The New Raith Rovers Thread

In Kirkwood's case, admittedly not very much, though his record in the Highland League is decent.

Adams is a shouty aggressive type which never seems like good management. I'd be disappointed to see the club going that way, virtually all of Raith's success during my time watching them has been when they'd had decent, more thoughtful people in charge.

Well Kirkwood has had success in a poor, poor league with the biggest budget. His side were played off the park by a poor Montrose side today.

One of Grant Murrays problems appears to be he's too nice. We need a fucking c**t in there, IMO anyway.

Edited by CALDERON

In Kirkwood's case, admittedly not very much, though his record in the Highland League is decent.

Adams is a shouty aggressive type which never seems like good management. I'd be disappointed to see the club going that way, virtually all of Raith's success during my time watching them has been when they'd had decent, more thoughtful people in charge.

Hope your kidding Yoss, the thought of Kirkwood managing the Rovers is akin to Anelka type management. Sorry dude, but I think your taking the piss.

Well Kirkwood has had success in a poor, poor league with the biggest budget. His side were played off the park by a poor Montrose side today.

One of Grant Murrays problems appears to be he's too nice. We need a fucking c**t in there, IMO anyway.

He hasn't only managed Brora. Also, football history is littered with clubs who've spent big and still been shit.

I'm not saying he'd be my first choice or anything, based on such info as we have. I suppose I'm just more saying that I don't want Adams.

Hope your kidding Yoss, the thought of Kirkwood managing the Rovers is akin to Anelka type management. Sorry dude, but I think your taking the piss.

Because employing a former professional footballer with management experience is similar to allowing someone with no prior experience of professional football in any capacity to buy himself the management job?

Because employing a former professional footballer with management experience is similar to allowing someone with no prior experience of professional football in any capacity to buy himself the management job?

Exactly the same, Anelka coached at the same kind of level as Kirkwood is now. See what I mean.

Exactly the same, Anelka coached at the same kind of level as Kirkwood is now. See what I mean.

Not a lot else I can say to that than, no he hadn't. Quite apart from the playing experience and all the rest.

Anyway, I wasn't intending to get dragged into this and I'm not making a case for him as a favourite or anything. He'd be a bit of a wildcard; but if he has applied he'd probably be one of the ones I'd be interested in interviewing. And so would Colin Cameron, whose record at Cowdenbeath wasn't too bad.

To be fair to Kirkwood before getting gigs in the Highland League he was youth coach at Ross County so he does potentially tick a few boxes. It's a bit harsh to equate him with Anelka!

Adams also comes across as a pretty odious human being (kind of like Billy Davies without the Manchester swinging scene) so I can understand what Yoss is getting at.

As for McVeigh, I was raging when he got the Rovers job. He was clearly a p***k but if you don't try to re write history he actually did a good job while he was with us, well, unless you were a youth player!

(To be fair I'd probably also interview Adams as well, and I'm happy to acknowledge the possibility - however unlikely - of being wrong about him.)