The New Raith Rovers Thread

We should be winning this one pretty comfortably, but when you have a clown in charge its never as straight forward as that ... Probably have another 4-5-1 defense based formation with defenders who struggle to defend & midfielders who struggle to get forward to support the lone striker ... Who by the way will have the job of dealing with long punts all day ... Should be winning 3/4-0 but will probably scrape it 1-0 .... Who says I'm not positive hahaha :P !

Edited by ADMO

We should be winning this one pretty comfortably, but when you have a clown in charge its never as straight forward as that ... Probably have another 4-5-1 defense based formation with defenders who struggle to defend & midfielders who struggle to get forward to support the lone striker ... Who by the way will have the job of dealing with long punts all day ... Should be winning 3/4-0 but will probably scrape it 1-0 .... Who says I'm not positive hahaha :P !

Your not far wrong mate unfortunately, we'll be utter horse shit as per. Linlithgow have nothing to fear.

On paper we're far too strong for them, but with our calamitous defending, inept tactics and the coaching staff's inability to read a game I wouldnt rule Lithgie Rose out. At least we have McGurn back; had it been Laidlaw in goal I'd have given them a more realistic chance.

Edited by Big Berk

You are playing a team 3 divisions below you if you include the lowland league so I would expect a fairly routine win for you. Full time fitness as well. When we played QOS and lost 4 0 their players were that yard quicker than us ( and also a fair bit better). Not expecting anything from the game to be honest, its a Brucie bonus for the Rose. The main target for us is the Superleague and Scottish cup that has the massive trophy :-)

Based on the season so far I actually expect Rose to be a yard quicker and just as fit over 90mins. Expect our (dare I say) "class" to be enough to see us through. Our manager has a way of scraping just enough in way of results to keep his job. Diddy Cup win, couple of wins at end of season to keep us up by a point from the mighty Cowdenbeath. This season we have been involved in some awful games where we have been slightly less awful than opponent and won. Games when opponent shows up we have been exposed and blown away on occasion. If we scrape through on Sat we will get the post match interview... The pitch was tight, they played well.... Being in next round is all that matters etc etc

Or

Based on the season so far I actually expect Rose to be a yard quicker and just as fit over 90mins. Expect our (dare I say) "class" to be enough to see us through. Our manager has a way of scraping just enough in way of results to keep his job. Diddy Cup win, couple of wins at end of season to keep us up by a point from the mighty Cowdenbeath. This season we have been involved in some awful games where we have been slightly less awful than opponent and won. Games when opponent shows up we have been exposed and blown away on occasion. If we scrape through on Sat we will get the post match interview... The pitch was tight, they played well.... Being in next round is all that matters etc etc

Or........

It could feasibly turn into another unmitigated disaster like a good many of our games where we've turned up expecting to do well and got embarrassed one way or another.

If we lose this game it would be embarrassing (no disrespect intended) and it would be time for Bert to go. Again no disrespect intended, I expect us to win this game by a couple of goals. We are not a great team but we should be a big step up from Jr.

Fixed that for you.

Personally, I've had enough of:

- His poor tactics

- His poor timing of subs

- His one-liners in his interviews

- His nice-guy approach

...The list goes on.

He will always be in the rovers history books for his cup win and I'm sure all rovers fans will be extremely grateful that he gave us that phenomenal Day/Weekend. But its time for him to move on.

He also doesn't hold high hope for our youth system either clearly. Mckeown has shown he really is an extremely poor footballer, people constantly say that we don't have anyone else to cover that position. We have our under 19 LB ( Ford is his name I think), give him a shot, can't do much worse than Mckeown. Hills on the bench, if he isn't fit, don't put him on the bench, if he is fit, play him, Perry is a bombscare. If we, as fans can see that, is it not a bit worrying if the man who we're meant to have faith in can't see that!

Time to call it a day Murray!

Personally, I've had enough of:

- His poor tactics

- His poor timing of subs

- His one-liners in his interviews

- His nice-guy approach

...The list goes on.

He will always be in the rovers history books for his cup win and I'm sure all rovers fans will be extremely grateful that he gave us that phenomenal Day/Weekend. But its time for him to move on.

He also doesn't hold high hope for our youth system either clearly. Mckeown has shown he really is an extremely poor footballer, people constantly say that we don't have anyone else to cover that position. We have our under 19 LB ( Ford is his name I think), give him a shot, can't do much worse than Mckeown. Hills on the bench, if he isn't fit, don't put him on the bench, if he is fit, play him, Perry is a bombscare. If we, as fans can see that, is it not a bit worrying if the man who we're meant to have faith in can't see that!

Time to call it a day Murray!

Is there something in the FFP?

Is this a 'get in early' post ahead of tomorrow's game?

Is this just 'the drink' talking?

Is there something in the FFP?

Is this a 'get in early' post ahead of tomorrow's game?

Is this just 'the drink' talking?

Possibly the drink talking, there's nothing in the FFP, but as for 'get in early' post, after Watsons comments about us going out and scoring goals for fun tomorrow, I've not exactly got much hope for it, that's how upsets happen. In saying that, I'll still be in attendance to support my team, and give murray the weekly abuse at the final whistle if required..

If we win though, it won't be Murrays doing, yet we'll get people come on here spouting p*sh like 'maybe he's learnt from his mistakes, until we get horsed 6-0 next week and those same people will be on saying he's got to go now. He won't win me over now, we could win the scottish cup this year, still won't win me over. He's finished IMO.

Again, probably still the drink.

Perry is a bombscare. If we, as fans can see that, is it not a bit worrying if the man who we're meant to have faith in can't see that!

To be fair on that one I think he knows that. He didn't want to sign him which is why he came in on trial and left - then bad news came in on Hill so we signed him after all. Still think it rather odd we took him, there must've been someone out there who was a better option (Kyle Benedictus signed on loan for Alloa a few days later, for instance) but Ross Perry will play his last game for us when Hill gets back in the line-up.

I thought he was already finished to be honest but then Ellis picked up that injury at Ibrox.

To be fair on that one I think he knows that. He didn't want to sign him which is why he came in on trial and left - then bad news came in on Hill so we signed him after all. Still think it rather odd we took him, there must've been someone out there who was a better option (Kyle Benedictus signed on loan for Alloa a few days later, for instance) but Ross Perry will play his last game for us when Hill gets back in the line-up.

I thought he was already finished to be honest but then Ellis picked up that injury at Ibrox.

Ellis is fit for tomorrow. Be interesting to see what line-up Murray goes for.

The big thing we really need is at least 1 of Nade and Elliot back. I don't think it can be stressed enough that Mark Stewart is not a lone striker and the lack of a partner helps to explain our recent poor form.

What actually happened to Elliot anyway? One week he just wasn't in the squad and that was it.