The New Raith Rovers Thread

Sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere, but I was just having a belated look at the bbc's season preview, and they seem to think that Gary Glen has already moved on. Or at least, he's mentioned as "former Raith Rover man Gary Glen" in the Livi section. He'll be missed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/27793738

Looks like the BBC have fallen for the 'patter' on here!

Edited by liam_barnett

Sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere, but I was just having a belated look at the bbc's season preview, and they seem to think that Gary Glen has already moved on. Or at least, he's mentioned as "former Raith Rover man Gary Glen" in the Livi section. He'll be missed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/27793738

I see someone named Billy Vidler has apparently signed for East Stirling after leaving us. I've never heard of him.

They also predict both Livi and Alloa will finish 8th so no play-offs this year.

They have Alloa finishing 9th.

Hope Cup-tie Cardle does well at Dundee. Sad to see that Gary Glen has left us.

Edited by Scary Bear

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not in this thread but the club were refusing to give any refunds to people who had Pars tickets if they were unable to get to the club office after the match last Tuesday.

I don't live or work in Kirkcaldy, couldn't make the game last Tuesday and first chance I had to return ticket was on Saturday. I was told that they were simply not offering refunds to anyone anymore and I wasn't the first person to have been refused it.

Not sure how others feel about this but to say I was/still am unhappy is putting it kindly. I never bought a ticket in the lead up as I didn't see a point. There was always going to be a cash gate.

The club announced after the postponement that:-

Any Raith Rovers supporter who is in possession of a match ticket, but is now unable to attend the rescheduled match, may hand in that ticket to obtain a full refund at Stark’s Park (normal office hours Mon – Thu 9 – 4; Fri 9 – 1)

There is no mention here of a time limit of saying they must be returned before the re-arranged match. As I said I was unable to attend this and get to the club office prior to Saturday's match. If there had been a caveat then fair enough but to simply refuse I think is wrong. There was a guy behind me in the queue who couldn't believe it either.

I'm a season ticket holder, travel to many away games and own both home and away tops. I've spent a lot of money on the Rovers over the years and to have a simple "no refunds now" along with the tone in which it was given will make me question how much money I continue to hand over. I even refused to buy a pie when I got into the ground and I was bloody hungry!

I'm interested to hear if anyone else has been refused a refund (I was told other had been) and if you think the club are right. If I came back several weeks later and tried then fair enough but to refuse on Saturday with no mention of this on the official website I think shows the club in a bad light,

Edited by Ding Dang Doo

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not in this thread but the club were refusing to give any refunds to people who had Pars tickets if they were unable to get to the club office after the match last Tuesday.

I don't live or work in Kirkcaldy, couldn't make the game last Tuesday and first chance I had to return ticket was on Saturday. I was told that they were simply not offering refunds to anyone anymore and I wasn't the first person to have been refused it.

Not sure how others feel about this but to say I was/still am unhappy is putting it kindly. I never bought a ticket in the lead up as I didn't see a point. There was always going to be a cash gate.

The club announced after the postponement that:-

There is no mention here of a time limit of saying they must be returned before the re-arranged match. As I said I was unable to attend this and get to the club office prior to Saturday's match. If there had been a caveat then fair enough but to simply refuse I think is wrong. There was a guy behind me in the queue who couldn't believe it either.

I'm a season ticket holder, travel to many away games and own both home and away tops. I've spent a lot of money on the Rovers over the years and to have a simple "no refunds now" along with the tone in which it was given will make me question how much money I continue to hand over. I even refused to buy a pie when I got into the ground and I was bloody hungry!

I'm interested to hear if anyone else has been refused a refund (I was told other had been) and if you think the club are right. If I came back several weeks later and tried then fair enough but to refuse on Saturday with no mention of this on the official website I think shows the club in a bad light,

I think that's a ridiculous stance from the club to be honest.

I see someone named Billy Vidler has apparently signed for East Stirling after leaving us. I've never heard of him.

Billy Vidler played with the academy u15's team and left the club over two years ago

Edited by starks mad

The terms and conditions on the back of the ticket give a 14 day time limit.

(But, ultimately, although Raith were handling it because it made things easier, it's not their responsibility in any case, it's Dunfermline's. Might be worth checking with them to see if they're still honouring refunds.)

The terms and conditions on the back of the ticket give a 14 day time limit.

(But, ultimately, although Raith were handling it because it made things easier, it's not their responsibility in any case, it's Dunfermline's. Might be worth checking with them to see if they're still honouring refunds.)

The 14 day limit is from the day the re-arranged fixture is announced meaning that it finished yesterday. However see your point that that is probably Dunfermline's terms and conditions. Not worth it to head over there as it would probably cost me £5 in fuel just to get it.

My real gripe with the club is that if they announce they will offer refunds, with no time limit specified, and then refuse I think it's a poor stance and way to treat fans.

I'll still head to games home and away but just leaves a slightly bitter taste in the mouth

I take the point, totally.

I ended up going into hospitality at the rearranged game, and never got round to claiming the refund on my previous ticket either. (By and large, I don't begrudge lower league clubs the money.)

Agree....

A full explanatory email to the club should have been your first response and if you keep the language neutral in tone it is far more likely to receive a sympathetic reply. It may well be that you still don't get the refund as it's Dunfermlines' ultimate responsibility.

However, also agree that there should be far more accurate statements put on the website regarding any situation where ticket refunds might be happening so as to avoid the bad will that can (and has) happened.

You may not get your money back SB, but maybe it will bring about an improvement in how these events get handled in future.

Seems like a poor stance. However we have to bear in mind the club who holds the money - are the Rovers perhaps unwilling to hand out money just now as they haven't received, or indeed don't expect to receive any time soon, the money from Dunfermline? Imagine it would seriously mess with cash flow handing out a load of refunds with no guarantee of the money coming back in soon.

Just a thought. In general you're entirely right - I'd be fuming. Well worth an email/phone call to someone higher up than the office staff who are, after all, merely following orders.

At least they went for some predictions, which forced them to commit themselves. Which is an improvement on the ones that just say something nice but non-commital about everyone.

Majority of the sons fans raving about the Railway Stand.

I'd be interested to know what the cost difference was v. making the south section habitable as well?

We could have given it all over to Rangers (+Hearts & Hibs to if they needed it as well to satisfy demand?) this season then re-posessed it for home fans next season.

Having it ALL full for potentially 6 games would have offset the total cost to redevelop it all.

Increasing the match day experience (which has been woeful of late) for standard run of the mill 1st div games is one way of attracting more paying punters.

Having punters on all sides of the ground + bringing 2 sets of fans closer together increases atmosphere/ match day experience.

A significant number of home fans would welcome the opportunity to move back in there.