The New Raith Rovers Thread

Smith had Bates on toast the whole game just shows how inexperienced the young lad was. Petrie is no left back either very poor today. Apart from Callaghan/ Vaughan the rest were awful to be honest does bother me we have no one up front really. But the end of the day in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter a jot the result next Saturday is when it starts.

McKinnon changed the whole team today interms of personnel and formation for a reason to see if it worked and to have a look at other players who haven't been involved incidentally Laidlaw had a better game than McGurn did on Wednesday but the fans won't be begging for Laidlaw to get ahead of McGurn for the No 1 jersey will they.

What a ridiculous statement, nobody would, a goalie who has served us well consistently against a young up and coming keeper who looks nervous and mistake ridden when he gets his chances, only a looney would want that.

What a ridiculous statement, nobody would, a goalie who has served us well consistently against a young up and coming keeper who looks nervous and mistake ridden when he gets his chances, only a looney would want that.

That's the point I was trying to make Wildrover, But they are quick to judge McKinnon and push the panic button because we have had a poor pre season, I personally think the team looked jaded and uninterested today against a more hard working East Fife side , and let's not forget a Rovers team missing about 6 first team players.

What positives can we take from these friendlies?

Huh?

Why is it urgent to jump to conclusions one way or the other?

We don't need to find reasons and impose narratives to explain everything all the time. I'm waiting to see what happens.

East Fife deserved their win, like McKinnon I was of the opinion that some in the Raith team thought they simply had to turn up and EF would roll over.

Lewis Vaughan was the best of the bunch.

Darren Petrie.....not convinced with his display today, too many misplaced passes.

We desperately need a front man, never mind Masson from Brechin as the next/last signing for the season....get someone else in cos', when Stewart is out injured/suspended we are gonna be knackered!!

Hopefully some of these guys will have learnt something from today's outing, a salutory lesson?,.... and will take it into the new season