The New Raith Rovers Thread

Laidlaw has still played alot of games for us this season and will help his development. Vaughan hasn't played as much as we would all like but need to remember he is only 18 and should have a bright future ahead of him i just hope we get to see the best of him in a Rovers shirt

Agreed with Mullen been impressed when ive seen him and Thompson seems to have gone backwards since he got the captains armband. Im glad to see that Callachan has managed to force himself into the first team as I really like him as a player and Donaldson's stint at Peterhead seems to have given him a bit more confidence.

Laidlaw has still played alot of games for us this season and will help his development. Vaughan hasn't played as much as we would all like but need to remember he is only 18 and should have a bright future ahead of him i just hope we get to see the best of him in a Rovers shirt

age should not be a barrier.how old is callaghan?sadly dont see these guys featuring anymore next season than this season

age should not be a barrier.how old is callaghan?sadly dont see these guys featuring anymore next season than this season

Callaghan rightfully deserves his first team place. He's been infinitely superior to Liam Fox as of late, and has been unlucky not to have a few goals so far this season. Give the lad time and I think he can become an excellent player for us, especially alongside Moon. He's come on leaps and bounds from the occasional appearance we'd see under McGlynn.

Lee Robinson apparently a great keeper, he's let in 8 goals in 3 games. The jury is still out for me, but i'm still waiting to see what the QoS fans saw in him.

You could argue two of those have been his fault, and even then he hasn't been helped by his defence (or in the case of Tuesday, midfield) in front of him. I'd imagine that he'll be a lot more comfortable without the defence changing every single game. When we get Watson and Dougie lining up together regularly, I'm hopeful we'll become a lot more solid.

Agree with you about Mullen, although Thomson put in a good shift on Tuesday in the second half.

Callaghan rightfully deserves his first team place. He's been infinitely superior to Liam Fox as of late, and has been unlucky not to have a few goals so far this season. Give the lad time and I think he can become an excellent player for us, especially alongside Moon. He's come on leaps and bounds from the occasional appearance we'd see under McGlynn.

i never said otherwise that callaghan doesn`t deserve his place .when i said "sadly dont see these guys featuring anymore next season than this season" it was laidlaw and vaughan i was alluding to

Well you could say that? But at the same time, those 2 players have been key to our success this season. Maybe not so much tactically but certainly given us stability at the back.

The constant chopping and changing (not always Murray's fault) of the defence and to a lesser extent the goalkeeper has been out major downfall this half of the season.

What you can also observe is that the players at the start of the season were playing quite comfortably, some good football, and of course getting results.

You could say that now we've came to the pressure end of the season and some of the players just aren't good enough mentally to produce the results we need to maintain a promotion play off spot.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I Certainly think that those 2 things have been factors in our recent spiral in form.

Edited by Wardy

McGurn is good at this level but he's ageing and is always going to pick up injuries easier. I wouldn't swap him for Flynn though no. Watson being out seems to have caused you all sorts of bother and that would worry me. Two players out isn't unlucky with injury, it's just a standard season. Every other team will have had two players out throughout the season but they just get on with it. Blaming injuries for your threadbare squad isn't correct. That's all I'm saying, not disputing their ability.

McGurn is good at this level but he's ageing and is always going to pick up injuries easier. I wouldn't swap him for Flynn though no. Watson being out seems to have caused you all sorts of bother and that would worry me. Two players out isn't unlucky with injury, it's just a standard season. Every other team will have had two players out throughout the season but they just get on with it. Blaming injuries for your threadbare squad isn't correct. That's all I'm saying, not disputing their ability.

So it's standard having 2 of your starting 11 out of 3/4 of a season?

Which 2 have been out all season for you lot?

Shit happens. Deal with it. Blame the manager for having such woeful replacements instead of blaming 'bad luck'. One outfield player injured. One. Just think about that.

I have to add that there has been a spate of bad haircuts to contend with also.

So when do you think we'll get our next win, as by the end of next weekend we'll be in the relegation play-offs at this rate..

On the law of averages, we are due a win. It's bound to come. A few seasons back we went 9 games without winning before beating Partick Thistle 2-1 at Starks Park. Repetition of this result against Falkirk will do nicely.

f**k that. Falkirk win please

It's actually getting a bit obsessive is it not? Maybe just concentrate on your own teams fortunes? You won't find me trotting into your match forums begging for you's to get beat....

Who are Cowden playing anyway?

Scratch that who cares!