The New Raith Rovers Thread

Disappointing stuff about Baird but no need to press the panic button just yet. There will be lots of coming and goings over the summer and the team will take shape eventually. I know it is all about opinions but with the Championship shaping up the way it is anyone talking about not renewing their season ticket is crazy. Also the folk talking about us being automatically relegated are forgetting that we'll have a Hartley less Alloa and Cowden (mins Hemmings and Stewart) in our league. Keep the heid people

Disappointing stuff about Baird but no need to press the panic button just yet. There will be lots of coming and goings over the summer and the team will take shape eventually. I know it is all about opinions but with the Championship shaping up the way it is anyone talking about not renewing their season ticket is crazy. Also the folk talking about us being automatically relegated are forgetting that we'll have a Hartley less Alloa and Cowden (mins Hemmings and Stewart) in our league. Keep the heid people

We could also do ourselves a favour and pinch one or two players from both Cowden and Alloa, although I would hate to do that to Cowden because they're my absolute favourite team just now. :wub:

Mega pissed off that Baird is away. Came, saw, buggered off again.

Nearly burst into tears when that photo of him shaking McIntyre's hand was posted.

Never mind. :(

Murray has his work cut out replacing him though. Hope he casts his net wide and catches the next Nacho Novo or Didier Agathe.

Ross Callachan posting on Twitter he's signed a new deal. Decent enough news but I hope given Moon and Fox have already re-signed, that we're not planning on going with the exact same midfield as last season. Surely not...

That's my fear as well. We'd need someone else in there to shake it up a bit.

Disappointed about Baird, thought we might have held onto him. Does make you wonder if our crap form played a part in his decision or if it was down to financial reasons.

This Megginson guy sounds interesting - 12 goals from out wide is a good return. This could go the same way as the Linton rumour though I suppose.

I take a completely different view to Baird leaving. We signed him once and he left for more money and a chance at the SPL. He proved he couldn't cut it at that level for 2 teams and his career was going absolutely nowhere until we rescued him in January. He has shown absolutely nothing to this club and his decision to go and effectively sign for one of our rivals next season shows all his badge kissing and his cup final celebration was just all for show.

He clearly wanted to sign for the Pars a few seasons ago and has held a slight ill feeling towards us since then. Was told by a reliable source that both himself and our board took a bit of convincing for a contact to be signed in January.

No best wishes from me and nothing against Queens here. But basically Baird is a little twat!

I take a completely different view to Baird leaving. We signed him once and he left for more money and a chance at the SPL. He proved he couldn't cut it at that level for 2 teams and his career was going absolutely nowhere until we rescued him in January. He has shown absolutely nothing to this club and his decision to go and effectively sign for one of our rivals next season shows all his badge kissing and his cup final celebration was just all for show.

He clearly wanted to sign for the Pars a few seasons ago and has held a slight ill feeling towards us since then. Was told by a reliable source that both himself and our board took a bit of convincing for a contact to be signed in January.

No best wishes from me and nothing against Queens here. But basically Baird is a little twat!

I'm with you; I've always thought he's over rated. He does lots of running and puts in a shift but he's a mediocre striker IMO. I wouldnt put him in the same bracket as Carl Hawley, a similar type of player. It was worth having him for scoring the winning cup goal, and will be remembered here for that, but he's no big loss.

PS - His hypocritical badge kissing got up my nose at the time too.

Edited by Big Berk

He's a wee ned with a shite attitude. Are you really that surprised?