The New Raith Rovers Thread

The main thing is that the board react swiftly next season when things go wrong. If the first half a dozen games of the season are a continuation of this seasons garbage then a change will be required.

Hopefully Murray gets the message and none of the above is required, but like others I've not got a lot of faith in that.

I like the tone of the article on the website but we're trusting Murray with the transfer budget and style of play going into the most competitive Championship ever. He hasn't shown enough to earn this trust.

I just hope Turnbull and co. know what they're doing. I'll renew my season ticket because I love my club but that's all I have to go on.

That's a cynical view that reveals that you don't fully comprehend what you're commenting on. The statement was required to reassure the fans that everybody at the club from board level to players are not oblivious to the frustrations that the fans are feeling.

Previous statements were patronising and ill-judged which has lead to discontentment growing and the possibility of diminished season ticket sales.

This statement addressed and abated the main aggrievances. The fans are happy to hear it, and it took very little effort from the club. This will ultimately lead to increased season ticket uptake, more dosh for the club, and rosier prospects for next season.

Predictable, maybe. Necessary? Absolutely!

And my cynical side would say the club have said exactly what the fans wanted to hear in an attempt to drive season ticket sales.

Of course your club knows fans are unhappy. Attendances have dropped, boos ring out every game. How could the board not see the failings? Your record is abysmal. Truly shocking.

I'm still not sure what it addressed. It stated the obvious and as of yet nothing has changed. I have a feeling it will be exactly the same next season.

And my cynical side would say the club have said exactly what the fans wanted to hear in an attempt to drive season ticket sales.

Of course your club knows fans are unhappy. Attendances have dropped, boos ring out every game. How could the board not see the failings? Your record is abysmal. Truly shocking.

I'm still not sure what it addressed. It stated the obvious and as of yet nothing has changed. I have a feeling it will be exactly the same next season.

You are of course correct, Raith Rovers will be playing in The Championship 2014/15. which is certain.

Don't buy that one. I wouldn't be happy to see him sign not because he's a complete fud (and he really is, he's not one of those cuddly "he's our arsehole" types like Graham Weir, he really is a moron), but because he's not very good at football.

I doubt we really really need to worry about it though.

I hope.

I like in the statement that the management team were keen to stress their appreciation of the support from the Board. Clearly shitting themselves about getting the boot. Good job they beat Sevco or it was P45 time.

Possibly.

Back in November when we were in a Title fight, finishing outside the top 4 was unimaginable and we had reached a cup final the management were signed up for a further 2 years. I think this is what has saved them as it would cost us 3 or 4 players worth of cash to sack them. Not gonna happen.

As disappointing as our falling off a cliff was, at least the board and management team have acknowledged its not good enough and, imo, identified at least part of the problem. I expect a number if players who just haven't performed or developed as we would've hoped to be allowed to leave with a care of very good players offered deals. There Will be an increased budget to allow a bit more depth to the squad which is good but I hope we bring in some decent experience as we have some good young players.

Going to be a tough season but there will be some big games. Hopefully one of the diddy Fife teams will join us.

My ST will be renewed, definitely!

Can't see Hearts letting him go, but if he wants to sign for the mighty Rovers I'd be up for that.

If only Airdrie were still a power, that would be the natural retirement home for a Hearts clogger.

Edited by Scary Bear

Aidrie fan on their respective thread saying Craig Barr is linked with us. Would be a decent addition imo.

He'd be a fucking fantastic signing. Absolute rock of a defender, very good in the air and with the ball on the deck. He'd offer us a threat at set-pieces too.

When you consider there was an element, albeit it small element, that seemed to give Cardle stick for being an ex 'Townie b*****d' I can only imagine the meltdown from some people if Hamill were to sign. There's folk on FanTalk talking about boycotts if we were to sign him :lol:

Exactly, the statement acknowledged how disappointing this season has been, which, in itself, addressed the disconnect perceived between fans and club. Your opinion on whether a radical change will come to fruition or not is irrelevant; the first step to recovery is admitting there is a problem, this was achieved through the statement. The club have held their hands up, promised to do better, and put the fans wishes at the forefront of their ongoing plans, in what way is this cynical?

Let a little sunshine into your life, be optimistic about your "soft spot" team (we all know it's true! :P). Now, let's get right behind the Rovers!

Edited by BorisTheGrizzly

:lol:

Got to be a wind up!!

Why would he sign for us...............really, why?

Hearts are likely to be the Bookies favourites to win the Championship next season,and they are more than likely to be in position to pay higher wages than us (despite recent problems), and after "Ms Budge" gets to grips with the situation at Tynecastle.

Craig Barr signing for us maybe, but Jamie (I was shot with an elephant gun :1eye at Stark's Park) Hamill........naw!!

Edited by Wee Sandy