The New Raith Rovers Thread

To be honest if you went for being mini Livi this season you really went for the wrong players. I won't include Watson because I was unhappy that we let him go. Instead of Elliot, Fox and Booth you should have gone for Russell, Tony Andreu and Jesus Garcia Tena. Craig Barr was also available in January and his signing for Airdrie coincided with a bit of a revival for them. I was glad we got rid of Fox who just ran about a lot and gave suicide passes to his team mates when he did have the ball. Booth was distinctly ordinary.

But you didnae let Watson go he left as for Barr I agree he was descent

I don't look at the players and management and think of them as the guys that defeated the not so mighty Rangers, I just see them as being part of a season to forget. As far as I'm concerned that cup win might as well never have happened.

Listen, I get that you see a much bigger picture than interests me and that all the concerns and criticisms are probably perfectly legitimate. I'm not telling you to demand or expect no better because it really pisses me off when others come onto Queens thread and tell us what we're entitled to look for.

All I'm saying is that your season provided a massive highlight for everyone, let alone for you guys yourselves. It seems it papered over cracks you now need to see addressed.

League games are indeed the bread and butter, which is what makes them forgettable. Your season threw up something unforgettable. Enjoy that fact.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/championship/livingston-2-raith-rovers-0-kirkcaldy-men-end-on-a-low-1.352585

Some fans will moan about Cardle but he seems to be the only player who comes out and says the right things. He's also the first person, from either the playing squad or management, to finally admit we've done nothing since Christmas.

I keep hearing people mention the Ramsden's Cup but we played every round, bar the final, before the end of September. It was a brilliant day but being honest, if it wasn't Rangers would we all still be taking about it?

If we were losing games but playing decent football and being unlucky with results then there may be some excuse there. However the standard of football has been shocking and the same mistakes have been happening every week. Murray doesn't know, or seem to know, how to change it and resolve the problems. Even last week against Cowdenbeath we were losing 2-1 at home and he still only made 2 subs and kept the same formation. Go for it! Try something different!

I always thought that no matter how bad this season got I'd renew my season ticket for last year but the performances and that rant from Hutton are seriously making me question that.

Edited by Ding Dang Doo

He has to go :(

Just looked at our points tally since November. 22 points gained in the 1st 11 games to end of October. Only 20 points in the 25 games since then. Same as Morton (for the same period).

No excuses. He should walk away.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/championship/livingston-2-raith-rovers-0-kirkcaldy-men-end-on-a-low-1.352585

Some fans will moan about Cardle but he seems to be the only players who comes out and says the right things. He's also the first person, from either the playing squad or management, to finally admit we've done nothing since Christmas.

Cardle is the only one in the team that has ever really come out and said anything of truth about the situation. He's always come off as quite articulate and intelligent in his interviews and I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a move into management or coaching.

Grant Murray, on the other hand, in his interviews slavers constant cliché phrases and generally gives off the impression that he's clueless. There has clearly been an attitude problem given our cup runs in comparison to our league form and Murray has completely failed to address that. The Rasmdens Cup and the consequent financial burden of terminating his contract are the only factors that are saving him from the sack.

He has to go :(

Just looked at our points tally since November. 22 points gained in the 1st 11 games to end of October. Only 20 points in the 25 games since then. Same as Morton (for the same period).

No excuses. He should walk away.

Nobody resigns these days, unless they have a better job to go to. Might as well accept that, first and foremost, Grant Murray is here for a while yet.

Look on the bright side. The summer gives him the chance to freshen the squad up. Maybe we'll have another fantastic start to the season.

Some fans will moan about Cardle but he seems to be the only players who comes out and says the right things. He's also the first person, from either the playing squad or management, to finally admit we've done nothing since Christmas.

I keep hearing people mention the Ramsden's Cup but we played every round, bar the final, before the end of September. It was a brilliant day but being honest, if it wasn't Rangers would we all still be taking about it?

If we were losing games but playing decent football and being unlucky with results then there may be some excuse there. However the standard of football has been shocking and the same mistakes have been happening every week. Murray doesn't know, or seem to know, how to change it and resolve the problems. Even last week against Cowdenbeath we were losing 2-1 at home and he still only made 2 subs and kept the same formation. Go for it! Try something different!

I always thought that no matter how bad this season got I'd renew my season ticket for last year but the performances and that rant from Hutton are seriously making me question that.

Murray's take on it all?

"It's the most successful season I've been involved with".

Murray's take on it all?

"It's the most successful season I've been involved with".

He really knows how to wind fans up. I suppose, on the face of it, it has been a successful season. He's only had two seasons, and this was the most successful. There's been a (diddy) cup win, a Scottish Cup QF, and we finished 7th in the league.

However, a large percentage of our support want a change of manager, so something ain't right. Hopefully Grant knows this.

The league finish is bog average after being in the top 4 at Christmas, however he did keep us in the league. We went out the Scottish Cup with barely a whimper, but we did beat Hibs and Dundee away, which were great results. The Ramsdens Cup win is only really memorable because of who we beat. If it had been Stenhousemuir at Livi's ground, it would be forgotten by now. However, Murray has to be given credit for beating Rangers, given they went unbeaten in the league all season.

I am glad Joe cardle came out and said the obvious. It is refreshing to hear some honesty. We hear very little from the managment team.

As for Grant Murray's comments. Unless the journalist is cutting his quote short then it is very dissappointing. I sincerely hope the full quote is "Overall the league form has not been good enough. The team has not performed and our league position is not good enough. However we have won a national trophy and performed well in other cups. Overall it is teh most successful season I have been involved with"

There must be some recognition from the manager or the management team that we had a poor season. They simply can not possibly believe that the product on the pict was anywhere near good enough this season.

As for the cup win.I don't think we beat any team who were above us in the league throughout that cup run.

I am glad Joe cardle came out and said the obvious. It is refreshing to hear some honesty. We hear very little from the managment team.

As for Grant Murray's comments. Unless the journalist is cutting his quote short then it is very dissappointing. I sincerely hope the full quote is "Overall the league form has not been good enough. The team has not performed and our league position is not good enough. However we have won a national trophy and performed well in other cups. Overall it is teh most successful season I have been involved with"

There must be some recognition from the manager or the management team that we had a poor season. They simply can not possibly believe that the product on the pict was anywhere near good enough this season.

As for the cup win.I don't think we beat any team who were above us in the league throughout that cup run.

We beat Falkirk on that cup run, but right enough, they were below us when we played them.

I'm guessing they're probably won't be any signing or re-signing news for a couple of weeks yet, if they're all away partying it up in maga..