The New Raith Rovers Thread

If he does well in Tuesday Nights game away to Stenny, then chances are he'll sign after the game or Wednesday morning, I reckon..

Can you play trialists in the challenge cup? I didn't think you could.

Can you play trialists in the challenge cup? I didn't think you could.

Listen, if we can play C Gull we can play A Trialist, we are the Rovers.

ETA to add that I have just got myself telt two posts down.

Edited by Zen Archer

Trialists
72. Trialists are not eligible to Play for a Club in League Matches in the Premiership and
in the Championship, League Cup Matches, Matches in the Challenge Cup, other
than Matches in round one of that Competition, League Matches in any Season on
or after 1 April in that Season and in Play-Off Matches and otherwise and subject to
compliance with the Rules and Regulations Trialists are eligible to Play in Official
Matches.

http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthescottishprofessionalfootballleaguetoapplyfrom25may2015_1432714128.pdf

Trialists

72. Trialists are not eligible to Play for a Club in League Matches in the Premiership and

in the Championship, League Cup Matches, Matches in the Challenge Cup, other

than Matches in round one of that Competition, League Matches in any Season on

or after 1 April in that Season and in Play-Off Matches and otherwise and subject to

compliance with the Rules and Regulations Trialists are eligible to Play in Official

Matches.

http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthescottishprofessionalfootballleaguetoapplyfrom25may2015_1432714128.pdf

So gulls'n dolls are ok but not trialists??

No way Jimmy!

Aussies are all full themselves. He probably thinks he's done great and is a cert to be awarded a contract even though in actual fact he's not very good.

Och ye never know maybe he'll turn out to be like Mark Viduka

Or

Mibbies he'll just turn oot to be a petulant fanny!

Aussies are all full themselves. He probably thinks he's done great and is a cert to be awarded a contract even though in actual fact he's not very good.

He's probably pretty nifty when it comes to wrestling wild crocs though.

I know I know, this is one of those 'it came from a friend of a friend, who's maw spoke to the dug, who said this' type things but.....a good friend of mine spoke to a couple of players at a recent event and when the topic of the these two trialists came up they were very surprised to hear that there were rumours going about that Costa was signing. According to these players BOTH trialists are not up to much at all.

I know I know, this is one of those 'it came from a friend of a friend, who's maw spoke to the dug, who said this' type things but.....a good friend of mine spoke to a couple of players at a recent event and when the topic of the these two trialists came up they were very surprised to hear that there were rumours going about that Costa was signing. According to these players BOTH trialists are not up to much at all.

Sort of similar, however different response from a guy I know who supports the Rovers and works at the Michaels Woods Centre.

He spoke to a player about the trialists, and was told that Australian boy looks really good.

All about opinions I guess though.