The New Raith Rovers Thread

Fixed it for you.

And the record books will always show Dunfermline as the champions, gutted for you.

Very good. Shame you suffered the indignity of an administration and two successive humiliating relegations as a result of it. Then in turn watching as we played you off the park earlier in the season as we knocked out the first of the debt cheats on our way to the Ramsden's Cup. That and taking your best player as we turned over a profit...

4184010397.jpg

The Ramsden cup? f**k knows how we'll ever recover from losing that game tbh. I'm sure the Ramsden cup game made up for the title deciding game? You know the one played in front of a full house, biggest derby in recent history?

At least you won in the Ramsden cup though!

Joe Cardle was our best player? Wooooow.

And the record books will always show Dunfermline as the champions, gutted for you.

The Ramsden cup? f**k knows how we'll ever recover from losing that game tbh. I'm sure the Ramsden cup game made up for the title deciding game? You know the one played in front of a full house, biggest derby in recent history?

^^^^^^Absolutely seething

Its good to see that you've taken the descent down the leagues well. Winning a derby is always good, and to do so while winning a league in the process would've been nice. However, it would have absolutely ruined our club in terms of finances due to the infrastructural costs from the SPL and their requirements. Instead, we carried on plugging away maintaining the status quo until Rangers went tits up and our chairman managed to lead the way for change.

Regardless of how you look at it, we've come out stronger than before. Unlike yourselves, we've managed to maintain our dignity while reducing our debt. You might have won the league, but I'm sure any Rovers fans would say that things have worked out in our favour. I'm sure that winning that game was good for you. But for us, beating Sevco to send the likes of McCoist, Mohsni and McCulloch away greeting alongside 16,000 of their horde enraged was something else. I won't speak for anybody else, but I'm far happier that we won that game than the derby.

Regardless...

48208704.jpg

Davo? Really? We finally have a few really good youth prospects (who should develop into better players than Davo with the right coaching) and you want to bring back a player who split the support with his 60 yard wonder passes out of play or his poor tackling. Id hate to get back into the "he's just a committed player" debate after going 2 footed into someone again..

On the positive front the signing news all round is good. Sure Fox is a bit strange but im hoping he is more there as backup to whoever we bring in as Callachan is used as Moon's understudy. We now need to focus on resigning Anderson, Cardle, McGurn, Baird as well as Hill and Watson. If we can do that il be delighted we have a solid core to work with

I'd love to see Davo back but it won't happen. Dundee are supposedly making him an improved offer as he's been a stalwart for them this season. The fans rate him more highly than we ever did.

Find it laughable those criticising Davidson when we,ve re-signed Fox

I think it's because we've re-signed Fox that makes us baulk at the suggestion of Davo coming back. I wouldn't fancy those 2 in central midfield any time Moon is injured/suspended.

**shudders**

Levein maybe joining Hearts again (on bbc sport)

Davo can bolt, fanny of a guy.

Hard work and experience could easily make Callachan a better player than Davo ever was or will be

Yup confirmed now but as director of football with Robbie Neilson as coach. Let alot of players go as well including McDonald, Stevenson and Hamill.. Makes for interesting reading

I'd love to see Davo back but it won't happen. Dundee are supposedly making him an improved offer as he's been a stalwart for them this season. The fans rate him more highly than we ever did.

A quick look at the Dundee thread on here suggests they don't rate him particularly highly at all.

Interesting that the first thing the new management team at Hearts did was punt their only three senior players, including one who was under contract. Sounds like cost cutting...

I thought Davidson was absolutely diabolical on every occasion I saw him this season (only twice, in fairness). An absolute liability, playing centre back. Should've been sent off in the game we lost the unbeaten record.

We don't want him and he doesn't want us. Absolutely delighted if that's the situation. An absolute fud of a man.

Listening to jamie hamills interview last night on the news. He said he had a feeling a couple of wks ago that he had a feeling he would be released and had already started planning for the future. Probably why Murray was talking to him last wk.

To be fair there hasn't been any confirmation that Murray has indeed been talking/looking to sign Hamill. It's all, as you'd expect at this stage, speculation.

can't stand the wee rat but he does have the ability and is a good leader on the park. Not sure how I'd feel if we were in for him. Whoever we go for will need to be a ball winner in the middle of the park and hamill fits the bill but he'll probably end up at Dundee anyway. There's a long summer ahead again of speculation and hurry up and wait.

To be fair there hasn't been any confirmation that Murray has indeed been talking/looking to sign Hamill. It's all, as you'd expect at this stage, speculation.

Thank god its merely speculation, for 1 we can't afford his wages and 2 he's a bellend. If he wants to play in the championship he'll more than likely sign for Sevco. I'd rather we went for some good part timers to bulk up the squad. I really liked Jesus Garcia Tena when he played for Livi, but i think he's re-signed with Hamilton. Wonder what the situation is with The Witch, is he training yet or still injured!

Its good to see that you've taken the descent down the leagues well. Winning a derby is always good, and to do so while winning a league in the process would've been nice. However, it would have absolutely ruined our club in terms of finances due to the infrastructural costs from the SPL and their requirements. Instead, we carried on plugging away maintaining the status quo until Rangers went tits up and our chairman managed to lead the way for change.

Regardless of how you look at it, we've come out stronger than before. Unlike yourselves, we've managed to maintain our dignity while reducing our debt. You might have won the league, but I'm sure any Rovers fans would say that things have worked out in our favour. I'm sure that winning that game was good for you. But for us, beating Sevco to send the likes of McCoist, Mohsni and McCulloch away greeting alongside 16,000 of their horde enraged was something else. I won't speak for anybody else, but I'm far happier that we won that game than the derby.

Regardless...

48208704.jpg

What he said. That defeat was gutting at the time but with hindsight it was a bullet dodged for the club.