The New Raith Rovers Thread

Someone on fan talk has said the youth system is being totally revamped and we are taking part in some sort of Fife Youth Academy with the other senior sides in Fife.

Wouldn't surprise me.

Stenny and Falkirk (and possibly others) combined to form a Forth Valley academy last year.

Interesting to see how it works, if that is the case.

Murray on the radio today saying it has been a decent season. Is he for real? I was for giving him the benefit of the doubt until I heard that, surely he doesn't think the cup win makes it all ok?

I don't like the idea of us spending all the cup profits to get rid of him but I don't much fancy another league season like the one just past either. Rock and hard places spring to mind.

Re Spence, I find it strange many on here are happy to give Callachan another contract as he's young and still learning, but Spence (1 year older) is to go part time, or f**k off......

Regarding red cards reasearch, don't believe that, where's Cammy Fraser, Alex Brash, Dave Bowman, JP Javary, Sinky, Eric Achibald, Elvis ??

Agree with most of it, I would like us to keep Mullen, this boy has a lot to offer. I'm still on the fence concerning Spence, it'll be upto Grant at the end of the day. I'd like for us to target some of the part timers in our league. Especially Dumbarton players, as a team they have been awesome, wish we could tap into what Ian Murray does for them ha ha.

Dumbarton currently get the pick of west coat based p/t players, for an extra £50 would you lose 4-6 hours of your week ?

Dumbarton currently get the pick of west coat based p/t players, for an extra £50 would you lose 4-6 hours of your week ?

On that note I was interested to hear Lee Robinson say he is PT as it wasn't financially worthwhile for him to be FT with us. Our FT wages must not be that great either especially if you have a fair commute.

Lee Robinson will probably have another job as well though, possibly even full-time. I don't know what he does but his travel would easilly be 65/70 a week, which is a hell of a lot. Even if we did make up the shortfall from him leaving work to play FT, he'd be about £200 a month worse off.

Re Spence, I find it strange many on here are happy to give Callachan another contract as he's young and still learning, but Spence (1 year older) is to go part time, or f**k off......

Regarding red cards reasearch, don't believe that, where's Cammy Fraser, Alex Brash, Dave Bowman, JP Javary, Sinky, Eric Achibald, Elvis ??

I was skimming through Always Next Season so there's every chance I missed a couple, but I've got Brash, Bowman, Javary and Archibald all down for one each. I specifically had a look for Sinky and couldn't see one.

Our whole philosophy on football at the moment is brutal. The opposition were down to ten men yet we insisted on hoofing it long to Baird and Spence. Murray did well at the start of the season and in the cups, but 3 wins in 20 games is unacceptable.

This says everything Murray needs to go, a Ramsden's cup win doesn't make up for this record

Absolutely atrocious. The league season since December has been, the Anelka games aside, one of the most depressing periods watching Raith I can remember. Thank Christ for two games at Easter Road or the second half of the season would have been a washout.

So many imposters in this Raith side. Spence wants a regular starting spot? He'd be lucky to get a regular starting spot in League 2 based on that performance today. And Liam Fox has to be the first out the door in the summer. Truly dreadful.

Absolute waste of a day today and that's before you take into account the Livingston drum and the pissed up nugget who seemed intent on getting thrown out.

Thank f**k that seasons over

Also, there was some ridiculously cringy worship towards some players, while others would be slated. People singing Spence's name after he moans for a contract despite looking poor for months. It was pretty much summed up when Callachan made a few mistakes and got pelters. He is subbed for Vaughan who lost possession and nobody bats an eyelid.

Also, there was some ridiculously cringy worship towards some players, while others would be slated. People singing Spence's name after he moans for a contract despite looking poor for months. It was pretty much summed up when Callachan made a few mistakes and got pelters. He is subbed for Vaughan who lost possession and nobody bats an eyelid.

In their defence most singing Spence's names were pissed up. It was the beer goggles talking

Absolutely atrocious. The league season since December has been, the Anelka games aside, one of the most depressing periods watching Raith I can remember. Thank Christ for two games at Easter Road or the second half of the season would have been a washout.

So many imposters in this Raith side.

Thank f**k that seasons over

^^^^^^^^^

This.

What has made this past season so frustrating is that the fans...THE ONES WHO PAY TO WATCH.......know there is more potential in that team than Murray has" managed" to get on the field since the end of 2013.

Unless this is sorted NOW then we will be the whipping boys next season.

The Board need to show they mean business, oh, and please, do the business with the team and Manager Turnbull, don't bollock the fans again!

Can't see many buying a Season ticket the way things are right now.

Another brutal performance. 3 wins in 20 league games is criminal.

Why did we continue to punt the ball up the park to Baird and Spence today? We were devoid of any creativity or any sort of drive.

If he goes it's going to have to be done quickly because there's serious business to be done in the days ahead. So sack him tonight....

....or do the dirty on him - get him to re-sign the best of the team and sack him on Monday night. :)