Ray McKinnon is doing the best job he can in order to get better rewards for himself? I understand that he wants Raith Rovers to succeed but that's because he's in charge of them, if he was still manager of Brechin he wouldn't give two monkeys about Raith Rovers, so I'm not sure how his heart has ended up with Raith rovers. Ultimately, he's doing the job to the best of his ability because it increases his chances of getting a bigger job. There's no shame in that, it'll be the same for Stevie Aitken at Dumbarton (and every other manager in this league with a modicum of ambition) and I certainly wasn't suggesting that McKinnon isn't trying or isn't passionate, just that football fans need to get away from the "they love the club" attitude, it's almost always not the case.

Money isn't driving his thoughts? He working for f**k all then?

So, Ray McKinnon is doing the best job he can in order to get better rewards for himself? I understand that he wants Raith Rovers to succeed but that's because he's in charge of them, if he was still manager of Brechin he wouldn't give two monkeys about Raith Rovers, so I'm not sure how his heart has ended up with Raith rovers. Ultimately, he's doing the job to the best of his ability because it increases his chances of getting a bigger job. There's no shame in that, it'll be the same for Stevie Aitken at Dumbarton (and every other manager in this league with a modicum of ambition) and I certainly wasn't suggesting that McKinnon isn't trying or isn't passionate, just that football fans need to get away from the "they love the club" attitude, it's almost always not the case.

Money isn't driving his thoughts? He working for f**k all then?

Do you work "just" for money?