The New Raith Rovers Thread

The Railway Stand thing has been done to death. For the crowds we attract it's just not worth the cost/effort to renovate it, just to appease a few supporters who would probably prefer to sit there, given the choice. I'm not sure spreading our already dwindling support over the three stands instead of two would do much in the way of generating atmosphere. Even an all-singing, all-dancing shiny new Railway Stand wouldn't attract the numbers to justify doing it up.

My own opinion is that we should be making plans to relocate from Starks Park to a more suitable stadium.

I don't know the exact figures but we currently pay in the region of £5k a month to lease SP and are responsible for all maintenance. I don't know the annual maintenance bill however we spent £30k on the pitch over the summer and the main stand must be a maintenance nightmare. In fact the N and S stands are also deteriorating significantly and the Railway stand is pretty much finished.

The stadium offers very little opportunity for the club to raise income additional to that raised on matchdays. Even on matchdays, a stadium with decent access, a car park, a wee boozer with the lunchtime football on live would all increase potential for additional club revenue. A little imagination could see it include things like a soft play centre for the wife and kids whilst the dads/ big kids go to the game (please ignore the obvious stereotype there but this represents my own situation pretty well and couldve resulted in me and at least 4 others attending maybe 5 or 6 additional games over the season). This may not be a workable idea but illustrates things that we may be able to incorporate into a new stadium that could never be installed at Starks

Yes it would involve costs, a large loan or mortgage but if a reasonable business plan is put together I don't see why the difference in what we pay now for SP added to the additional revenue that could be made wouldn't be enough to cover the repayments of a loan to build something more suitable which we would actually own.

Radical? not as radical as you would think. In my opinion, Starks Park has become a millstone around our neck. It costs us a regular fortune and provides literally no atmosphere even for decent crowds. Whilst not the sole reason, I definitely think the Starks Park experience contributes to our ever decreasing crowds.

For us to really progress we need to be assessing options for relocating to a more affordable and suitable home. With hindsight, the redevelopment of Starks was a huge mistake.

djd

we`ve not always agreed in fact i dont think we have :lol: but we do on this occassion.incoming green one for your post

regards maintenance,ground costs, for 2012-13 it was nigh on 20k and the cost to repair,replace the goosed tannoy system this season will run into the thousands over and above any other maintenance required

My own opinion is that we should be making plans to relocate from Starks Park to a more suitable stadium.

I don't know the exact figures but we currently pay in the region of £5k a month to lease SP and are responsible for all maintenance. I don't know the annual maintenance bill however we spent £30k on the pitch over the summer and the main stand must be a maintenance nightmare. In fact the N and S stands are also deteriorating significantly and the Railway stand is pretty much finished.

The stadium offers very little opportunity for the club to raise income additional to that raised on matchdays. Even on matchdays, a stadium with decent access, a car park, a wee boozer with the lunchtime football on live would all increase potential for additional club revenue. A little imagination could see it include things like a soft play centre for the wife and kids whilst the dads/ big kids go to the game (please ignore the obvious stereotype there but this represents my own situation pretty well and couldve resulted in me and at least 4 others attending maybe 5 or 6 additional games over the season). This may not be a workable idea but illustrates things that we may be able to incorporate into a new stadium that could never be installed at Starks

Yes it would involve costs, a large loan or mortgage but if a reasonable business plan is put together I don't see why the difference in what we pay now for SP added to the additional revenue that could be made wouldn't be enough to cover the repayments of a loan to build something more suitable which we would actually own.

Radical? not as radical as you would think. In my opinion, Starks Park has become a millstone around our neck. It costs us a regular fortune and provides literally no atmosphere even for decent crowds. Whilst not the sole reason, I definitely think the Starks Park experience contributes to our ever decreasing crowds.

For us to really progress we need to be assessing options for relocating to a more affordable and suitable home. With hindsight, the redevelopment of Starks was a huge mistake.

I agree with this post. I'm just not 100% certain how we get the initial funding for a new stadium. The business plan would have to be 'creative' and we'd have to find an accommodating lender.

It would be helpful if the club would publish the results of the Strategy Day they held a couple of years back. That would surely have held some discussions on the future of Stark's Park. That Strategy Day is right up there with the SFA Think Tank.

Edited by Scary Bear

I agree with you a new stadium that generates income is a great idea in principle but where could we put this new stadium if we can find the money? Not putting your idea down as I think you are right but the only problem with a new stadium is if they are built miles outside the centre they can see crowds drop especially if they lack anything around them like Falkirks new ground which is a nice stadium but the middle of no where with no bars or cafes around it. If we are able to move I think we need to get the right location as in my opinion moving too far from the centre would see us playing in front of below 1000 fans. Haven't Airdrie and St Johnstone suffered badly crowd wise from moving outside?

As I said Double Jack D I agree with your idea but we need to get the right location as well as the right stadium. Anyone any thoughts on where RRFC could relocate without moving too far?

Edited by San Starko Rover

End of season blah blah blah pish……..

I agree with you a new stadium that generates income is a great idea in principle but where could we put this new stadium if we can find the money? Not putting your idea down as I think you are right but the only problem with a new stadium is if they are built miles outside the centre they can see crowds drop especially if they lack anything around them like Falkirks new ground which is a nice stadium but the middle of no where with no bars or cafes around it. If we are able to move I think we need to get the right location as in my opinion moving too far from the centre would see us playing in front of below 1000 fans. Haven't Airdrie and St Johnstone suffered badly crowd wise from moving outside?

As I said Double Jack D I agree with your idea but we need to get the right location as well as the right stadium. Anyone any thoughts on where RRFC could relocate without moving too far?

Bulldoze and start again! :lol:

End of season pish type posts….

They could always do what Falkirk did and build one stand to begin with yes it will be shite but it's a start. For it to make money it would need facilities shops offices function rooms places to eat. 4G pitches and a gym are pretty essential as well.

Milton Keynes dons for as much of a joke of a football team they are have an ikea, one of the biggest asda,s in Europe a shopping complex with one of the biggest primark s I've seen as well as a gym 600 parking spaces and new purpose built stadium all on one site.

Jeff Stelling and Charlie Nicholas have both been announced as two main guests for this years hall of fame show. Sounds like it's going to be another cracking night, gutted I don't have a ticket.

Link