The New Raith Rovers Thread

Well I would go back in there if it were open.

But again, this season aside, the crowds were going to get for the foreseeable future just don't justify the cost of opening an extra stand every week, even if you were able to use this season's windfall to fund the initial cost of refurbishment.

It'd be nice to have the Railway Stand ready for use for big games, but it can't and wouldn't be open on a regular basis for home crowds of 1500. For matches like derbies etc it'd be grand however - even if the South Stand wasn't likely to be full. Much in the same way the Pars open their NE Stand for bigger home games but usually have it closed.

If it's cost-effective then I'd be delighted to see it happen, but it all comes down to money. Would be a daft thing to lose money on.

It looks that way already neebs - rarely ever more than a third full.

We actually commented on how empty the home end looked on Saturday, it did fill up a bit by the game starting but when we got in it looked like it would be lucky to break 1,000.

would have thought the cost of both south stand and home section of railway stand being open would be minimal,stewarding for instance which we seem to have in abundance would be split between the two,yes leccy would be required during the winter

I'm not sure how much you guys spent on the bit we used but it really just looked like it needed a clean up and the new seats bolted onto the concrete. The style of seating was clearly budget but it was more than adequate. Great view too.

We actually commented on how empty the home end looked on Saturday, it did fill up a bit by the game starting but when we got in it looked like it would be lucky to break 1,000.

I'm not sure how much you guys spent on the bit we used but it really just looked like it needed a clean up and the new seats bolted onto the concrete. The style of seating was clearly budget but it was more than adequate. Great view too.

We are sorry for the cheap seats but please remember who will be using them this season.

_49762324_rangers_fans_766.jpg

Perhaps an upgrade at a later date for our other visitors

ETA lol is that Dundee Loyal Union flag upside down? Some Loyalist when you don't even know which way up your flag goes or maybe just a sign of SEVCO in distress

Edited by San Starko Rover

We are sorry for the cheap seats but please remember who will be using them this season.

I wasn't complaining! I don't see the point in spending loads on fancy fold away seats, I like the Rovers slap-dash approach of nailing some plastic to the concrete. Nae fuckin' aboot.

_49762324_rangers_fans_766.jpg

ETA lol is that Dundee Loyal Union flag upside down? Some Loyalist when you don't even know which way up your flag goes or maybe just a sign of SEVCO in distress

That's a tremendous spot by the way! +1 to you sir ;)

Bought Unthinkable! today for my Dad's birthday. Hopefully get along to Waterstones next Thursday for the book signing with Gordon Dalziel as well.

Was hoping to get it at the Dunbarton game but forgot cash. Does anyone know if there will be another chance to get it before the book signing apart from ordering it online? I would imagine there would be some on sale next Thursday if not right?

Was hoping to get it at the Dunbarton game but forgot cash. Does anyone know if there will be another chance to get it before the book signing apart from ordering it online? I would imagine there would be some on sale next Thursday if not right?

I think it's on sale at every home game.

Unthinkable will be on sale at the Supporters Trust table at every home game and will be on sale at the Open Day on Sunday. I'm also bringing some along to Alloa on Saturday already for someone else so will have a box of books in my car if anyone wants one. Just send me a DM. It's also in Waterstones and online on Amazon but if you buy direct from me then the club gets much more money. The profits from book sales are going to the club.

The Daz event on 28 Aug is free and you get a free pie and beer but you need to get tickets from Waterstones in Kirkcaldy as space in the shop is limited.

Cheers

Steven

The terms and conditions on the back of the ticket give a 14 day time limit.

(But, ultimately, although Raith were handling it because it made things easier, it's not their responsibility in any case, it's Dunfermline's. Might be worth checking with them to see if they're still honouring refunds.)

Seems like a poor stance. However we have to bear in mind the club who holds the money - are the Rovers perhaps unwilling to hand out money just now as they haven't received, or indeed don't expect to receive any time soon, the money from Dunfermline? Imagine it would seriously mess with cash flow handing out a load of refunds with no guarantee of the money coming back in soon.

Just a thought. In general you're entirely right - I'd be fuming. Well worth an email/phone call to someone higher up than the office staff who are, after all, merely following orders.

Oaft, love the serious clutching at straws here trying to pin the blame on Dunfermline. There's absolutely nothing to indicate our current board would have any issues handing the money over.

The wee teams board screwing over there own fans, glorious.