The New Raith Rovers Thread

My main concern is more the fact we managed a whopping four points from a possible thirty six, a third of all available points, in matches against this season's top three of Dundee, Hamilton and Falkirk. Obviously Dundee and Hamilton are gone but if we get a similar return from the expected top three of Rangers, Hibs and Hearts as well as Falkirk, we're in serious danger before we've even played anyone else.

We're going to have to withstand some serious pressure in over a third of our away matches next season, and indeed many of our home games. This should be reflected in the signings Murray makes - I appreciate we've maintained three CM's from last season (proven failures at protecting the back four in the league) and it appears Craig Barr can play there too but I'd be looking to bring in a defensive midfield player to do a job. One thing that frustrated me greatly last season was our refusal to adapt to the oppositions tactics/strengths. We can't afford that this time round.

In an ideal world, we should still bring in a first-choice left back, a versatile defender in the Donaldson/McCann/Mullen mould for cover, a strong midfielder, two possibly three wingers/wide midfielders (one of them has to be a defensive wide midfielder, like say Mark Ferry often was with the Rovers), and two possibly three strikers depending on Spence. One of whom has to be of the Baird/Tade type, quick and confident on the ball as we'll be needing an outball in an awful lot of games.

This will be an exciting league next season, we'll make a lot of money from it and hopefully we should get a few famous moments thrown in for good measure. But it'd be foolhardy to build a team that can only play one way. We need to build a squad that can adapt to these games where we'll be on the back foot, as although we performed terrifically against all three of the 'big' clubs coming into the league, we know from experience this current crop are incapable of doing it on anything even approaching a consistent basis.

spoke to a few Cowden fans and they rated him as their POTY, and said they would be gutted to lose him....

From what i saw in the Playoffs, looks a big phyiscal guy who looked really comfortable at the back. I;d be happy adding him to the squad

Paws off.

Turnbull really does have a bee in his bonnet, eh? Turned a "why did we concede so many goals" question into "we're running this club well, we're making a profit".

I think it's more to do with the fact the players don't seem to understand how to defend a corner, Turnbull.

Turnbull really does have a bee in his bonnet, eh? Turned a "why did we concede so many goals" question into "we're running this club well, we're making a profit".

I think it's more to do with the fact the players don't seem to understand how to defend a corner, Turnbull.

At last, someone who is beginning to see things as they are :o

Some of us have been trying to point this out for ages to be met with hostility and derision.

Running the club well is what we would hope for, but running the club well without running the team well will only last so long.

I see there will be no word on the Greig spence front for the next week or so, as he flies out to Tenerife this morning.

Nows our chance to go out and get our strike force sorted and let spence know, he's no longer needed when he gets back.

It would be a sad day indeed if we're actually holding off to find out what his decision is.

It would be a sad day indeed if we're actually holding off to find out what his decision is.

At the minute, there's not even any rumours of players we're looking at and the season's been finished for almost a month..

We have 8 players signed on and 3 of those 8 weren't first team 11 last season either.

We're needing to find out which players are going to sign up before we can see which positions still need covered..

The lack of news is a bit worrying regarding Watson and Mcgurn.

If Hearts end up taking McGovern from Falkirk like rumoured, then Falkirk may end up taking Mcgurn from us ( I know unlikely but still possible), and I wouldn't be confident at all with Robinson in goals for us.

I thought that was a good and helpful interview on RRTV, well done Davie Hancock.

I am sure there will be a number of folk take heart from the views,, about good and bad times this season past, that were expressed by TB and the others.

Reassuring to know these guys have their feet on the ground for the coming season.

Edited by Wee Sandy

Some of us have been trying to point this out for ages to be met with hostility and derision.

Running the club well is what we would hope for, but running the club well without running the team well will only last so long.

Oh woe is you :lol:

We're needing to find out which players are going to sign up before we can see which positions still need covered..

Fairly certain that the manager will know by now who is staying or going. Contingency plans will be in place for any player who decides to leave.

There's still about two and a half months until the season begins.

Can everybody calm their tits?

Fairly certain that the manager will know by now who is staying or going. Contingency plans will be in place for any player who decides to leave.

There's still about two and a half months until the season begins.

Can everybody calm their tits?

Andy, I'm having difficulty sleeping over this serious matter. I thought it was just my young son keeping me awake half the night, but I've now realised that really it's the Rovers.

Is there a more serious situation on the planet today? Will Greig Spence sign up or leave? What about Watson? I'm in bits! The St. Johnstone and York City friendlies are only weeks away. Help me!

Andy - you're gonna have to release another wee nugget of info on this signing news you have inside track on. Some people here are set to burst into flames very shortly. In the meantime can everyone just calm doon?

Oh woe is you :lol:

The tragedy of the misunderstood.

Andy - you're gonna have to release another wee nugget of info on this signing news you have inside track on. Some people here are set to burst into flames very shortly. In the meantime can everyone just calm doon?

Thought of giving a cryptic clue but my self awareness kicked in and I realised that my first postings on this matter made me a huge enough c**t already.

Sure it'll be news soon.