The New Raith Rovers Thread

Oaft, love the serious clutching at straws here trying to pin the blame on Dunfermline. There's absolutely nothing to indicate our current board would have any issues handing the money over.

The wee teams board screwing over there own fans, glorious.

there, their, they're, Granty ;)

there, their, they're, Granty ;)

:lol: Fair one.

You seem to have difficulty understanding the difference between blame and responsibility.

Neither of which seem to be Dunfermlines fault, certainly I've not heard of any problems with anyone getting refunds from Dunfermline.

Stuart Kettlewell released by Ross County...possibly on Murray's radar? We have plenty of midfield options but has good experience at a higher level?

He'd be a good addition but in all honesty, I think we've got too many center midfielders. At the moment we've got Scott, Moon, Fox and Callachan with Vaughan, Barr and Elliot all able to cover there to some degree. I'd say if anything we should be trying to sign another forward, either permanently or on loan. Wighton from Dundee seemed a popular choice earlier in the summer but nothing materialised.

Wighton has had a better pre Swabian than many expected so is firmly in Dundee's plans hence why nothing materialised. As far as I'm aware he's been on the bench in both games. Foes team football would do him good IMO.

Wouldn't take Wighton anyway. He's far too similar to our own wee Vaughan.

Stuart Kettlewell released by Ross County...possibly on Murray's radar? We have plenty of midfield options but has good experience at a higher level?

Pretty sure I read on the County thread that Kettlewell has been injured for ages and isn't expected to train until January, could be talking pish though.

It is very early days but our new signings look like they are starting to find their feet now. Cuthbert looks like an excellent goalkeeper, Conroy is our top scorer, Stewart looks very lively, and Nade is tough to stop when he's on his game.

Still some question marks over Scott, Perry and McKeown but the latter two have looked more comfortable in the two league games.

Could potentially fund this protest by flogging the "Murray Out" banner from the previous protest to those nice Dumbarton boys.

Probably best that we keep it. Just in case the winter collapse happens again.

Incidently, I was reading on twitter that we've got a ridiculously good record in August for winning games! Good to see it continue!

I'm happy with all the signings so far. Cuthbert looks good at coming to gather the ball and is excellent at making smart decisions in terms of distribution. McKeown had a difficult start but has gradually slotted and seems to have a solid partnership with Conroy. He's not as attacking minded as Booth, but still will do a good job. Perry is rather similar. He doesn't look by any means the disaster we were preached to, even keeping in mind a few nervy moments.

In terms of midfield, Conroy isn't as tricky or pacy as Cardle, but has an excellent eye for goal. He seems reasonably consistent and will try to move forward on the counter a lot. In terms of Jimmy Scott, I think he's been decent enough so far. I think he'll be the type of player who'll relish the bigger games, and it could be a case of where he might have three or four quiet games before having a fantastic 5th. I'd rather have him in my team than not have him. Even his long ranged shot today was a good bit of play.

Nade had his poorest game in terms of decision making today, but still offers us a base to build upon with the ball on the deck. He's throw defenders off with his movement and cause problems on that front. He's shown he has it in him on his day to offer us some top class finishing. We just need to ensure we play to his strengths by keeping the ball on the deck.

One of the Falkirk fans described Stewart as a speedboat without a driver, but I think that is exactly what we need. He's good at moving into space and offering an option on a through ball. Hopefully we can get him back to the Mark Stewart of 2010/2011 who was free-scoring.