The New Raith Rovers Thread

There's been a bit of talk now coming from the club about potential new signings so looking forward to seeing who these could be.

Let's hope Watson Hill Booth Cardle and Baird are amongst them.

There's been a bit of talk now coming from the club about potential new signings so looking forward to seeing who these could be.

No chance, he's got a year to run at easter road, and even if they do go down, they will be one of the favourites to go back up, not to mention they probably pay better and he no doubt has somethign to prove there as well. He's been great for us and all the best to him, but I'd be really surprised to se ehim back in the Rovers white*

* for Quinny.

No chance, he's got a year to run at easter road, and even if they do go down, they will be one of the favourites to go back up, not to mention they probably pay better and he no doubt has somethign to prove there as well. He's been great for us and all the best to him, but I'd be really surprised to se ehim back in the Rovers white*

* for Quinny.

Agree here. Booth is a much better player than McGivern is. As much as we'd all like to see him back I reckon Butcher will give him the chance next season. McGivern's had his and blew it big time.

I'd like Murray to get a similar type player. When Booth was on form he was fantastic going forward and I hope whoever we bring in can do likewise. Last thing we want to see is a left back who doesn't cross the half way line.

I'd be happy with a left back thats solid at defending. We will spend more time defending than attacking in most of the games. Similarly I hope we have a more soild midf this season. Attacking winger type players that cant/wont defend are not what we need in a harder div.

Agree here. Booth is a much better player than McGivern is. As much as we'd all like to see him back I reckon Butcher will give him the chance next season. McGivern's had his and blew it big time.

I'd like Murray to get a similar type player. When Booth was on form he was fantastic going forward and I hope whoever we bring in can do likewise. Last thing we want to see is a left back who doesn't cross the half way line.

I wonder if Murray has got in touch with Willie Dyer yet.......

Its going to be an interesting position to fill, providing Cardle signs on if we don't get a left back as adventureous as Booth was will that hamper our attacking play down that side or would we look to maybe play Cardle on the right to make us a bit more solid?

Not fussed either way on Cardle. If he signs, fine - but I'd sooner keep Anderson, if it were to be a choice.

Be great if we could keep Booth, but I'm assuming that won't happen.

We'll only get Booth if we're prepared to buy him. Even if Hibs stay up there's bound to be a lot of players leaving, and I'd imagine Booth will be given a chance to show what he can do. I would be happy if we made a bid for him, but I think we will use the money even a modest bid would cost for another wage, which is fair enough.

It would be good to keep Cardle but I won't be surprised if he has an offer from elsewhere. Hoping for some positive news tonight.

We'll only get Booth if we're prepared to buy him. Even if Hibs stay up there's bound to be a lot of players leaving, and I'd imagine Booth will be given a chance to show what he can do. I would be happy if we made a bid for him, but I think we will use the money even a modest bid would cost for another wage, which is fair enough.

It would be good to keep Cardle but I won't be surprised if he has an offer from elsewhere. Hoping for some positive news tonight.

Cardle interesting QoS.

Hmmm with cardle wanting to move down south maybe QOS would be a compromise

When Cardle was asked a couple of days ago, in an interview " Could you see yourself remaining at the rovers for next season?" His exact words were "100%". I reckon that he's not going anywhere with the fact that he's actually enjoying his football again at the rovers, he also mentioned that he feels that he owes the club big time. The only player that I'm starting to worry about now is Baird so I hope that we hear some news regarding him soon.

Isn't cardle quite settled in fife just had a bairn as well

He is, I'm sure he mentioned last summer even though he wanted to move down south, his missus wanted to raise the bairn in Fife( god knows why) therefore he won't leave fife which is why we got the pleasure to watch him week in - week out.