The New Raith Rovers Thread

Horrible league campaign. Glad it's over. Squad needs to be totally revamped.

Really petty but just went on twitter and the first tweet I saw was Gordon Smith absolute buzzing to go to maga. Sums up our team. Not that he isn't entitled to be excited about going away but a lot of our players are more focused on nandos and Saturday nights out than they are a Saturday afternoon game.

Horrible league campaign. Glad it's over. Squad needs to be totally revamped.

Really petty but just went on twitter and the first tweet I saw was Gordon Smith absolute buzzing to go to maga. Sums up our team. Not that he isn't entitled to be excited about going away but a lot of our players are more focused on nandos and Saturday nights out than they are a Saturday afternoon game.

Hey Kev, you never thanked me for insulting you into attending the Ramsden's final. Think how crap your season would have been if you'd missed that to watch some Ice Hockey.

Hey Kev, you never thanked me for insulting you into attending the Ramsden's final. Think how crap your season would have been if you'd missed that to watch some Ice Hockey.

Thank you. I had a great day in Nottingham on the Saturday and then Edinburgh on the Sunday. However I don't think I have had a good weekend since then. Rovers really have been chronic. I probably owe you more than a thank you.

Love you monkey tennis xxxxx

What's this I'm hearing about 4 Rovers fans being ejected from todays game with one throwing a punch at a steward :wacko:

There was certainly some sprinting stewards from other parts of the ground at one point so something untoward had obviously happened. Drunken nuggets.

Thank you. I had a great day in Nottingham on the Saturday and then Edinburgh on the Sunday. However I don't think I have had a good weekend since then. Rovers really have been chronic. I probably owe you more than a thank you.

Love you monkey tennis xxxxx

Better.

You did cross my mind during the post-final celebrations.

I was genuinely worried a RIP Kev thread would start on here the next day, outlining your tragic death at the wheel en route to Edinburgh for the final. I didn't fancy having that one on my conscience.

Glad to hear you survived and enjoyed the trip though.

Learn from this Kev.

3 wins in 20, f**k me. Next season is going to be a hoot. Wholesale changes and Murray out please. I wasn't there today but can anybody honestly blame me. I had far more entertainment broken down at the side of the A1, waiting for the RAC and listening to Open All Mics.

Edited by Enigma

There was certainly some sprinting stewards from other parts of the ground at one point so something untoward had obviously happened. Drunken nuggets.

I know of 2 being ejected, not sure what happened with the later one, just saw him getting grabbed but the first one went to hit the beach ball & inadvertently hit a steward but something must've happened outside after that because of the sprinting stewards as you say.

Edited by liam_barnett

I know of 2 being ejected, not sure what happened with the later one, just saw him getting grabbed but the first one went to hit the beach ball & inadvertently hit a steward but something must've happened outside after that because of the sprinting stewards as you say.

There's the rub.

An easy mistake to make as all of the stewards were equally rotund.

Thank f**k that's over.

1st time in years I've let myself get carried away with expectation and it's turned into a bloody drag.

Plenty of talent in that squad but the "waaaay maga" tweets sum it up. Some of our players just lack a bit of fight and determination.

I know it's their job but if I have a shit week at work, I miss a deadline or some of my work is criticised then I'm a grumpy b*****d for days on end.

The list of players I would keep has just been slimmed right down aswell.

It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in the Boardroom. Wonder which ones are currently for getting rid of Murray? Must be some.

I probably will get a season ticket for next season, but I do think I need my head examined for getting one. I know a few people who used to go to the Rovers. I wonder what the final straw was that stopped them going. I don't think I'm far away from finding out. Unless I start enjoying it a bit more next season, I think I'll find something more enjoyable to do with my limited free time.

Horrendous season. Topped off nicely by today's shambles. Sick of Murray, sick of his assistants, sick of the board and sick of most of the players.

Not looking forward to next season at all. That challenge cup win is just a distant memory now.

What's been most disappointing has been our form since beating the Rangers. After back to back wins and clean sheets against Alloa and in the final I thought we'd kick on and pick up 2 or 3 wins in the remaining league games but no, it was straight back into slapstick comedy defending mode against Dumbarton. Our five games after the final saw us pick up just 3 points and concede another 11 goals.

As far as I can see, from his tactics, some of his team selections, substitutions, inability to correct or even see basic mistakes, and his utter lack of reality in his post match talks Murray has next to no managerial ability.

Sorry Bert, not your fault, but make way for someone who knows what they're doing eh?

PS - You too Paul Smith, I cant see what you bring to the club.

Edited by Big Berk

If I f**k up at work I overthink it for days as perfection is my goal. Even if I didn't give a f**k, I would still use a bit of tact and not be evidently buzzing out of my tits for going on holiday.

I like Smith and reckon there's a player in there but he's been a bit daft with that one.

Those players who allegedly signed autographs at the sponsor's night as Pele etc can get themselves to f**k. Shite behaviour towards our young supporters who probably look up to them.

I like Smith and reckon there's a player in there but he's been a bit daft with that one.

I think there may well be but he clearly couldn't give a f**k, he either needs to pull his socks up of have somebody knock some sense into him. He was fucking garbage at the beginning of the season and didn't look like he was even pretending to try. Somebody on here said he'll be in the juniors in 3-5 years, they're absolute right, I guarantee it. John McEnroe said in an interview I remember that when he watches the elite boys tennis he can tell by the kids attitude, and attitude alone, who will and won't make it. I will not be happy if he's still at the club next season. You only have to look at somebody like Tade to see where hard work, ambition and determination can get you even if you are have weaknesses in other, more technical areas.

If Murray is in charge at the start of next season we won't finish above 8th, at a push, unless he signs a team who have quality enough to get results despite him. Our problems are two fold really, 1) We have a squad with some players who simply do not perform to the best of their abilities, 2) We have a management team who let them.

Edited by Enigma

The season is done now and we can fully assess our achievement. I've been accused of being a happy clapper this season as, for me, it hasn't been all doom and gloom. However, we have finished 2 points clear of relegation. 2points, or a Jason Thomson dive (that's for all them Cowden fans who'll be spewing the day anyway :P )

I'm sorry, but that isn't good enough. add in our form since December and we'll be lucky to not do a Morton next season!

As most of our squad are out of contract we have an opportunity to rebuild. I wouldn't clear out as there a few gems in there but the squad as a whole lacks balance, experience and a bit of dig to get us through games. I would say the club would be best taking the hit and coming to a deal with the Managerial team to move them on. We have time to go through the process of identifying a new manager who can build a decent squad for next seasons championship.

I wouldn't say Murray is a total failure, he isn't. However, looking forward, the probability of us being cannon fodder with him at the helm next season are pretty high. There are some decent managers out there who could do a much better job with what we've got and what we could have.