The New Raith Rovers Thread

The best forward play happened when davo came on, thus freeing up craigen and callachan to move more forward centrally, when craigen is in the middle of the park with the ball at his feet his footwork is excelant and keeps the ball very well.!

Edited by 1RonnieCoyle

Watched the mini training game today at the fun day, was serious stuff from the squad players not many of yesterdays squad were involved, the two trialists were involved and looked very good. Costa is very quick, a decent physique and can use both feet exeptionally well, good link up play and scored some excelant goals too. The other lad had a man bun in his heed!! Again quick, good skill and kept the ball well and constantly on the move to lose his marker! Spoke briefly to costa, welcomed him to kirkcaldy etc, and he thanked me for that and says he is hopefull of a deal early this week, and hopefull of getting some real game time tuesday.! The fact he knows about tuesdays game and their involvement today may tell a decent story.! They could be the answers we are looking for moving forward

Edited by 1RonnieCoyle

Watched the mini training game today at the fun day, was serious stuff from the squad players not many of yesterdays squad were involved, the two trialists were and looked for good. Costa is very quick a decent physique and can use both feet exeptionally well, good link up play and scored some exceleant goals too. The other lad had a man bun in his heed!! Again quick, good skill and kept the ball well and constantly on the move to lose his marker! Spoke briefly to costa, welcomed him to kirkcaldy etc, and he thanked me for that and says he is hopefully of a deal early this week, and hopefully get some real game time tuesday.! The fact he knows abou tuesdays game and their involvement today may tell a decent story.! They could be the answers we are looking for moving forward

I've heard that he's hot at crossing.

Watched the mini training game today at the fun day, was serious stuff from the squad players not many of yesterdays squad were involved, the two trialists were and looked for good. Costa is very quick a decent physique and can use both feet exeptionally well, good link up play and scored some exceleant goals too. The other lad had a man bun in his heed!! Again quick, good skill and kept the ball well and constantly on the move to lose his marker! Spoke briefly to costa, welcomed him to kirkcaldy etc, and he thanked me for that and says he is hopefully of a deal early this week, and hopefully get some real game time tuesday.! The fact he knows abou tuesdays game and their involvement today may tell a decent story.! They could be the answers we are looking for moving forward

Wow got enough cliches in there ?

Wow got enough cliches in there ?

Better that than writing half a pish story that folk need to ask you a million questions aboot.

Infact what al do next time is just say, fun day was gid, two trialists were decent.. That do you??

Edited by 1RonnieCoyle

yes it was good!

But there was room for improvement.

Suggestions for next year.

2 open days.

1 at SP and 1 in Glenrothes (The park at Gilvenbank??)

Big community events (bring in radio stations)

Stalls,

Food (barbecue??)

Icecream van

Oh and publicise it, I spoke to folk on the High St after it that didn't know it had been happening.

Kingdom FM (Ally ?) , Radio Forth even the bloody FFP FFS!

Edited by Scottydog

I asked, apparently Mario doesn't have vans anymore and he was away for the weekend. Still he could have had staff there on a pie stall and made some dosh or the club could have given a burger van permission to set up shop.....for a wee donation. ;)

It was decent I must say, 2nd year in a row I've been with my young son and he enjoyed it. Be better when he is a bit older so he can join in, he's only two and a bit young to join so most of our time was spent knocking the ball back and forward on the pitch, a wee shot on the bouncy castle but even then he was still a bit wee and was being knocked over and stuff. Maybe for next year something for the younger kids, which sort of leads me on to my next point.

Absolutely boking I cannot get him any of the new strips as the smallest sizes they do is now I think ages 6-7. I had him running around in his old red strip from a couple seasons ago and noticed a few other smaller kids with the kit on too. He's two years old and football daft, we've got Barcelona and Man united kits we basically have to peel off his back to get them off him. Getting to the age now he's starting to understand and point out things, and the Rovers badge is one of them! Just a shame I can't get anything in his size .

But decent day he seemed content with his balloon animal and his wee kick about with Roary.

To add, two trialists looked pretty decent in the training game, be interesting to see if we can pick any of them or even both of them.

First time I've been to one of these open days and took my wee boy (3 years old) and my wife came as well. We all enjoyed it and for the rest of the day all I could hear ringing in my ear was the wee man saying "I met Roary and scored two goals at Raith Rovers!!!". What was the script with the 'pop up shop' at the Railway Stand? It looked to be just old training gear. We only stayed for a couple of hours but still seemed quite well attended.

Re the pop up shop in the railway stand.

It was a mixture of youth team and 1st team gear and there was everything from brand new stuff still with the tags on to numbered kits and it was all getting sold off for pennies. (e.g. U17 shirts £3)

I bought a Puma rugby shirt for £4 that although it didn't have a tag on it looked as though it was new.

There was waterproof training tops and even those big Puma heavy coats too.

Seemed to be the case that they are taking up space and are just getting rid of them more than making serious money from them though I suppose they might have made something depending how busy it was.

Watched the mini training game today at the fun day, was serious stuff from the squad players not many of yesterdays squad were involved, the two trialists were involved and looked very good. Costa is very quick, a decent physique and can use both feet exeptionally well, good link up play and scored some excelant goals too. The other lad had a man bun in his heed!! Again quick, good skill and kept the ball well and constantly on the move to lose his marker! Spoke briefly to costa, welcomed him to kirkcaldy etc, and he thanked me for that and says he is hopefull of a deal early this week, and hopefull of getting some real game time tuesday.! The fact he knows about tuesdays game and their involvement today may tell a decent story.! They could be the answers we are looking for moving forward

Allegedly it seems he is quite confident of the opinion that he'll be signing (for us not on the broo) at some point this week.

That from someone he was talking to at the weekend.

Allegedly it seems he is quite confident of the opinion that he'll be signing (for us not on the broo) at some point this week.

That from someone he was talking to at the weekend.

If he does well in Tuesday Nights game away to Stenny, then chances are he'll sign after the game or Wednesday morning, I reckon..