The New Raith Rovers Thread

Cardle interesting QoS.

He's said he would like to sign again for us, he just needs to look at the terms. He's got a young kid now, a house in Dunfermline and isn't too far away. He seems settled at the club and has enjoyed his time. Queens fans have tried a fair wee bit in the past to link Cardle to them.

I'd be very happy with Cardle signing, yes he's inconsistent and what have you but is there really a chance of there being a much better winger out there ready to sign? I doubt it. He's a very decent player, I'm sure his reputation as it were has hampered how some fans view him, expectations were high.

You clearly have a firm grasp of how such things work. Berk.

Not a scooby. I havent been following the televised stuff. I would expect tho that Rangers and Hearts, who'll almost certainly will feature most on the telly will expect a bigger cut than us minnows. I cant imagine that hasnt been raised.

Not a scooby. I havent been following the televised stuff. I would expect tho that Rangers and Hearts, who'll almost certainly will feature most on the telly will expect a bigger cut than us minnows. I cant imagine that hasnt been raised.

Maybe just reading the last dozen or so posts in the actual thread you posted on would have helped? Just a thought.

From Leyton Orient (London) to QoS (Dumfries). :lol:

I suppose Dumfries is the South of Scotland.

Who mention leyton orient?as Ryan said his parents are in Lytham and wanted him and the grand kid closer to home

Cardle put in pretty much his only decent league performance of 2014 against Queen of the South in the 3-2 game so that's probably why they're stupid enough to be interested in him.

Who would you have in place of him? Bearing in mind our last few midfielders in that position have been the likes of Joe Hammill and Scott McBride.

Who mention leyton orient?as Ryan said his parents are in Lytham and wanted him and the grand kid closer to home

Leyton Orient was quoted as the destination last summer. Apologies, didn't read that bit about his parents being in Lytham.

I'd much rather Cardle stayed. He is very inconsistent and did seem to save his better performances for the cup, but I don't see who would do a better job in that position from our realistic alternatives. As it is, I'd be looking for another winger if both Anderson and Cardle sign - that isn't a slight on these guys, but we could've done with back up when they were out or off form.

I've not been keeping up with developments outside of this forum, but I believe Dougie Imrie is going to Hamilton. He was a quality and realistic target, and probably the only really good alternative.

Who would you have in place of him? Bearing in mind our last few midfielders in that position have been the likes of Joe Hammill and Scott McBride.

Anyone who concentrates more on his football than his hair would do me. It's pathetic that someone with his attitude is more than likely one of our highest earners.

Anyone who concentrates more on his football than his hair would do me. It's pathetic that someone with his attitude is more than likely one of our highest earners.

In all honesty, we could pick up David Silva and you'd still be moaning. Cardle added a solid number of goals and assists last season and could provide that moment of class to help us out during games. He was nowhere near the top of the list in terms of questionable performers in terms of attitude.

I'd be delighted if he signs back up. Pretty much for the sames reasons as Michael W points out.

In all honesty, we could pick up David Silva and you'd still be moaning. Cardle added a solid number of goals and assists last season and could provide that moment of class to help us out during games. He was nowhere near the top of the list in terms of questionable performers in terms of attitude.

I'd be delighted if he signs back up. Pretty much for the sames reasons as Michael W points out.

The only player with a worse attitude was Elliot but we're stuck with him already for next season.