The New Raith Rovers Thread

Give it a couple of weeks.

Very much doubt it? What will be will be. The league is so tight that it can all change in a matter of weeks. Judging by Alloa's performance on Tuesday they will struggle for points especially away from home.

McGurn is good at this level but he's ageing and is always going to pick up injuries easier. I wouldn't swap him for Flynn though no. Watson being out seems to have caused you all sorts of bother and that would worry me. Two players out isn't unlucky with injury, it's just a standard season. Every other team will have had two players out throughout the season but they just get on with it. Blaming injuries for your threadbare squad isn't correct. That's all I'm saying, not disputing their ability.

If Cowden had Hemmings and Stewart out for any prolonged period they would remain firmly welded in that 9th place.

One outfield player out injured and you spiral towards the relegation playoffs, wow.

Good job two outfield players never got injured!

Actually, it's not just the one guy being out, it's the fact that we haven't managed to put a settled back four on the pitch at any time, due both to injuries and suspensions. Laidlaw's form coming in for McGurn was patchy and he did fluff a few goals for us, but it certainly didn't help going into three games with three different central defensive partnerships in front of him we had both cardle and Anderson out for two games which stifled our play as well, you also had Fox playing through an injury for several weeks due to simply not having any other options but for him to play.

Ridiculous argument that if your only 2 recognised goalscorers are out, then yous won't pick up the points...

I reckon his point is justified..

Okay then if we are playing ridiculous games like that. I reckon if all 15 of your squad were out injured then you would plummet down the table. How does that sound?

Losing an ageing keeper who has easily been replaced with Robinson (albeit he hasn't started well) and one outfield player is pathetic to say 'we have been unlucky with injuries'. We have had two players out on a number of occasions this season. It happens. It will happen next season and the season after that.

Okay then if we are playing ridiculous games like that. I reckon if all 15 of your squad were out injured then you would plummet down the table. How does that sound?

Losing an ageing keeper who has easily been replaced with Robinson (albeit he hasn't started well) and one outfield player is pathetic to say 'we have been unlucky with injuries'. We have had two players out on a number of occasions this season. It happens. It will happen next season and the season after that.

Robinson has played three games of the seventeen since the Morton game when Davie got injured. Before that he'd been over in Sweden.

I think that the injuries we have had were unlucky and have had an impact on the season. They hit two areas where we were a bit weaker than anywhere else for a good while. We had Colin Stewart brought in as back-up and had to get Reece Donaldson back from his loan spell at Peterhead: It isn't exactly world class players we were losing but hardly ideal compared to what we had. McGurn and Watson were fantastic at the start of the season. I don't think it's too difficult to see that we had a solid starting 11 when beginning the season.

With Watson hopefully returning over the next few weeks, I'm hopeful we'll start to turn our winless form around. I think with Baird returning we're looking far more effective up front given his style of play. If we can put together a spell with a consistent back line of Booth-Hill-Watson and Thomson or Mullen then things should become more stable.

Mullen, McCann, Stewart, Baird and Robinson would imply the money was available.

McCann and Stewart were on short term deals and now gone. Maybe your right we did have funds, but reduced wages i'm certain of that. I don't think we could match what Partick were paying Baird.

although mcgurn and watson have been a big loss to us i actually agree with you,we rodgered hibs without either of these players .hamilton had virtually their whole back four missing when they played us yet still managed to ram us

using injuries/suspensions etc are poor excuses for our poor form and inept performances .

the club chose to go down the road of quality(allegedly)over quantity

Edited by Rovers_Lad

You really can't have seen him play against us...good goalie..we did well to get him and it could save our season...

12 goals lost in 4 games. Either you've jinxed him or he's not a great as you think.

How many of those goals have been his fault? Two, at a push?

Laidlaw sold three in the game against Cowdenbeath alone.

I'm sure a change in goalkeeper again hasn't helped the back four, it never does, but between now and the end of the season we need to have the best keeper available in goal. That's Robinson.

Nothing that happened today was Robinson's fault.

Collectively, our defence is a shambles. We can try and apportion blame if we want and point to isolated statistics, but that doesn't identify identify Robinson as the root cause.