The New Raith Rovers Thread

As I understand it the players will still have a registration with one of the four clubs, they'll just be playing for the Fife Academy. There's a similar system being run already in Forth Valley.

There's some interesting discussion of it on the Pars forum, if you can bring yourself to look at it:

http://dafc.info/forum/read.php?f=1&i=1377549&t=1377549

Wonder how that works when the clubs want to sign some of these guys, quotas or a free market system where biggest and best gets first dibs on the best talent - in which case what incentive is there for the smaller fife clubs to be involved?

I'm sure the Pars and East Fife will still be keen.

Err I did. And I didn't have to 'run' anywhere. The wonders of technology means I can sit on my arse in the same spot and say it in both places. Great eh?

Err,you didn`t

no mention in your posts on your opinion that some are utter morons

Read some of the comments from the Pars forum referencing the current setup. If it does go that way it does have it pros and cons tho id like to see exactly what would the setup be

- How many from each team

- What happens to players who aren't developing fast enough, are they released, offered to other teams etc

- Are other smaller clubs outwidth the fife 4 made aware of released players to give them a chance to still make it in the game

- What is the short term/long term benefits for this (other than potentially a higher quality of player in 4/5 years time)

Err,you didn`t

I took it that your post was in reference to the railway stand.

However, he did say 'but when you read some of the nonsense written on here...', which is probably as much as you're allowed to get away with over there.

Err,you didn`t

Using different language on two different websites. Guilty as charged. Still didn't 'run' anywhere though. Sat here on my arse the whole time.

Probably worth putting on record that I wouldn't use the word arse on fan talk either...

Fine. Then shut the South Stand. Plenty room in the Railway Stand and Main Stand for most games. Policing and stewarding costs would presumably be reduced. Everyone packed in tighter together and closer to the pitch would improve atmosphere.

Yeah it would be cheaper to stick everyone in the Main Stand but I suspect that our dwindling home support would dwindle further given the facilities and view from in there.

Cash is tight at Rovers even with league reconstruction and cup runs. The last thing I'd want the club to do is spend money on something that won't generate any additional income. If someone presented me with an argument of how opening the home bit of the Railway Stand can cover the cost of doing so and generate additional income then I'd happily listen to it. I'd even go and sit in it.

The Board have obviously worked out the cost of replacing the seats in the away section can be covered by the additional tickets sold to Rangers and potentially Hearts. Replacing the seats in the home end is unlikely to generate additional punters in there to cover the cost of doing so never mind generate anything on top

Yeah it would be cheaper to stick everyone in the Main Stand but I suspect that our dwindling home support would dwindle further given the facilities and view from in there.

Cash is tight at Rovers even with league reconstruction and cup runs. The last thing I'd want the club to do is spend money on something that won't generate any additional income. If someone presented me with an argument of how opening the home bit of the Railway Stand can cover the cost of doing so and generate additional income then I'd happily listen to it. I'd even go and sit in it.

The Board have obviously worked out the cost of replacing the seats in the away section can be covered by the additional tickets sold to Rangers and potentially Hearts. Replacing the seats in the home end is unlikely to generate additional punters in there to cover the cost of doing so never mind generate anything on top

I've been sitting in the Main Stand for the past two seasons. You just have to get used to the pillars. None of that grief in the Railway Stand.

Generally, I've never really liked sitting behind the goal. It's okay if you are up the back of the South Stand, but if you're nearer the front it's pretty difficult to accurately tell what's happening at the North Stand goal. Also you can barely see the away fans, let alone hear them or have some banter with them. This doesn't help the atmosphere. Apart from a winning team, atmosphere is another thing often cited as needing improved, to make the matchday experience better. Putting fans nearer each other will probably help atmosphere.

I'm a halfway-liner at heart. The board have spoken. Hopefully they can make it happen.

Edited by Scary Bear

Yes. Not just generalisms but acknowledgement of specific failings and what they plan to do to address it, good stuff.

Quite looking forward to next season now after reading that for some reason. Especially with the fact that Hibs look to be joining us as well.

Me too, there's nothing like close season sunny optimism is there?

As for the Hibs, that discussion of the Dundee United games the other day was making me wistful for those innocent days when singing "Bring on the Hearts, the Hibs, the Rangers" used to mean you were in the Premier League.

After Don't Panic and the Epoilogue, I think it's third time lucky in terms of Statements. This is a much more grown up statement and it is in line with what the majority of fans seem to be concerned with. Had the season been more balanced we probably would've reflected on a disappointing season with a few memorable highlights. The promotion challenge turned relegation battle really did frustrate everyone.

I take issue with one comment though. Maybe it's just me but it states "we perhaps did not have enough ‘strength in depth’ to cope with injuries to key players and suspensions or to enable the management to tactically change the team around in order to counter the strengths of, and attack the weaknesses of, different opponents"

Surely we should've tried switching the wingers at least once...

That said, the club is going to need as much support as possible to compete next season. Season Ticket and the new away strip will be purchased. Hopefully my eldest will be able to start attrending some games next season and I'll make it along a bit more. Might even get another line on the lottery too, if we all do our bit it might mean another player or two which could make all the difference to the depth in quality that I think we would all agree hindered us a bit this season.

It's gonna be a great league next season... really hope the Hibees come down, 4 trips to Edinburgh would be quality and we've got a pretty decent record at Easter Road!!

I'm a behind the goal sort of guy myself but i would like to see something done with the railway stand it just looks a bit piss poor having this rotten stand that runs the length of the pitch but money atendances yada yada. However the old terracing on the main stand side has always bothered me more is there not anyway it can be filled in it's just a sparse area of some pointless steps.

Good statement. Just to highlight

- Murray will be charge next season

- They have identified that a bigger squad is needed

- Looking to retain much of the existing squad

- Bigger budget will be avialable

- Recognition from the management team that the league performances wasn't good enough

I feel a lot more optimistic now, but saying that. There's talking the talk, but will they walk the walk. Shit cliche I know. But they have have to up the ante next season, or we might be cut adrift. Depends who they're after I suppose.

Good statement. Just to highlight

- Murray will be charge next season

- They have identified that a bigger squad is needed

- Looking to retain much of the existing squad

- Bigger budget will be avialable

- Recognition from the management team that the league performances wasn't good enough

The statement said some of the existing squad will re-sign, not much.There is a difference.

The tone of the statement is excellent: not too contrite to end up sounding whiny, but gives a nod to the disappointment of this season, nor is there even a smidge of arrogance (which TH has an effortless knack of portraying), plus lots of well explained points to be optimistic about.

I will be getting my season ticket asap!