The New Raith Rovers Thread

sad day RIP

we are all turnbull Hutton

hopefully a few more turn out for the game on Wednesday to show their respect

A real man, I knew nothing about this man from a 'wee' club until he spoke out against organized corruption. He stood up and was counted, despite the real physical threats he and his club faced. In so doing he helped save the integrity of our game. Sleep well Turnbull.

Can I ask - I am going to the match on Wednesday with my girlfriend and her Rovers supporting side of the family. I'd like to hang my Pars scarf up outside Starks Park on the railings to show my respect for Turnbull Hutton. Would any Raith fans have any reservations about this? I don't want to cause any anymosity, just want to show my respect for a great guy who done so much for Scottish football. I hope there is a big crowd there on Wednesday night to give Turnbull the respect he deserves, he will be sadly missed by all in Scottish football. We are all Turnbull Hutton.

One of the few who weren't intimidated by the lies and threats coming from Hampden and Ibrox and stood up for what's right rather than what was easy. His decision probably helped to earn Rovers one of the best days in their history as well as ensuring that the chancers at Rangers were found out a lot sooner as well as helping to get Rovers back from the brink.

Raith definitely had one of the good guys on their side and he'll be sorely missed at Starks Park and in Scottish Football as a whole.

Can I ask - I am going to the match on Wednesday with my girlfriend and her Rovers supporting side of the family. I'd like to hang my Pars scarf up outside Starks Park on the railings to show my respect for Turnbull Hutton. Would any Raith fans have any reservations about this? I don't want to cause any anymosity, just want to show my respect for a great guy who done so much for Scottish football. I hope there is a big crowd there on Wednesday night to give Turnbull the respect he deserves, he will be sadly missed by all in Scottish football. We are all Turnbull Hutton.

I think that's a great gesture dafcburty. I'm sure no Rovers fan would have any complaints about you doing this. I laid my Raith scarf outside East End when Norrie died and a few Pars fans said thanks for doing that.

I think that's a great gesture dafcburty. I'm sure no Rovers fan would have any complaints about you doing this. I laid my Raith scarf outside East End when Norrie died and a few Pars fans said thanks for doing that.

Agree, no one at Starks would have an issue at all with that. Would be a great gesture.

No worries my Fife brother, that would be awesome.

Really sad news, he was a great guy and committed to the club and Scottish football as a whole and should rightly be remembered for his efforts during the Rangers fiasco and for his work on getting out club heading in the right direction. He always had the time for supporters.

I remember when I used to be Roary, I got in trouble from the police for that 'We Are All Turnbull Hutton' sign I made for the match against Hamilton in case it aggravated any Rangers sympathisers in the crowd. However, before that I did get a standing ovation from the Hamilton fans as well for it as well asked to pose for photos from people in Dundee United, Aberdeen and Celtic colours which says a lot about the amount of respect and support that man managed to gather.

RIP Turnbull.

Really sad news, he was a great guy and committed to the club and Scottish football as a whole and should rightly be remembered for his efforts during the Rangers fiasco and for his work on getting out club heading in the right direction. He always had the time for supporters.

I remember when I used to be Roary, I got in trouble from the police for that 'We Are All Turnbull Hutton' sign I made for the match against Hamilton in case it aggravated any Rangers sympathisers in the crowd. However, before that I did get a standing ovation from the Hamilton fans as well for it as well asked to pose for photos from people in Dundee United, Aberdeen and Celtic colours which says a lot about the amount of respect and support that man managed to gather.

RIP Turnbull.

Sorry I'm not at my PC, but you defo get a few Greenies for that bud.

R.I.P Sir.

Raith director: 'We are being bullied and the Scottish game is corrupt'

03 July 2012 11:30 BST

Raith Rovers director Turnbull Hutton says clubs in the Scottish Football League are being "lied to, bullied and threatened" by the Scottish FA and Scottish Premier League to accept a newco Rangers into the First Division.

Hutton says the attempts to force teams to bypass a formal application process for Charles Green's company are "corrupt", following threats that finances from the SPL would be cut off and a breakaway league formed.

He said: “It is not an SFL issue. We’ve been lumbered with this. There are rules we feel they should be followed. They [newco Rangers] should apply for the Third Division.

“[We are being] bullied, railroaded and lied to. We are being lied to by the Scottish FA and the SPL. We are being threatened and bullied. It is not football as I know it.

“It was a ridiculous document which came out last week whereby the threat was there that if you don’t vote for an acceptance into the First Division, a breakaway SPL2 will come along and those who didn’t vote wouldn’t be invited.

“What kind of game are we running here? It is corrupt.”

When asked if he agreed with the SFL’s assertion that Scottish football would face financial meltdown without Rangers, he replied: “I don’t believe that.”

The 30 member clubs of the SFL are meeting at Hampden on Tuesday to discuss proposals which would see Charles Green’s newco parachuted into the First Division, as opposed to applying to enter at Third Division level.

A presentation sent out by the league to its members last week warned £16m could be wiped out from the Scottish game if Rangers had to play in the bottom tier.

It promised an additional £1m would be divided amongst clubs in TV money if the club were to participate in the First Division, with play-offs and a change to financial distribution also proposed.

I spoke to Turnbull Hutton a few times during the Rangers malarkey and he gave me the impression that he appreciated the support he was getting for his stance but he also seemed a bit surprised by it all as he was just doing what was right.

I hope his family take a lot of comfort from the very high regard he is held in by the vast majority of Scottish football.

RIP Turnbull.

Were you the Roary that got sent off for shouting at a linesman?

If Falkirk weren't playing on Wednesday, I might have gone along to this game to show my respects. I'll try to swing by tomorrow and put a scarf up.

I think it's important that we as fans mark his passing because I doubt the West Coast media will give the man the credit he deserves.

I was fortunate enough to have known Turnbull Hutton and was vaguely aware that he was ill but not how ill. I was surprised he was not at Starks Park last midweek when we visited but just presumed he was away or something. He was a great guy, a real character and will be a loss to the game. My sympathies to his family and his "extended family" at Raith Rovers.

Did not know Turnbull was ill, so was a bit of shock to read this news earlier today.

Very sad and I can only echo what others have said - he stood up and said what a lot of ordinary punters were thinking around the time of the Rangers carry on, showing great conviction on behalf of the "diddies" at the same time.

But regardless of that, I'm sure he would still have been highly thought of within Scottish football as a guy who wanted to make a difference for his team. And given Rovers have gone on an upward curve in establishing themselves in the Championship and on a much more stable financial footing after the Claude Anelka carry on, no-one can doubt his impact there.

I also remember the gesture of the Rovers board in offering to donate gate receipts during the derby at Stark's Park after we entered administration. They didn't have to do that and I imagine that TH was at the heart of his club offering to help.

Condolonces to his family, friends and all at Raith Rovers FC.