The New Raith Rovers Thread

Derek Riordan was a very, very talented player who should've gone on to much bigger things. He could probably have made it as a decent Premiership player.

Unfortunately, his idea of 'bigger things' was getting splinters in his arse on the Celtic bench and acting like an utter reprobate at the weekend. A dreadful attitude cost him and the fact he's been continually rejected by part-timers says it all.

He has no future in the game.

Whilst it's funny to poke fun at the old boy.

It is a perfect example of the football fan that thinks he has the old game sussed when in reality they don't have a scooby.

That one might make the dressing room wall, at least for giggles.

Yeah, Cook went travelling, then came back and had spells at, I think, Brechin and East Fife. Don't know where he is now.

Dunlop was on a two year contract, and although he'd long since left the club, he was advertised as being available for transfer during the summer in the middle of it, which would suggest he was still officially contracted, though I've no idea if we had to pay him. He ended up back at Newtongrange, for whom I saw him get sent off for diving a season or two back.

Dunlop was the one major failure of the otherwise very good policy of giving out two year contracts in the McGlynn era.

The only two other major failures I can think of from the time of 2 year contracts were Joe Hammill (who was, by and large, played out of position and did alright when in the middle) and Scott McBride (Had pace, but no other attributes, loved nightclubs).

This was by far and away offset by the likes of Tade, Baird and Graham who all gave us two good seasons each of memories or performances.

Back on Murray's side after that. Moreover, well done to the board for not giving in to us lot and sacking him. Took their time and got someone in to help him instead and it's turned out to be a great appointment. Well done to the board and the whole backroad team for what has been a very enjoyable last few months.

Edited by Hank Scorpio

What did Malpas say to Murray coz it's working ! Undefeated since he arrived

Back on Murray's side after that. Moreover, well done to the board for not giving in to us lot and sacking him. Took their time and got someone in to help him instead and it's turned out to be a great appointment. Well done to the board and the whole backroad team for what has been a very enjoyable last few months.

Great result, coming after a couple of months of steady improvement. From being a complete shambles at the start of the season we now look like a well drilled side. Some of us have given Murray a hard time, me being one of his most vicious critics, but after today, along with whatever changes the backroom team are doing he deserves a big vote of confidence.

Today again reiterated that it has been the return of mcgurn and hill that has really settled this team.

Watson looks far more composed, and Rory has hardly put a foot wrong since November.

Would be great to get another trip to hampden