The New Raith Rovers Thread

Twelve goals in 44 Dumbarton appearance last season isn't exactly jaw-dropping (especially given how many they score) but I'd be happier to see Megginson sign than Smith or Spence.

Losing Baird is an absolute catastrophe. Very surprised we've allowed that to happen - Queen of the South being closer to his house should be utterly irrelevant, we should've been making an offer he couldn't refuse. Very disappointed, particularly given the way we took him back after his setbacks with Dundee and Partick, and indeed the way he's made himself into a hero for the cup goal. However, given the form since he returned, can you really blame him? Seems Watson and Cardle are looking elsewhere too. Which is what happens when you win three in fucking twenty. Manager's fault I'm afraid, no other way about it.

Long way to go this summer but the early signs aren't good at all.

Edited by Paco

Twelve goals in 44 Dumbarton appearance last season isn't exactly jaw-dropping (especially given how many they score) but I'd be happier to see Megginson sign than Smith or Spence.

Losing Baird is an absolute catastrophe. Very surprised we've allowed that to happen - Queen of the South being closer to his house should be utterly irrelevant, we should've been making an offer he couldn't refuse. Very disappointed, particularly given the way we took him back after his setbacks with Dundee and Partick, and indeed the way he's made himself into a hero for the cup goal. However, given the form since he returned, can you really blame him? Seems Watson and Cardle are looking elsewhere too. Which is what happens when you win three in fucking twenty. Manager's fault I'm afraid, no other way about it.

Long way to go this summer but the early signs aren't good at all.

Not heard anything about that, what's the story?

It's a blow losing Baird, but Elliot was doing great for us last season until he got injured. If he can get some form back then we won't miss Baird that much. Most of Baird's goals last season were consolation efforts, but he did score the vital winners against QoS and Rangers. Good luck to him at QoS. If it doesn't work out for him he might be back at Stark's in the future.

Not heard anything about that, what's the story?

I was only really going from the chat earlier in the thread, no insider info or anything. There's bound to be a few clubs sniffing round him, and I got the impression giving him the captains armband in the last few games of the season when Thomson was out may be some kind of attempt to persuade him to stay.

Ross Callachan posting on Twitter he's signed a new deal. Decent enough news but I hope given Moon and Fox have already re-signed, that we're not planning on going with the exact same midfield as last season. Surely not...

Edited by Paco

I was only really going from the chat earlier in the thread, no insider info or anything. There's bound to be a few clubs sniffing round him, and I got the impression giving him the captains armband in the last few games of the season when Thomson was out may be some kind of attempt to persuade him to stay.

Kind of what I figured as well, inducement to stay. Hopefully with Barr signing that might make Watson want to stick around, obviously played together before so might make a difference. Cardle will see what is going, that much is certain, if he does sign back it'll be late on in the summer. Losing Baird is a blow but I'm glad we've got Elliot. Expect at least one, if not both of Spence and Smith to be away already, neither were probably happy with how things have gone and not sure Murray would be busting a gut to keep them (even though in both cases you'd swear there was a decent player in there).

Oddly no one seems to have a beat on whether Anderson was offered anything or if he is looking elsewhere,

Gutted to lose Baird, him cardle moon McGurn and Watson were all names I wanted to see us sign and build the team around and so far only Moon from that. If Cardle and Watson go elswhere it's quite worrying from our point of view.

Hopefully Murray doesn't just panic and keep Spence and Smith. Jim Mcintyre has finally got his man though. Wish him all best, except against us, will alway remember that goal against the sevco, but its disappointing considering how we gave him game time after his spell at Partick. Onwards and upwards though!

Ross Callachan posting on Twitter he's signed a new deal. Decent enough news but I hope given Moon and Fox have already re-signed, that we're not planning on going with the exact same midfield as last season. Surely not...

We definitely need another body in there, someone who plays a different type of game. Moon and Callachan are both box to box midfielders who'll win and recycle the ball but neither naturally plays to far up the pitch, Fox is decent sitting deeper (when fit) and keeps the ball moving but if we are going to, as the board said, try to play more different styles of football that would surely mean having someone who could sit further up.

Cardle will see what is going, that much is certain, if he does sign back it'll be late on in the summer.

Cardle came out just before the season finished and said that whatever happens, he wants to have a contract in place by mid-may so he can then go and enjoy his summer.

I'm still hopeful that he'll stick around for next year for the big games which he seems to turn up for..

Cardle came out just before the season finished and said that whatever happens, he wants to have a contract in place by mid-may so he can then go and enjoy his summer.

I'm still hopeful that he'll stick around for next year for the big games which he seems to turn up for..

He's also on holiday at the moment so is unlikely to be signing anything for anyone at the moment (not that it means he hasn't decided to go elsewhere mnd you)