The New Raith Rovers Thread

Davidson would be a howler of a signing but I do think if he's free, we'll try to sign him.

Very happy with all the signings, except perhaps Fox - happy however if we have him and Callachan supporting Moon and a newbie. That'd be a capable enough centre midfield.

Hopefully Watson resigns, he and Barr would be a good pairing I think. Wonder if we've offered hill a deal? I imagine we will, personally would be delighted to see him start the season as back-up.

Surprised at the amount of 'not bothered' verdicts on Thomson, I think he does an invaluable job of carrying the ball forward which nobody else except occasionally Anderson seems happy to do. And if Murray didn't tell Elliot in no uncertain terms if he doesn't sort his discipline it's his last Rovers contract then I'd be very disappointed.

Baird, McGurn and Watson next please....

Was at the East Fife v Clyde game and Clydes number 7 (Scott Ferguson I think) was excellent. Only a young lad but a real threat, took players on and had a go. Took his goal well. Probably wouldn't command a big wage and could be a game changer from the bench. Hope Murrays having a look at guys like this, some real gems in the lower leagues.

Was at the East Fife v Clyde game and Clydes number 7 (Scott Ferguson I think) was excellent. Only a young lad but a real threat, took players on and had a go. Took his goal well. Probably wouldn't command a big wage and could be a game changer from the bench. Hope Murrays having a look at guys like this, some real gems in the lower leagues.

What like were the ex Rovers?

What like were the ex Rovers?

Both Mcbride and Smith took their goals well but were not that impressive other than that. Smith showed some ability in glimpses but sadly isn't the player he was a couple seasons ago. Clarke didn't even get a look in.

Both Mcbride and Smith took their goals well but were not that impressive other than that. Smith showed some ability in glimpses but sadly isn't the player he was a couple seasons ago. Clarke didn't even get a look in.

I can't understand why Clarke has struggled so much there. I thought he'd be a great signing for them.

I'd take Davidson back.

I can understand a lot of the arguments put against, but I think it speaks volumes that when he left the club, he took a step up. He went at the same time and to the same place as John Baird, and was infinitely more successful.

We talked a lot this season about a lack of strength in depth, and a lack of senior players in the dressing room. Davidson addresses both of those points. He can cover more than one position, and he's about as solid a First Division player as you'll find. He's also captained the Rovers for a number of years, and won consecutive Players' Player of the Year awards, which says a lot for his influence in a dressing room.

I would say that if I was in charge of recruitment, and I had a shot of getting Davidson, I probably wouldn't retain Fox as well, but Fox, Moon, Callachan and Davidson would give us a very solid centre to build a team around.

What's the official party line regarding the Cowden vs. Pars playoff? I would quite like the Pars to come back up, but I think it might stick in the craw of many.

Hopefully Cowden for me. Partly because it would be funny to see the Pars left on the outside looking in next season but mainly because we've probably got more chance of staying up in a league with 3 part time sides in it.

I think Cowden have got a good chance as well.

What's the official party line regarding the Cowden vs. Pars playoff? I would quite like the Pars to come back up, but I think it might stick in the craw of many.

I'd like Cowden to win, they deserve it for me given some of the results they've had this year & I also don't think the Pars have been punished enough yet for years of financial cheating.

Its a tricky one next season avoiding relegation has to be the goal so from that respect cowden are the better option. However the pars will bring better supports and it's a bigger derby.

Straight choice between the two, I'd have the Pars. Our recent record against Cowdenbeath is pretty rank. 1 win in 8 games.

I'd rather the Pars for the bigger occasion when we play them but if Cowden play their cards right re finances next season if they stay up, they could be sorted for a good while.

I'd say I'm 51% in favour of the Pars coming up.

I'd like Cowden to win, they deserve it for me given some of the results they've had this year & I also don't think the Pars have been punished enough yet for years of financial cheating.

This x100. Financially it would make sense for us to want the pars but we've had a few good years financially and will do next year too with or without Dunfermline. I quite like Cowdenbeath as an away day too. Doesn't really put me up nor down though.

Imrie would be that wide player we're looking for - there's no telling if Cardle and Anderson will still be here next season, but I'd be very happy if they were and we signed Imrie. Even if one of them leaves, he's a very capable replacement. He's a decent goalscorer as well, and I'm not sure there are really any better wingers available to us within our budget.

Davidson can be kept well away from Starks, thank you very much. He's a poor midfielder who offers very little, although I fear we'll end up with him because no one else will sign him. I'll be furious if we re-sign him; it really will be taking a step back three years.

Hopefully some of last year's players will re-sign in the next few days, namely McGurn, Watson and Baird. I wouldn't be surprised if the latter two have other offers, but I'm hopeful they'll sign. The release of Spence and Smith would be nice too.

Imrie would be that wide player we're looking for - there's no telling if Cardle and Anderson will still be here next season, but I'd be very happy if they were and we signed Imrie. Even if one of them leaves, he's a very capable replacement. He's a decent goalscorer as well, and I'm not sure there are really any better wingers available to us within our budget.

Davidson can be kept well away from Starks, thank you very much. He's a poor midfielder who offers very little, although I fear we'll end up with him because no one else will sign him. I'll be furious if we re-sign him; it really will be taking a step back three years.

Hopefully some of last year's players will re-sign in the next few days, namely McGurn, Watson and Baird. I wouldn't be surprised if the latter two have other offers, but I'm hopeful they'll sign. The release of Spence and Smith would be nice too.

If we took a step back 3 years we'd just have finished second in the league. Bring back Davo. The wingers can provide the flair and Davo can provide the niggly wee kicks and generally noising up the opposition.

Please God No.

If we sign that c**t Davo I'm Murray out again.

Look on the bright side Enigma, if we sign Davo, we'll probably start beating Cowdenbeath again...if they're still around to beat.

Not a lot of love around these parts for oor Davo.