The New Raith Rovers Thread

Yeah he's a p***k but if he plays for you, you would love him.

Nah, not having that. Black is pond life in all walks of life, not just on the football pitch. The type who'd have been in and out of jail if he wasn't a footballer, and to be fair is very lucky he hasn't been anyway.

Add in the fact he's absolutely fucking rotten I'll be beyond livid if we sign him.

Nah, not having that. Black is pond life in all walks of life, not just on the football pitch. The type who'd have been in and out of jail if he wasn't a footballer, and to be fair is very lucky he hasn't been anyway.

Add in the fact he's absolutely fucking rotten I'll be beyond livid if we sign him.

:lol:

Settle down ya drama queen, you're acting like he's Josef Fritzl. Why would he be in jail?

FWIW I think Black would be a good signing if he can recapture his Hearts form. He's not the only player who's went to play under McCoist and ended up doing dreadful.

in all honesty i think ian black would be a decent enough signing for us, even if he does only play 10-15 games.

He would add a bit of experience to our day to day training, would push callachan mccord and petrie and mathews.

Also, Do we really have enough midfeild quality?

Craigen is defiantly more suited in a forward role wether on the wing or in a 3.

Anderson this season looks like he may well be suited to 1 of a forward 3 rather than a winger.

Petrie seems to have settled into any position just to get a game which is brilliant for us and him, played well at LB and CM and LM.

Mathews is defiantly one for the future and after a few games this season should be ready to go for next season,

And im sure Mccord will come good soon enough and has struggled so far due to the change from part to full time training. the last 3 games he has gave the ball away far too many times for a central midfielder,

So maybe, just maybe, if we can sign hooper on a cheap contract and there is money left in the pot id sign ian black. knowing we still have 2 more loans if needed.

Neither Black nor Miller fit the mould that McKinnon seems to be sticking to in terms of age etc, so I'd be pretty surprised if either were brought on board.

We're sorted for central players anyway, so much so that we're shoe-horning Craigen, arguably our most creative central player, out wide, just to squeeze everyone in.

As for Miller, he looked done at Killie last season, played a fair amount of games and only scored once I think.

A lot of people probably looking too much into this regarding Ian Black. He's probably asked around clubs to see if he can train to keep fit until he finds a club. Ray has maybe agreed to this but told him there's no deal for him. Hopefully that's the scenario anyway. Definitely need a striker.

Did you ever see Shaun Dennis play ?

Club captain and was frequently in bother with the law.

To be honest considering the run of home games McKinnon has to start off with if we continue to produce the sort of home performances we did under Murray then McKinnon will probably lose the fans within a couple of months.

TBH he's annoyed me slightly already with the McGurn situation. That said, I suppose I can see where he's coming from with the FT/PT thing. You really need the whole team training together. So, I'm still on board.

However, after the utter shite I've sat watching for the past few seasons, if we end up getting more of the same, then I'll obviously be dissapointed.

Edited by Scary Bear